SPVMan goes V1.0 - 19th July 2003 - Final version

Guest muff

EDIT

V1.00 - hurrah! :)

Finally got around to adding the background sound loop

Unless major bugs are found, this is the final version.

Please enjoy, and report any bugs you find

muff

HISTORY

-------

F - fixed

+ - added

V1.00 - 19th July 2003

F - blue ghosts are now slightly slower due to popular demand

F - bug where red ghost would sometimes just circle the ghost pen

+ - background sound loop

+ - nasty hack to stop the occasional ghost getting caught on the left edge of the ghost pen (cant find the orignal cause)

SPVMan_1_00.zip

Guest Coolboy1982

I don't mind the ghosts! great job!

One thought though: Could you please map the number keys, too for the directions (like the controls for snake), because one needs really small

fingers to use the joystick properly...

Also are you planning a highscore upload to the internet later?

Thaks again! great work!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I think its the central pen, i only really notice once they're drifting across the center of the screen though. That is, through the gap in the middle of each wall, and just keep drifting across the screen until you eat them.

Could you please map the number keys, too for the directions (like the controls for snake), because one needs really small

fingers to use the joystick properly...

Also are you planning a highscore upload to the internet later?

Thaks again! great work!

mapping to the keypad will be done in the next version - will wait until I fix these ghosts until I do that, otherwise I'd be doing updates all day long :)

could you let me know what the mapping for the keys is in snake, I dont have it

as for internet scoring, hadn't planned to do so - but maybe

I think its the central pen, i only really notice once they're drifting across the center of the screen though.  That is, through the gap in the middle of each wall, and just keep drifting across the screen until you eat them.

so they are drifting horizontally?

always left to right, right to left or both

sorry to hassle, but may help me find the bug

Guest Coolboy1982

Those were the snke-like controls I was talking about in the last post!

Also in case you will decide to do an upload feature for the highscores later,

you may want to have a look at the snake thread here , as that app sends them to an online list!

Well actually someone like you who quickly coded packman in a few hours

probably doesn't even need to look at other people's work to add another

feature.

Looking forward to future releases!

newer version still

now up to 0.04a

this fixes the bug Monolithix spotted on ghosts running out of the pen when you get the power pills - big thanks for spotting what was happening here mate :)

also mapped the numeric pad ala Snake for the controls - thanks to Coolboy1982 for reminding me

any more bugs, just let me know

muff

Guest Deemon

doest work for me ... click on SPVman in the games menu , the coloured wheel comes up like its loading and then it goes back to the menu...

(yes my phone is cert unlocked)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I didn't have any problems downloading, used the link in your first post and whacked it onto my SD card. (Double checked, definately v0.04a according to the inital screen when it loads).

Guest awarner [MVP]

Works fine cheers :) I've even made it a speed dial.

one question I thought there was always sound even when

pacman went over an area he already covered?

Or is that what you mean when you said the sound is nor perfect?

Guest midnight

nooo, the sound is the sound of pacman eating the pills :wink:

hmmm, altho, didnt the stat music play every time you started a new life aswell????? maybe my memory aint that great either and i could be completely wriong about that :)

glad people seem to like it

midnight:

the start music definately only plays at the start of the first level - sorry, but your memory is playing tricks :)

awarner:

you're right

what I meant by the sound not being perfect is that there should be a backgound sound loop, even when not it powerpill mode, and that even when in powerpill mode you should be able to hear the dots being eaten

I've left these out as they would require me to add Fmod dll, in order to mix the sound effect together

this would make the download bigger, and comprise multiple files

so I opted to make it a single file release, and lose some of the sound perfection

if I get enough comments about it I may revisit again, but for the moment I'm pretty happy with it

Guest Gorskar

Yep - a great version Love it very much thank you.

If you want to go further with it perhaps you could have a choice of different maps, like that one deemon converted from MSpacman.

If you want to go further with it perhaps you could have a choice of different maps, like that one deemon converted from MSpacman.

at this point in time I have no plans to add other maps, as I just wanted to create a clone of the original arcade machine

in order to get everything working properly there are some nasty hacks in the code that are specific to this map, so adding other maps would require some severe reworking of the existing code

we'll see what happens in the future though, I may change my mind

muff