SPVMan goes V1.0 - 19th July 2003 - Final version

Guest muff

yeah, when the C500 came out it way quickly obvious that they made the volume buttons work differently :(

on previous Smartphones when you held the volume key down it kept affecting the volume, on the C500 it only thinks you've pressed it once - and so the game only moves the volume down a little bit

there are a couple of ways around it :-

1. turn the volume of the phone down (not silent mode, as I wasn't that clever then :D)

2. edit the registry value for the volume setting [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\muff\spvman] - set the 'Sound' value between 0 and 64 (where 0 is effectively off)

3. press the volume down key lots and lots, it gets there eventually :D

obviously option 1 is quicker for daily changes to the volume, whereas option 2 is a more permanent solution

you never know, one day I might dig out the code and fix it properly :D - but O will only bring out another phone with a different problem :D

Edited by muff

• 4 weeks later...
Guest akaryrye

Dont know if its been brought up already, but for some reason I am unable to get this program to work with my Mitac Mio 8390. Ill try the GAPI Signer thing and see if that allows it to work.

Update: Using the GAPI Signer solved the problem ... damn thats a great game man. Thanks for putting in your effort, i shall have many hours of fun with this one.

Edited by akaryrye

• 1 month later...
Guest Disco Stu
how can i download it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum ;)

What I would do is go to the first post in the first page of this thread and right-click on the zip file.

Save Link As - and save to PC.

Unzip and copy across to phone.

I've downloaded, but being new to the SPV, how do I install it?

I've tried copying the files to the phone, then running the XML file. It doesn't seem to create a link to the game or unpack it anywhere. Any ideas for this newbie?

Thanks

• 6 months later...
Guest jamjammo

BIG fan of SPV Man, and pacman.

;)

thanks for a great game, even though it does have just one level. its tons of fun. thank you.

<< subsribed to this thread for future notification of new release >>

BIG fan of SPV Man, and pacman.

;)

thanks for a great game, even though it does have just one level. its tons of fun. thank you.

>

What do you mean just one level? Both spvMan and spvInvaders have infinite levels.

Guest jamjammo
What do you mean just one level? Both spvMan and spvInvaders have infinite levels.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i mean all levels are same maze.

they get harder cause of fsater moving ghosts.

but ... same level.

i still love it though.

i mean all levels are same maze.

they get harder cause of fsater moving ghosts.

but ... same level.

i still love it though.

The original PacMan was all the same maze layout regardless of the level. SPVMan is a clone/homage to the original.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jamjammo
The original PacMan was all the same maze layout regardless of the level. SPVMan is a clone/homage to the original.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

forgive me for not knowing the answer, but wasn't there a PACMAN game where the mazes became more complex?!

i'm not knocking this SPVMAN in anyway/shape/form. i play this game religiously.

i just broke my old record of 23,000 points ;)

forgive me for not knowing the answer, but wasn't there a PACMAN game where the mazes became more complex?!

i'm not knocking this SPVMAN in anyway/shape/form. i play this game religiously.

i just broke my old record of 23,000 points ;)

There have been some other clones/bootlegs that had different mazes and or graphics. I can't recall any specific names though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I´m from Spain and I like a lot your SpvMan, I do competitions with sister,friends and girlfriend.

The game is almost perfect, but is very difficult to add a pause button please?

I´ll really love it that way.

Thank you very much for your effort

Cheers

Edited by kike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dark Horse

Does this version work on a C500? I recall there being a specific C500 version that fixed a load of bugs. The one in the download section has been removed which seems a bit odd given that you can still download a version from this thread.

Regards,

Dark Horse

• 9 months later...
Guest dovemeister
as it says in the readme file

the record button is the pause button

hi - great game, love it but on the SPV C500 where is the record button to pause it?? I'm guessing it cant be paused on the C500 which is a shame

anyway to stretch this to QVGA instead of centered in the middle?

there is a WM5 QVGA version I did here

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=231961

but it is the same game just with a bezel around the image in the middle

at some point I may get around to making a fullscreen QVGA version, but it's not high on my list of priorities atm I'm afraid

• 1 month later...