In this thread we could maybe get suggestions for games

Please keep posts relevent

EDIT by awarner

any "good idea thanks" type posts will be removed so that any developers

can access this topic more easily.

Thanks to all who contribute :)

Ashley

Guest v1nn1e

When my friends saw intersteller flames they were gobsmacked! Is it hard to make a game like that? 3d type one but better playability ofcourse.

No one has made the simple but cool game, Asteroids. Or have they? A nice colourful version would be good.

Guest awarner [MVP]

As requested in Software by Eran and Flash any chance of

Bubble Bobble being developed (or a clone if the source code is not available)

Guest midnight

ok, as far as bubble bobble goes, i just needed a coder cos i can use the same gfx as bub and bob in pacland and i know a musician who is doing the music for bub and bob, so he will do the music for bubble bobble aswell.

Guest kingdom master

hmm, been thinking about this how about these games

shinobi

frogger

paper boy

simpsons arcade

star wars

amsoft games like harrier attack, amoung others there is a ce emulator.

note- will be paul, tried editing my picture but wouldnt change for some reason?

Guest midnight

yeh, and i also think people should think about the amount of work involved with making games, stuff like pacman, galaga etc are simple enough to make, but things like afterburner, shinobi, paperboy etc would take much too long, and to be honest if those games where to be made you would have to pay for it, and then they would be new games not conversions (due to copyright)

all games programmers who are doing this for free currently do not have the time nor resources to make these big games.

Guest JaToAc

yeah, let's keep the games simple... it's a phone after all. let's update some good old classics with new gfx, snd end efx but keep them simple. i'm jsut playing these things in damn boring meetings, train rides or when waiting for me girl to get finished dressing.

---------------------------

all your base are belong to us :wink:

Guest neilfenstein

Does anyone remember Flashback and Prince of Persia?

I understand that these are pretty big games but they would be good looking games and the format may suit the SPV well. :)

Guest neilfenstein

I forgot to say, I saw my mates 7650. Swear word I know, but he had these Java games. Summer Games and Snowboarding.

I know they are java :D They did look cool but they seem pretty simple. In Summer games you had to tap the numbers in the same sequence as they appeared on the screen. Snowboarding was just left and right down a halfpipe and a couple of trick buttons.

What I was thinking is with the quality of the graphics in games such as bub & bob these games could look better on the SPV but keep the simple playable button bashing gameplay. Making them not as complicated but very popular.

P.S. would love to be able to code a game. ;) So i can keep making my inferior phone owner mates wishing they had an SPV!! :)

Guest midnight

surely asteroids could be done without problems, easiest way is to crop the screen so that it is square, or, if you require more width just rotate the screen

Does anyone remember Flashback and Prince of Persia?  

I understand that these are pretty big games but they would be good looking games and the format may suit the SPV well. ;)

superb games - not sure the SPV controls are up to the task though :)

surely asteroids could be done without problems, easiest way is to crop the screen so that it is square, or, if you require more width just rotate the screen

will investigate playability at this size :D

Guest Coolboy1982
I rekon a master system/gamegear emulator!

yeah, that would rule!

do you remember that game, where you were sliding down this massive

slide collecting tonns of rings?

And all the other games with that little hedgehock creature who's name I

can't remember!

Anybody? Can this be done?

Guest Coolboy1982
SONIC RULES, MARIO SUX!

Ah, yes! Sonic! That's the one!

So, can someone make an emulator? Maybe there is a wince one that can be

ported! Maybe an idea for spacemonkey!