LED Flasher

Guest midnight

Guest hawpunch

hey midnight,

is there anyway to flash the lights for the keys on the mpx200? i like the blue light and it would be cool if the lights on each of the keys started flashing when a call came in or an sms :).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diode

Try this.....

in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsClock

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsE-mail

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsReminder

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsSMS

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsVoiceMail

out these value apf1w99999f0

which translates : (a-audible)(p-pause)(f1-flash every sec)(w99999-blinks for 99999secs)(fo-revert to 3sec flash) THEN....

IN:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsKEYPRESS

put script valu "f0" (without "")

- sooo when a key s pressed ie., to check sms or mail...reverts automatically to 3 sec flashes....and all without vibrates.

works for me. :)

Guest Diode

me again....got some corrections..good thing nobody has viewed my post yet. :)

nyway, when i used my tweak it seemed that my volume level got low everytime i was receiving sms or when the flash tweak was activated.

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsSMS

value = apf1 (a-audible)(p-when used in keypress makes a beep so i gez this is not pause)(f1-led starts to flash every sec.)

then

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsKEYPRESS

value = f0 (reverts led back to 3sec flashes)

i gez the prob was with the "w99999" (wait x secs)...omitted it n all goes well.

hope this helps other tweakers

Guest Diode

have u tried the tweak midnight?

anyway, that solve maybe its time we look for the tweak that makes the led flash in orange. :)

im trying to look for it, maybe associated with LOWBATT warning but no luck.

happy tweaking...good luck! :D

Guest midnight

with older versions of the os (before 1.6) apf1 didnt work, thats why the wait was included, if this does indeed change the volume then thats a screw up with the os, and a pretty silly screw up aswell. And could explain why some people do have problems with their volume even if they dont install the Led flasher CAB (means that certain midi ringtones would affect the volume aswell)

oh, and p=play :)

Guest bb193

All sounds fantastic - oh, for a big book explaining all the possible registry settings.

Is there one just to stop the green light flashing every 3 seconds when there is a signal?

I can see when there is signal by looking at the top right of the screen. I don't need a light that wastes my battery and illuminates my car in the dark to tell me I have signal.

Guest midnight

for a start, it defintely wont waste any battery, led's use practically no battery power, but either way, there is no way of turning it off unfortunately

Guest Varnson

Anyone with an idea to get the external LCD backlight to blink every x seconds when a message/missed call is recieved? Those tiny icons just don't do it for me.

• 3 months later...
Guest sunny31

I tried on mitac 8390 it installed but the led dont flash :D

is there anyway to make the 8390 led flash

the led never comes on unless im charging (constant red) and when its dont charging (constant green) other than that it dont do anything doesnt even tell me if i have signal or anything

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cybertronic

Tried this on my Orange SPV E200, it seems to have turned off the system sounds even if I changed them to the loudest :?, it has vibrated non stop for once when I got a SMS and I had to take out the battery :lol:

But, the application works overall :D, would definitly install a fixed version :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nexxexium

Any chance of changeing led flashin in SP2003/C500?

registry is different

The sounds registries like SMS just show the file it uses "notify.mid"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/controlpanel/sounds/rington0 however shows values of the sound it uses and a script v3w3apw3r changed the first 3 to 0 but no effect.

Besides this other keys can be found where this one looks interessting HKEY_CURRENT_USER/controlpanel/notifications/led

Plz Midnight any ideas to help us customizing this like colours and speed??

When i increased the 3's to 4's the ringtone cycles faster

Edited by nexxexium

Guest Disco Stu

If you look at Nexxexium's post above yours, it would seem that the app needs modifying to suit the C500.

You'll have to hope Midnight gets some time to update it. :)

Just to add to the color change discussion.

Has anyone noticed that the led flashes blue every third flash when Bluetooth is on?

My SPV E200 does.

Whenever Bluetooth is on I get - green - blue - green

With bluetooth off I get green - green - green

Maybe this puts someone on a trial.

So, I played around with this little doohickey for a couple days and decided that it just wasn't for me. Problem is, now my phone "dings" and vibes at me every time I turn it on. I've looked at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SystemStart. I think it used to say "none" under sound value, and I've changed it back to that. Nothing I do seems to change it back to a silent startup. Help?

Guest nexxexium
So, I played around with this little doohickey for a couple days and decided that it just wasn't for me.  Problem is, now my phone "dings" and vibes at me every time I turn it on.  I've looked at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SystemStart.  I think it used to say "none" under sound value, and I've changed it back to that.  Nothing I do seems to change it back to a silent startup.  Help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uuuuuhhhm Hard reset!?

Guest scott2eyes

Before you try the extreme solution of a hard reset (and if you do, make sure you're backed up first!) I've got a C500, and I haven't touched this tweak yet; the details for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SystemStart reg key I've got on my phone (ie. which should be the default settings) are;

Value name:

Sound

Value data:

Carrier_boot.mid

Value type:

REG_SZ

Hope that helps...

• 1 month later...