• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SD Memory Card Drive

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it just me, or has anyone else has problems with their memory card falling out of the SPV's memory card drive?

On more than one occasion after dropping my phone (from a short height by accident) my memory card has popped out.

I love the phone, but so far this issue has cost me a 256MB sd card, I’m not pleased about that at all as you can imagine, and as accessories are not converted by phone insurance this could turn into an expensive problem.

Posted

Try not to drop the phone :)

Remember the card is held in by a mechanical switch so any severe jolt

may relese the card.

Posted

My MMC is nice and secure.

Is your slot damaged at all? Are the cards clicking into place?

You could simply put a length of stickytape over the hole, that'll keep it in! :)

Posted

My MMC is nice and secure, and the card clicks into place, I wouldn't say that the slight drops caused severe jolts either, I only dropped the phone about 2 to 3 feet. I guess if this isn't a common issue I must just be unlucky :cry:

I guess I’ll just have to be more careful, and no I won't be using the sticky tape fix :)

Posted

Have you got orange care?

if so you could get it replaced.

Posted

I do have orange care, but when i phoned them i was told that accessories are not covered :cry: not that i consider my memory card an accessory but an essential part of the phone.

And even if it was i'm sure Orange would of come back and twll me that it would of only been covered if i had bought the card from them, and not from ebay were they are MUCH cheaper.

Posted

But surely the fault lies with the phones capabilities of holding the card in place. It's got nothing to do with the card.

Posted

can anybody here tell me how to format the MMC card on my smartphone? I have 128 mmc but it was installed before in nokia 3650. It can read all the files made by nokia. Is it necessary to format it in my smartphone before I can use it? Pls helpcan anybody here tell me how to format the MMC card on my smartphone? I have 128 mmc but it was installed before in nokia 3650. It can read all the files made by nokia. Is it necessary to format it in my smartphone before I can use it? Pls help, send your reply at my email add [email protected]

Posted

You need the excellent app Task Manager to format the card on the phone,

your other option is to get a card reader and format it on the PC

Posted

There are still some SD cards that can't be formated with TaskManager for example KingMax Cards! I think there is a sort of bug in the application or the SD is too sensible!:-)