• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Midlets that DO work with the MiTAC Java Runtime!

101 posts in this topic

Posted

not just any midlet, but rather the one's designed for nokia 7650. its because of the screen size and the 7650 is the only closest match with the smartphone's resolution.

Posted

Just installed virca, works fine. It's a bit useless as a send client for irc, as the menu's are unhandy and there is a seperate writing box. But, it does work.

The thing is: you need to install both java cab files on the PHONE to work. If this cannot be altered i think not many ppl will use java on their spv. It will eat up all RAM memory... or am i overlooking something?

Posted

asteroids, defender, bowling, compass, blackjack and pinball work fine for me

Posted

I just received my Mitac Mio 8380 recently, and want to know how to install java items on the phone or MMC/SD Card.

Posted

asteroids, defender, bowling, compass, blackjack and pinball work fine for me

Where did you get those from :?:

Posted

managed to get hold of a zip file containing 257 nokia 6100 - 7210 - 7250 midlets that im in the process of testing :)

Posted

tried it and they dont work! SIEMENS AND NOKIA midlets dont seem to work. think they have their own type of java code. midp is what motorola accompli uses and they work ie asteroids, dopewars etc

Posted

managed to get hold of a zip file containing 257 nokia 6100 - 7210 - 7250 midlets that im in the process of testing :)

would you kindly, at least, share 'em??

Posted

sure, but as its near 10mb it wont post so let me know your email address (so long as you can except 10mb files and ill post it to ya

Posted

Well .. I finally got it working!! ICQ - java version.

Version beta5 of mobicq works! (get it here: http://www.mobicq.org )

Remember to add the line to security.policy (check one of the first posts in this thread)

Posted

I have NO problems at all running the javaman app and the MIDP-AMS app from my SD card. Just install them to your phone first, move both apps to the SD and create a shortcut for javaman only in the start menu. That's it, javaman runs, reads the midlets and can open them in the MIDP-AMS.

My only problem is that somehow, the midlet cannot store data permanently....

Posted

Unfortunately both sites (Mitac download and the other link posted) have taken down the APCD-v20.zip file :)

Has anyone got Java working on their QTEK 7070?

Posted

WTF is a "tar.gz" file and how on earth do i use it !!!

Posted

It's a compression format. WinRAR (google for it) can decompress them i believe.

Posted

For anyone hunting the mitac java files use armadillo and do a search for mitac. there's a few versions of it available on there.

Posted

Edit

Post removed, thankyou :)

Posted

What got removed ???

Posted

I removed my query if sending the Java files to other people was illegal and if it wasn't I asked if someone could send them to me.

I removed the post to avoid receiving the same files over and over again :)

Posted

oh...... thx

Posted

looks like I may be too late :?: :cry:

Anybody know where I can find these Java files required to enable Java on my SPV?

I have looked everywhere I can think of....

Edit>>: Nevermind... Thanks!

Posted

Edit : requests for mitac removed, see my post below.

Will

Posted

Edit : requests for mitac downloads removed, see my post below

Will

Posted

The mitac software is copyrighted, and only for download from mitac, requests for emails/download links will be removed.

When mitac had it available for public download this was tolerated, but now you have to submit an imei and serial number to obtain it.

Will

Posted

I have a mio 8380 but how can i do to have the java runtime?...