Midlets that DO work with the MiTAC Java Runtime!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gladel

not just any midlet, but rather the one's designed for nokia 7650. its because of the screen size and the 7650 is the only closest match with the smartphone's resolution.

Guest arnebret

Just installed virca, works fine. It's a bit useless as a send client for irc, as the menu's are unhandy and there is a seperate writing box. But, it does work.

The thing is: you need to install both java cab files on the PHONE to work. If this cannot be altered i think not many ppl will use java on their spv. It will eat up all RAM memory... or am i overlooking something?

Guest agent.m

tried it and they dont work! SIEMENS AND NOKIA midlets dont seem to work. think they have their own type of java code. midp is what motorola accompli uses and they work ie asteroids, dopewars etc

Guest gladel
managed to get hold of a zip file containing 257 nokia 6100 - 7210 - 7250 midlets that im in the process of testing :)

would you kindly, at least, share 'em??

Guest arnebret

I have NO problems at all running the javaman app and the MIDP-AMS app from my SD card. Just install them to your phone first, move both apps to the SD and create a shortcut for javaman only in the start menu. That's it, javaman runs, reads the midlets and can open them in the MIDP-AMS.

My only problem is that somehow, the midlet cannot store data permanently....

Unfortunately both sites (Mitac download and the other link posted) have taken down the APCD-v20.zip file :)

Has anyone got Java working on their QTEK 7070?

I removed my query if sending the Java files to other people was illegal and if it wasn't I asked if someone could send them to me.

I removed the post to avoid receiving the same files over and over again :)

looks like I may be too late :?: :cry:

Anybody know where I can find these Java files required to enable Java on my SPV?

I have looked everywhere I can think of....

Edit>>: Nevermind... Thanks!

The mitac software is copyrighted, and only for download from mitac, requests for emails/download links will be removed.

When mitac had it available for public download this was tolerated, but now you have to submit an imei and serial number to obtain it.

Will