Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest spv_dman

This has been posted within this forum. Now, I'm trying out this new Qtek ROM myself. And it looks impressive.

Some things I did and my findings:

1. Upgraded from SAP 1.3.7.8 to Qtek 1.50.9.1 - successful

However, It automatically erased my IPSM!

2. Downgraded back to SAP 1.3.7.8 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful

3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.

4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.

5. Works with uncertified applications.

6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).

7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".

8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.

9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.

10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 1.3.7.8. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.

11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings.

Finally, you can download the ROM here:

http://www.qtek.nu/files/Qtek150.zip

Other infos:

Canary & Diag

1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)

Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)

Radio Version 1.35.10

Operator & Manu 1.50.9.1

Lang 1.50.9.1 (with T9)

Eng

Deutsch

French

Italiano

IA Album 1.6 build(12107)

SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)

:) :o :P

Guest dinoalbert

hey thats good to hear! An upgrade that wont unlock your phone! :)

Anyway, that MMS Setup in Accessories has been there even with the older versions. Tell me, were you able to succesfully configure back your GPRS/MMS settings for Smart?

Is there something new with the IA album (can open specific folders) ?

So, no bugs/problems found yet?

And btw, can you post the url of that Qtek Rom upgrade?

Thanks!

Guest spv_dman

Yup! I was able to reconfigure GPRS and MMS setting, both works fine. Other things I've noticed:

1. Cool "Qtek 7070 Smartphone" blue startup logo.

2. "STK Service" now has an exit.

Though I didn't had any problem with the new ROM just a warning, upgrade at your own risk!

Guest dinoalbert
1. Cool "Qtek 7070 Smartphone" blue startup logo.  

2. "STK Service" now has an exit.

WOW thats nice! Please if you find any problems, do keep us informed here. I will give it a week more before giving it a shot :)

I just want to know if anyone tried to upgrade a sim-LOCKED SAP to this Qtek7070 rom, then successfully unlocked it? My SAP is still locked with Smart...I was wondering if I could still unlock it after upgrading to Qtek rom :roll:

Guest spv_dman

No major problem so far. However, USB connect is missing at startup, you have to replug the USB cable attached to your phone coz it won't activesync at startup. Or you can copy the shortcut back to the startup folder.

About your question with IA Album, it still can't open specific folder. You can only select to which default location you want to scan for pictures: My Documents, Temporary Folders, Mail Attachments, Storage Card or All Folders.

dinoalbert, I suggest you try it out now. I don't see any problem that will ruin your day. Just backup your important files coz it will erase your IPSM. :)

Guest dinoalbert

hmmm..dont tempt me, man! not yet! :)

well, maybe after I send my SAP to Brightpoint for my fre keypad replacement. I dont want to send an unlocked phone. I was thinking, you said this ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My SAP is still locked. Does it mean that when I upgrade with Qtek rom, it will automatically unlock my SAP? :shock:

btw, when you said there's this new startup logo, do you mean, the "Smart Simply Amazing" startup is now gone? :?:

Thanks again!

Guest spv_dman

By the looks of it, there are no restrictions. I'm speculating that since Qtek is a handset manufacturer like Nokia (correct me if I'm wrong), it won't lock the phone to any network (marketing issue here). And yes, if you're going to upgrade to Qtek ROM, most probably it will sim unlock your phone. Network locks / openlines are triggered by these ROMS.

The not so cool "SMART Simply Amazing logo" is gone! 8)

Guest Chuckster

Tried downlaoding the file from Qtek. Couldn't do the update though. I get an Error 117: Invalid Model. Is there a special procedure for installing the update?

Guest spv_dman

Try upgrading in the tricolor canary screen. You can go there by shutting down your phone then booting up by holding down REC + POWER ON button. Then perform the installlation again.

Guest spv_dman

Yeah. A bit faster. The menu responds quicker than the previous one installed on my phone. I haven't compared this with 1.50.28 of Smart since I'm upgrading from 1.3.7.8.

Guest smartrey

I will let you know also my observation once I change my ROM to QTEK, I just waiting for my extra SD to be use for my .98 bootloader. I already tried the Smart ROM 1.37 then to 1.50 then back to 1.37, I noticed that ROM 1.50 is better that ROM 1.37 but the dis-advantage is that you cannot unlock Rom1.50. I will post all the observation that i will gather from changing my ROM to Qtek.

Guest mariolouis

@dinoalbert

just upgrade to version 1.50 when you will need to lock your phone again. brightpoint won't notice it anyway.

@spv_dman

how about the camera (still photos/video)? do you notice any difference? like faster refresh perhaps?

Guest jabonga

spv_dman,

are you sure that it will not network lock the fon after the upgrade? cos im using globe on my sap. tnx. and btw i have 0.98 canary how can i upgrade my sap? tnx

Guest spv_dman

I can't guarantee. All are just speculations at this point that the upgrade will not simlock the SAP. I'm guessing that it will even open line a simlocked phone. I don't have a globe sim to try this out. I suggest you wait for the experts to give it a shot first and wait for the results.

Guest martin
are you sure that it will not network lock the fon after the upgrade? cos im using globe on my sap. tnx. and btw i have 0.98 canary how can i upgrade my sap? tnx

It is worth mentioning that it might be a good idea to run SPVunlock and also backup the 0.98 bootloader on a spare SD card using USBterm before upgrading to the 1.5 software. Then if the phone does becomes network locked again then you should be able to unlock it.

Has anyone tried restoring a USBterm saved 0.98 bootloader to 1.5 yet ?

Guest spv_dman
Just finished upgrading my phone. Finally god rid of the smart amazing startup. And YES it does still work with Globe.

Well this answers the question of many. I'm assuming that you've unlocked your phone prior to upgrade. I'm eager though to find out if it unlock a previously simlocked sap.