MIO 8380, help plz...

Guest bluedrizzle

Guest bluedrizzle

well i've got few question feel want to ask...

1_ is it sell in Malaysia now? how much is it now?

2_ is it worth to buy? becoz i heard it have alot of bugs, have it fixed?

3_ does this phone have T9? i've seen from some website it said it have no T9...

4_ is this product reliable?

5_ is the customer service good?

6_ do you know if there's 8390 coming out? if so mind ya show me the picture plz?

thanks..

Guest nickcornaglia
well i've got few question feel want to ask...

1_ is it sell in Malaysia now? how much is it now?

2_ is it worth to buy? becoz i heard it have alot of bugs, have it fixed?

3_ does this phone have T9? i've seen from some website it said it have no T9...

4_ is this product reliable?

5_ is the customer service good?

6_ do you know if there's 8390 coming out? if so mind ya show me the picture plz?

thanks..

1) I don't know...but you can buy directly from Hong Kong as the phone is SIM Unlocked.

2) Some Bugs but well worth buying. When the phone hits the UK and many members here...they'll be ironed out fast.

3) Yes it has T9

4) As reliable as MS Smartphones get.

5) I bought mine thru ebay. I don't know anyone personally who had to deal with a Carrier that distributes Mitacs because I don't speak chineese. So I have NO customer service to get frustrated by.

6) Search this site for the 8390...there's a picture here somewhere.

;) Welcome to the site.

Guest bluedrizzle

here's some bad point i heard from some website review...tell me if it was true

- The phone could operate a little bit more than one day in case of 15 minutes of talking (Beeline, Moscow) and up to 45 minutes of using other functions. When you talk more (for example, one hour a day), the battery life lasts only half a day and you need to charge a phone to prolong it

-When battery has about 10%-20% power, it's almost imposible to use the phone, it react too slowly to all commands

- volume of the loudspeaker is not high, the sound is heard only in a quiet rooms, outside you’ll definitely miss it. Metallic sounds are heard in the melodies too. Compared to 40-tones polyphony of usual Korean manufacturers, this smartphone loses greatly. We can say that the realization of this polyphony is middling; it’s tunefulness if driver from Microsoft is used, if a ringtone is played back by a program from MiTAC, it sounds much better

- It’s not possible to create own folder here. It’s very disappointing because you have a mixture of messages in this folder

-Quality of photos is not bad in different conditions. The worst pictures are in the dark, they are blurred and contain noise

i wonder if the phone battery life is that worst, which mean i cant really heard more than 60 mins of mp3 song in the phone? and if all the bad point i mention is true?

here's some bad point i heard from some website review...tell me if it was true

- The phone could operate a little bit more than one day in case of 15 minutes of talking (Beeline, Moscow) and up to 45 minutes of using other functions. When you talk more (for example, one hour a day), the battery life lasts only half a day and you need to charge a phone to prolong it

-When battery has about 10%-20% power, it's almost imposible to use the phone, it react too slowly to all commands

- volume of the loudspeaker is not high, the sound is heard only in a quiet rooms, outside you’ll definitely miss it. Metallic sounds are heard in the melodies too. Compared to 40-tones polyphony of usual Korean manufacturers, this smartphone loses greatly. We can say that the realization of this polyphony is middling; it’s tunefulness if driver from Microsoft is used, if a ringtone is played back by a program from MiTAC, it sounds much better

- It’s not possible to create own folder here. It’s very disappointing because you have a mixture of messages in this folder

-Quality of photos is not bad in different conditions. The worst pictures are in the dark, they are blurred and contain noise

i wonder if the phone battery life is that worst, which mean i cant really heard more than 60 mins of mp3 song in the phone? and if all the bad point i mention is true?

Well perhaps I can help based on my own experience

- I think the individual who is talking about this short battery life either has a bad battery or has not charged it properly. I currently get about 2 days charged down to about 10%. During this time I will have a number of phone calls (albeit not for a half hour at a time) and download some items from the web (usually updating mctraveller or checking emails). I don't listen to music on the Mitac so can't tell you what the drain is like. One thing that will suck down the battery is repeating alarms...so keep them short in duration. If you just are using it as a phone the standby time is pretty much as advertised by Mitac.

- I am not sure what loudspeaker they are comparing to. I find the Mitac not quite as loud as the p800 but is definitely OK for most uses. I used it the other day talking to a help desk while wandering around my home office sorting out connection issues and it worked fine...no complaints from the other end either.

- the tinny sound is sometimes an issue with some ringtones. Definitely the Mitac ringtone program is 100% better than the standard MS program. I notice it is not the same for all tones so am suspicious it has to do with sampling or some other thing to do with the quality of the tone.

- in terms of the phone locking up at low battery...not the case in my experience. I recognized no different behavior and actually was browsing with it at 8% battery level the other day. The main issue is with the number of programs running in the background. It is always a good idea to use taskmanager or some other program to occassionally shutdown programs you are not using that are taking up valuable resources. The occassionally reboot helps as well.

Guest bluedrizzle

so overall u're satisfied with whole the phone? o u still have something that feel it need improve o wat? wat about the application thing and all? and how much u bought for it?

Guest nickcornaglia

The phone is really a great phone. If you see other posts by me...you'll know I'm a big fan.

The application unlocking ROM is well needed and very easy to do. Just get the phone already, you won't be disappointed! ;)

Guest bluedrizzle

wat about the 8390 if compared to the 8380? isnt the 8390 is much betta...becoz it's thinner and lighter, even have bt and better camera rite? what do u think?

Guest nickcornaglia

I think the 8380 is better because it's real. The only think available with the 8390 is ONE picture of it floating around the internet.

If you think that way....wait for the 8400....that one is really going to kick butt! And the 8410 is going to knock everyone's socks off! ;)

Guest bluedrizzle

yeah..quite true...but i'm scaring another problem rite now, which is it will never popular in my country, which will make the seller scare to order the phone and sooner the Mitac will not available selling in my country...sigh... even the little LG mobile is already an example which not really popular in our country and not really selling in my country...

it hv come to malaysian shore. cost around 1990. i just bought it. previously i m using ipq3970+t68i but since i bought 8380, i hv forgotten

where it put my ipaq/t68i. used it almost 2weeks, and yet to encountered the hang problem. so far, i can say that i m happy with my purchase of 8380. Some says its bulky, but it serve my purpose of having it. i used it for internet surfing..msn mesenger... listen to music.. if its smaller that this,i guess i might strained my eyes looking at the small font.

Guest bluedrizzle

so how u feel about their ringtone? i heard some of the ppl say it got the sounds of explosion once they bought the phone, and they just return it to the seller... u mean it hang sometimes? so how's the battery life, how long will it last, since u use it for listen music and all..? and where u buy it from?

Guest bluedrizzle

so u're no regret on buying it? becoz i going to buy one too...i scare alot of problem happens...since i see from another taiwan's forum, they got alot of problem rather than satisfication...o maybe i will wait until 8390 out since it's already unveiled... and i heard there's another third model will come out by the end of year.. watever...tell me ur thought, i would like to heard... thanks very much ;)