NEW!!ROM UPGRADE version 1.6.0.08 SmartPhone available

Guest virgil

Guest virgil

:idea: :idea: Hey guys!!!

:idea: :idea: SMART has released the newest ROM Upgrade in their website!!! :!: :!: :!:

CHeck this out!!!! :!: :!:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL :!: :!: :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :( :( ;) :D :lol: :lol:

Upgrading your Smart Phone to the new ROM version 1.6.0.08

The latest SMART Amazing Phone software upgrade will provide you with the following benefits:

20 to 30% Extended battery life

Action Engine Softwares:

Amazing Explorer:

o Smart Online

o Establishment Finder

o SSS Online

Amazing Store

Smart Secure

(Check back regularly for more information on these great new features!)

Requirements:

 Windows 98 / 2000 / XP

 ActiveSync 3.6

 USB Cable or Cradle

 Available phone storage: 3MB  Power Cable

 Upgrade Software

 Winzip Software

 Backup your device

Procedure:

1. Before doing any upgrade on the phone, Make sure that you have a backup of your personal phone information such as Contacts, Calendars, Messages, Tasks, etc. Backup can either be done via ActiveSync or by using the Action Backup utility on the phone.

2. This ROM upgrade should be done only on phones that have a current software version of 1.6.0.07 or lower. To check the version, Click Programs / Settings / About to see which ROM update is currently installed in your handset..

3. Download the upgrade software and save the file on your computer in your preferred location. CLICK HERE to download software.

4. Make sure that your SMART Amazing Phone is turned on and properly connected to the USB cable or cradle

5. Your USB cable or cradle should be properly connected to your PC.

6. The Power cable should be connected properly to your USB cradle or cable and plugged in to a power source.

7. Be sure to synchronize your SMART Amazing Phone with your PC via ActiveSync before performing the installation.

8. Unzip the upgrade software in the preferred folder on your PC and double click the executable file (.exe). Follow the instruction within the program to guide you through this process.

9. Disregard any instructions on the phone, such as, "Press any key to enter boot loader". Let the application go through the process in upgrading your phone. This upgrade process should take roughly 20 minutes.

10. Once you are done with the upgrade, remove the battery, afterwards replace the battery and perform a Hard reset on the phone.

11. Hard resetting your phone will remove all separately installed third-party applications and phone info such as contacts, messages, calendar entries, etc. This is done to ensure configurations on the new ROM will properly be put into place. A hard reset will also help eliminate unused data, which may be inhibiting the performance of your Phone

Hard reset steps:

A. Press and hold record button then press power button until “press any key to enter bootloader” appears, then press and hold Action key about two seconds to enter Erase IPSM screen.

B. Select or press “8” to Erase IPSM.

C. After IPSM erase is finished, you will see “passed” message appears. Remove battery, wait for 30 seconds before re-attaching it. Your phone has now been reset.

12. Turn on the phone. Initial boot of the phone will take slightly longer than usual. Auto configuration will take place upon entering windows, let it complete then press Ok to restart the phone.

13. The phone will boot normally, Check if your phone was upgraded to a higher version, click Programs / Settings / About. Your phone should have the Radio Version 1.31.20, ROM version 1.6.0.08

14. Restore your personal phone information on the newly upgraded handset from your backup files. For ActiveSync simply synchronize your phone with your PC. For Action Backup, Use the new Smart Secure utility to restore all your info back to your phone.

15. Congratulations you are done!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

AFAIK this upgrade is useful!!!!

:(

HAPPY UPGRADING!!!!! :!: :!: :!:

:shock:

Guest virgil
@virgil

Have you tried the upgrade?

yes.

It seems that there were additional programs like AMAZING Explorer,Amazing Store,Smart Secure....

Seems cool for me....

Guest chibako
@chibako

i think that's the one with the bootloader 1.09... wanna try it? ;)

:shock: no thanks! maybe in the near future if somebody already finds a way to downgrade the bootloader "easily" I had my experiences with the smart 1.50, i think that's enough for me :D

masaya nako sa Qtek ROM for the moment! hope somebody could give feedbacks regarding this new ROM of smart...

Guest dinoalbert

I guess this ROM is sim-locked and if the previous rom 1.5 is difficult to unlock, this one will definitely be a whole lot more difficult ;)

It seems that there were additional programs like AMAZING Explorer,Amazing Store,Smart Secure....

As I see it, there's nothing much REALLY new on this rom...I could be wrong though. I guess I will stick with the Qtek parin :D

The Amazing Explorer is probably like Smart Explorer (?) and Amazing Store is like the previous Backup and Restore app (?)

So what is this Smart Secure?

Questions: With this new rom, can you now store ringtones in the SD card? Can you "delete all sms" from the Inbox/Sent folders without using another app? Can the startup and shutdown screen be customized?

20% -30% extended battery life.....is this proven and tested?

Guest JDimeRolla10
Yea, is it now SIM Unlock?

Oh, and any screenshots of the new featz and menus please?

The Smart ROM 1.6 Version is SIM Locked to Smart Communications.

Guest dinoalbert
but if your SPV is http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock before, it will stay forever, isn't it so ?

With the Qtek or iMate roms, yes this is possible. BUT with the Smart roms, its not. When the Smart rom 1.5 was first released, those who have their phone previously unlocked was locked AGAIN to Smart after upgrading with the 1.5 rom. So definitely this newer 1.6 rom, just like the previous 1.5 rom, will lock again those previously unlocked phones (tama ba?)

Guest virgil

So its SIM lock--what gives---im surely dont want to use other SIM for my SAP....tweaks are still possible--apps loading are still ok---linked to bootloader 1.09,Option 8 (Erase IPSM) only. in Tri color Canary Diag.---the new ROM looks promising at least--- maybe the OEM & ODM of Smartphone just plainly improve the memory but not the programs/applications....

Guest grifter
its all up to you---no one is discouraging you nor encouraging someone--but the way i see it --an upgrade of some sort improves something on any device---PC, Mobile Phones, food etc...  ;)  :D

And also introduces some new bugs. :lol:

Guest rodnav

@virgil,

i'm doing the update now.

wish me lu

don't know why i'm doing it. had to pass through 1.3.7 to do it! maybe it's because nakainom na ako!

well

que sera sera!

Guest rodnav

@*

well,

here's a run down of what i've found on Smart's 1.6 ROM!

this Amazing Explorer is worthless, it's not a file explorer, it's just a program used in connecting to some services such as SSS services, using up GPRS, increasing cost. i repeat, it's not a file explorer!!!

Amazing Store, nothing but the Action Engine!

Smart Secure, nothing but Action Backup!

the ROM doesn't recognize WAV file stored in SD card, so you can't use those in the storage card as ringtones or message alert tone! probably the same thing with homescreens!

IA album, same version as in the various 1.5 ROMs, smart, Imate, Qtek and Eurotel. It's the SAME, nothing new, no faster camera refresh rate, no night shot!

The STK service has no exit button unlike in the Imate and Qtek ROM!

The ROM upgrade erased my IPSM even when i didn't do a hard reset as it was stated in Smart webpage!

Darn!, even the SMS character counter doesn't work with a contact, only when ](*,) you enter numbers!

the task doesn't display the complete message as it does in the Imate ROM! ROM!!!!!

Well, i can't say anything about the battery life! (YET!!!)

GPRS works fine though (darn big deal, so WHAT!!!! {give me back my IMATE!})

The menus are fast! (Who cares!!!!)

Notes is now Voice notes (i don't care!!!)

Where's my airplane mode!!? it's now radio off again! this phone never had an FM... or AM... or Shortwave.... radio in the firstplace.

new Sim manager version (1.19.06) yip yip hurray! (dumb!)

they didn't even update the web links in the favorites, slackers!!!!!

no CSD settings (well i never used it myself.... but why not include it!!)

it's still app unlock.... :shock: :x :evil:

And the verdict is.... to all pinoy members PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ROM TO THE LATEST AND GREATEST SMART ROM. I PROMISE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT (not!).......

well, ladies and gentlemen.... that's all i can say about Smart's 1.6 ROM... it's been a pleasure... and now i'm off to the other thread.... HOW TO GET RID OF THIS STUPID downgrade (eeer... upgrade pala)...ummmm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o #-o

@ virgil

thank you very much.... you've made my phone complete.... It's not AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

it's nothing personal dude. just venting some anger... and of course not to you personally. enjoy your smart 1.6 rom. as for me, i'm getting rid of it as soon as a way is available. will even buy the hardware needed for it.

*censored by midnight - watch the language please