NEW!!ROM UPGRADE version 1.6.0.08 SmartPhone available

Guest virgil

Guest matanglawin

:shock:

@rodnav

puso mo pre...

8-[ (i suggest that you edit the "badwords" a.s.a.p. before the moderators do something about it)

i guess i'll just stick to my 1.3.7.8 [-X ...it's amazing enough for me :!:

Guest dinoalbert

@rodnav

galing ka pa nga sa eb LOL

sabi ko na nga ba wala pa ring kwenta ang Smart rom upgrade LOL.....dun pa lang sa post n virgil masasabi ko na eh hehe

biruin mo nga naman...latest rom pero maraming kulang na feature compared sa mga lumang rom.... kaya ako stick parin ako sa Qtek ;)

rodnav, PM mo si Florin baka alam nya paano tanggalin yang 1.60 rom mo :D

doh, I managed to corrupt my bootloader in a very original way while making a trivial update, and now I cannot enter the bootloader menu anymore :shock: I hope it's possible to reflash it from CE ... no wdata tests for me until I fixed it sorry :?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
... and now i'm off to the other thread.... HOW TO GET RID OF THIS F**KING downgrade  (eeer... upgrade pala)...ummmm

sorry, wala pang ganito sa How To Repository. ;) hayaan mo, may makakapag document din nyan. :wink:

Thanks Rodnav for your amazing review... i was suppose to do the upgrade last night but were too tired and went to sleep... i'm about to do the upgrade when i read your review and now decided not to apply anymore... i'll stick to my qtek rom for the mean time... ;) :D :lol:

Guest Drug_Store

Hi,

I´m using SPV with Qtek 1.5 (Cannary 1.07) Rom, but I can´t upgrade...

Always say, that was not possible to identify my smartphone.

Tried with Orange 1.5 (Cannary 0.99) also the same, and trying now with Imate.

Does I need to downgrade to 1.35 or something like it to be able to upgrade?

Please really needing an helping hand.

Thanks

Guest chibako

@ rodnav,

ok ka lang ba pre? tanggal ba amats mo? ](*,) hehehe! you're the living proof that the new smart ROM is completely useless :evil:

Good luck! ;)

well let's just hope that Florin can make find a way to get rid of this "amazing new ROM from smart"!

I'll stick with my Qtek ROM... have my experiences with smart... I think that should be enough for me :wink:

Guest mlkanapi
doh, I managed to corrupt my bootloader in a very original way while making a trivial update, and now I cannot enter the bootloader menu anymore  :shock: I hope it's possible to reflash it from CE ... no wdata tests for me until I fixed it sorry  :?

Oh oh, You might be another 'dead set' member...

Does your phone still show if it is charging if you attach the charger? I know that if it doesn't, the motherboard might have been left without a working bootloader and will have to be replaced.

Keep us updated on what happens to your phone :!:

@drug_store

you have to downgrade to sap 1.37 first before you can apply the new sap upgrade...

@arisme

somehow i managed to corrupt my bootloader before also.. i cannot enter the canary screen either.. what i did is re-flash my bootloader save in my sd... after that, i was able to go to the canary screen and apply the qtek upgrade.. ;)

Guest Drug_Store
@drug_store

you have to downgrade to sap 1.37 first before you can apply the new sap upgrade...

Yeah I read that already and done it, but always same error. Cannot identify your Smartphone....

So please can u be more specific?

Thanks

Guest mar9118

Yeah I read that already and done it, but always same error. Cannot identify your Smartphone....

So please can u be more specific?

Thanks

You have to apply the ROM update in the bootloader mode (Canary screen)....try it :wink:

no, the phone works perfectly, it's just this specific part of the bootloader which got toasted (was almost lucky ;)) - Windows itself is OK

@elr I don't understand how you could reflash the bootloader if you can't go to the canary screen anymore (I mean when I press record+power the charging led goes blank but nothing else happens, and the USB connection stays dead)

but I'll have a look at the clearJumpCode stuff because it manages to upgrade the ROM from CE somehow

I have a bootloader in my sd card. when you turn on the phone (turning on while holding the record buttton) and the BL card is inserted, it will ask you if you want to load the BL in the card to your phone...

I upgraded mine also. I agree, nothing new in the applications, its the old stuff which was repackage except the amazing explorer which is in effect an online service. Just visited smart tower and asked how it works, the feature will be launched anytime this month but the service is not yet active.

As for speed, it is noticably faster. Battery life ? As of this writing, I still have 2 bars in my meter, though normally, I should be charging by this time (my routine before I leave the office).

All third party application is still running. The tweaks are working, smart tones is working and so forth.

Got a SPV E100 here in Denmark. I tried to upgrade the ROM from SMART website to "v1.6.0.08". It didnt work for me. I got this error message right after i click on the exe file:

"ERROR 117:INVALID MODEL ID

Your SmartPhone model must be SmartPhone and beyond. Please check the vender web site and download a compatible SmartPhone software update utility."

Any suggestion?

Got a SPV E100 here in Denmark. I tried to upgrade the ROM from SMART website to "v1.6.0.08". It didnt work for me. I got this error message right after i click on the exe file:

Your SmartPhone model must be SmartPhone and beyond. Please check the vender web site and download a compatible SmartPhone software update utility."

Any suggestion?

Got a SPV E100 here in Denmark. I tried to upgrade the ROM from SMART to "v1.6.0.08"

It didnt work for me. I got this error message while right after i click on the exe file:

Any suggestion?

:idea:  :idea: Hey guys!!! 

:idea:  :idea: SMART has released the newest ROM Upgrade in their website!!! :!:  :!:  :!: 

CHeck this out!!!! :!:  :!: 

GOOD LUCK TO ALL :!:  :!:  :!: 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D  :(  :(  ;)  :D  :lol:  :lol: 

Upgrading your Smart Phone to the new ROM version 1.6.0.08

The latest SMART Amazing Phone software upgrade will provide you with the following benefits:

20 to 30% Extended battery life

Action Engine Softwares:

Amazing Explorer:

o Smart Online 

o Establishment Finder

o SSS Online

Amazing Store

Smart Secure

(Check back regularly for more information on these great new features!)

Requirements: 

      Windows 98 / 2000 / XP

      ActiveSync 3.6

      USB Cable or Cradle

      Available phone storage: 3MB       Power Cable

      Upgrade Software 

      Winzip Software

      Backup your device

Procedure:

1. Before doing any upgrade on the phone, Make sure that you have a backup of your personal phone information such as Contacts, Calendars, Messages, Tasks, etc. Backup can either be done via ActiveSync or by using the Action Backup utility on the phone. 

2. This ROM upgrade should be done only on phones that have a current software version of 1.6.0.07 or lower. To check the version, Click Programs / Settings / About to see which ROM update is currently installed in your handset..

3. Download the upgrade software and save the file on your computer in your preferred location. CLICK HERE to download software.

4. Make sure that your SMART Amazing Phone is turned on and properly connected to the USB cable or cradle

5. Your USB cable or cradle should be properly connected to your PC. 

6. The Power cable should be connected properly to your USB cradle or cable and plugged in to a power source.

7. Be sure to synchronize your SMART Amazing Phone with your PC via ActiveSync before performing the installation.

8. Unzip the upgrade software in the preferred folder on your PC and double click the executable file (.exe).  Follow the instruction within the program to guide you through this process.

9. Disregard any instructions on the phone, such as, "Press any key to enter boot loader". Let the application go through the process in upgrading your phone. This upgrade process should take roughly 20 minutes.

10. Once you are done with the upgrade, remove the battery, afterwards replace the battery and perform a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset on the phone. 

11. Hard resetting your phone will remove all separately installed third-party applications and phone info such as contacts, messages, calendar entries, etc. This is done to ensure configurations on the new ROM will properly be put into place.  A http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset will also help eliminate unused data, which may be inhibiting the performance of your Phone

http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset steps:

A. Press and hold record button then press power button until “press any key to enter bootloader” appears, then press and hold Action key about two seconds to enter Erase IPSM screen.

B.  Select or press “8” to Erase IPSM.

C. After IPSM erase is finished, you will see “passed” message appears. Remove battery, wait for 30 seconds before re-attaching it.  Your phone has now been reset.

12. Turn on the phone. Initial boot of the phone will take slightly longer than usual. Auto configuration will take place upon entering windows, let it complete then press Ok to restart the phone.

13. The phone will boot normally, Check if your phone was upgraded to a higher version, click Programs / Settings / About.  Your phone should have the Radio Version 1.31.20, ROM version 1.6.0.08

14. Restore your personal phone information on the newly upgraded handset from your backup files.  For ActiveSync simply synchronize your phone with your PC. For Action Backup, Use the new Smart Secure utility to restore all your info back to your phone.

15. Congratulations you are done!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

AFAIK this upgrade is useful!!!!

:( 

HAPPY UPGRADING!!!!! :!:  :!:  :!: 

:shock:

@anja

did an upgrade too and somewhere along the way :roll: :oops: all went wrong

the upgrade stop at 72% and at the 4th try nothing works anymore when i reboot the tri color canary mode appear

had to go to the service center to had all IPSM rom 1.5 baack again and what a relief :roll: ;)

Guest sweetyls

hmmm... so does this mean that since i'm stuck with a 1.50 rom anyway, i'd better try the upgrade? and since the upgrade promises longer battery life, what have i got to lose? or should i stick with my 1.50 rom, downgrade, then Qtek...? ;)

Guest runab0ut

wow... nice review rodnav!

mebbe i'll start sticking with 1.5 now... or migrate it to the Qtek rom. :D

anyway... here are some q's:

battery life? can it send failed messages? other nitpicks on using the "latest upgrade (downgrade or sidegrade)"? ;)

Guest Drug_Store

Please guys, can someone give me some help.

I tried to upgrade from many ROM´s. Imate 1.5, Qtek 1.5, Orange 1.5, SAP 1.37 even Orange 1.35, but always same error.

"Error 116 Cannot Identify your Smartphone"

For now I stayed in SAP 1.37 until someone help me out...

Please any help is welcome.

Thanks