• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
midnight

Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

124 posts in this topic

Not where I'm from! :D

yah, youre right too :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am a new MPX200 owner. I have been with ATTWS for years but after running out of my measely 1 mb data allotment in a few days with this phone I am switching to T-mobile. This site is a wealth of info and has given me the inspiration to switch to unlimited data and more voice minutes for less. I have my unlock code and I am waiting for my T-mobile sim to arrive on Friday. Hopefully all will go well and after at least 5 years with ATT, I will make the switch. Why doesn't ATT get that with the capability of these phonnes you cannot charge an arm and a leg for the internet service. Bye Bye ATTWS. :lol:

Well my T-mobile sim card came. All is working well, internet connectiion is great. I have not tried to use the phone as amodem yet - that is next.

12/9 update

Well I followed the Motorola Guide on using the phone modem feature along with the advise from mpx200.org on the initialization string and my phone worked great as a modem on T-Mobile. I got my company VPN as well as https sites. Excellent. As long as I have G access I am in business with this phone.

Also requested my attws number be transferred today to T-mobile. We shall se how long that takes. This phone is great for my use. Choice is good.

Awesome! I'm in the DC metro area (US) and been using a SPVx since early this summer. Thanks!

And geez, what I'd give for a good philly cheese steak right now!!! :lol:

OK

Where can you get the best Philly in the US? Name your place. East - West, but it has to be the best.

OK

Where can you get the best Philly in the US? Name your place. East - West, but it has to be the best.

The best Philadelphia (Philly) CheeseSteak?

Ummmm...that would be in South Philadelphia.

Don't let the tourist places like Pat's and Geno's fool you into thinking they're representative of a good cheesesteak.

Two of my favorites is Tony Luke's on Oregon Ave and Jim's on South Street. :)

/me likes south street

/me also hates philly

/me had his car broken into last month

/me had his pocket pc, bluetooth gps, piel frama case, and stereo system in the car (hu, amp, subs, etc)

I guess the /me stuff doesnt work when Im not on irc :)

edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Hello forum, and thanks for all the great information. I just bought my mpx 200 and love it. I have several different types of phones but like this one the best. I look forward to getting and sharing information.

edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = /you !

:)

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

/you

How can the contacts gets copied from the phone to the SD cards

Hello all.

Just picked up the Motorola MPx200. I'm roped in to ATTWS for a year however :? Love the phone, hate the service. I was holding out for Verizon to offer a better deal on the Samsung i600 but the prices just didn't come down I'm afraid. I didn't realize that T-Moble could support this phone. Oh well, I'll wait a year and switch then.

BR,

Q

One thing to think about with ATTWS is if you use the data service at all you will burn through $200 in no time. Therefore, you may want to run the economics for your use on wether paying the cancellation fee is worth it to get unlimited data for $20 per month from T-Mobile. Also when you sign up for T-Mob you will get a free phone. You may be able to sell it and subsidize some of the cancellation fee. That is the end of my anti-ATTWS rant for the day.

/you

"]

/ you = /you !

P

WHOA??????????

Hmm, interesting.

I wonder why paul was daydreaming about me when he wrote that? what do i have to do with this discussion :)

"]

/ you = /you !

P

whoaaa?

wh

i'm kedar, or at least that's what i've gone by on other forums.

Does anyone know online where I can get an E200 in the US?

Thanks

Hi all, i've had my SPV (original) for a year and still am way behind on the tricks to maximize the capabilities of the phone, I've SIM unlocked the phone to use with T-Mobile but havent updated or APP decerted as of yet cus I don't how, i've read these threads and gone to developer sites but still am lost. First off is there an ROM update for the US for the SPV? I see you can APP decert right from the orange site but they require a ROM greater than 1.3.x.x but i still have the 1.1.6 which is the original. can anyone help if you have the time.

thanks in advance.

well through hours of concern if the update would work in the US, the answer is "Hell Yeah", goto the Orange site and update your SPV to 1.6.x.x even if it's the original ROM 1.1.x.x and you're golden, also after you sucessfully finish then use Orange's App Unlock (Decert) via a short call and VIOLA, app unlocked and you can really take advantage of the coin you dropped on this cool new toy. I've been able to install e.g. smart explorer (signed now), movie viewing software and all kinds of other very sweet apps..

Enjoy

My pone is unlocked and I still have all the welcome screens from my old provider...

I have seen smartTweak but it doesn't work for my mpx200.

Paul [MVP]

Site Founder / Admin

Usergroups:

Everyone, MoDaCo Plus, Moderators - English, Newshounds, Newsletter, Posters

Post subject: Re: Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

/ you = E.T.-FREAK !

P

Paul O'Brien - Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices - MoDaCo Founder / Admin

Whats all this about.

I like my name.

Thanks,

E.T.-FREAK

just a little board feature trick

something like on chat

/ me = !

/ you =?

I am really liking my MPX on T-mobile.

On Tuesday 2/3/04 I received the IMate SP2 ordered in December 2003. I have now had an opportunity to explore many of the supposedly "problematic" features of this phone.

To answer some concerns expressed here and in other fora, the i-mate seems to have all of the promised features of an Otek 8080- ( not too suprising since its the same manufacturer..but one nevers really knows!)

First impressions : feels solid, rugged, light enough to put in pocket without being weighed down.

1- Imate phone is an SP 2K3 - version 4.20.0 (build 13291) Is this the most recent build? and if not -- is it worth upgrading for a newer version and build for that phone?

2- Processor is an ARM OMAP 710 ( so says the About in Settings. Where else can one check both the type and speed of the processor?)

3- Memory ROM = 64Mb; RAM = 32 Mb ( User guide) - Space Maker tells me I have 30.33Mb in Flash Storage. System info in Task Manager also tells me I have 30.33Mb in Flash Storage and 18.51 Mb ( left?) in Total Memory. Aboput in Settings says its: "Available storage: 21.74Mb; Total Storage: 30.33 Mb; Available memory: 6.98 Mb and Total Memory:17.76Mb

4- Bluetooth works flawlessly with an H-65 Sony-Ericsson hands-off headset. Just following the instructions for the SE headset is all it took.

5- My operator T-Mobile was very helpful in giving me the settings for the GPRS ( the APN , and the 2 DSNs ) though they could not guarantee they'd work ( phone not supported , etc.etc). Nevertheless, I now seamlessly go to the Internet with PIE (set up as "column"). Not exactly lightning speed but fast enough, about 48-56K I'd say. (Anyone know how one could check the real speed)

6- MSN Messenger comes back with " service failed because it is not responding (sic) Try again later. Does this mean this is NOT latest build? Agile Messenger work just fine, though!!!

7- Most used software in past 24 hrs : Fizz Monitor; mc TRaveller ; Smart Explorer EN; SP Task Manager EN ; I am also holding onto and using File Manager in the System Management folder.

At this point, I am still discovering what it can do and am Very Satisfied :lol: with the phone's performance.

Looking forward to feedback on some of the questions or to be pointed in the right direction.