• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

124 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi gemtech676

Welcome to the forum :lol:

It's good to see that the i-mate2 is finally available cos I'm tempted to get one myself. Where did you buy yours ?

1 I would say you have HAVE the most up to date software for SP2003 and it will be a little while before imate release an update for it. It's not recommended to use software from a Network service provider as they make changes to suit their own network.

Any problems so far and how is the voice quality ?

2 The most recent write ups are saying that its a TI OMAP 710 @ 132Mhz :D

5 Try this http://www.izaino.com/meter.asp

Not sure how accurate it is though.

6 If you are registered to T-zones with APN (Access Point Name) wap.voicestram.com then you might not have access to use MSN messenger. I'm not sure if any of the T-zones plans give MSN - maybe somebody knows. You probably need the Internet APN's to get unrestricted internet services :(

On Tuesday 2/3/04 I received the IMate SP2
Nope, I'm not jealous - not at all :^o

Posted

You're right, Paul, I am confused. What's this "/ you" all about?

Posted

Martin:

Thanks for the information on the processor speed. I also expected it is thmost recent version of WM for SP03. I have now used the phone a full week and it doesn't leave my side and sight. Given the size it by far the most useful mobile device I ever used. Still discovering itys many features.

One thing is sure though, We will all need a better manual than the one that comes along with the box.

A couple of questions at large:

1- Anyone know how the Speakerphone function works?

2- Remember reading about saving battery power by uninstalling Photo Contacts. Anyone know the reference to instructions on how to do that?

3- Also some reference to "cutting off" a piece of the dummy SD card to avaoid the battery power being drained by it being in the slot..!

Any refreshed memory on these ?

Grateful any help.

The i-MATE SP2 is incredible ..and the T-mobile connections (phone,GPRS, WiFi) make it a pleasure to use. Thanks Expansys.com

Posted

1- Anyone know how the Speakerphone function works?
Just press the and hold the green phone button during the call :lol:

2- Remember reading about saving battery power by uninstalling Photo Contacts. Anyone know the reference to instructions on how to do that?
Does it show under Programs-Settings-Remove Programs ?

Posted

Seems like the Americans continue to take advantage of our British Friends. First we win our independence fighting with underhanded gorilla tactics, than one of our American Companies , Cingular makes a winning bid for ATT while the Brits were sleeping. After the great support for us in Iraq we at least owed the Brits one cell phone company here in the States. Now all kinds of people are going to lose their jobs. Welcome to America.

Posted

hello i was wondering if anyone had any information on whether or not you can get service from a U.S. service provider for an unlocked version of O2 XPhone

Posted

Sure. Just go into TMobile or AT&T and ask for new GSM service using your own phone. They will give you a SIM card that you will just pop into your phone and away you go!

Change your Network selection in settings to PCS Band and the phone will work fine.

Look in the Articles section under GSM/GPRS Settings Repository thread to find the settings for the Carrier you choose.

Enjoy your new Smartphone.

Posted

We Americans need to work against ATT and thier evil no new rom ways. The Mpx200 is a great phone.

Posted

erm havent you read the news? there IS a new rom out!!!

Posted

I hope that someone can help me with this.

I´m having some problems when i want to install .xml files.

This is what hapened qhen i tryed to install "changer sonneries".I copied the files to the phone and when i pressed the action button it gave me this:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Does anyone now what i must do?

I´m getting desperate,there´s a lot of stuff i can´t install.

Tanks

Posted

First...this is NOT the correct thread for this question. Please post future questions in Help and Advice starting a new thread.

Next, you are opening a CAB file. This is not what you are supposed to do.

Copy the whole cab file to the IPSM/WIndows/Start Menu/Accessories folder unsind activesync EXPLORE.

Then on the phone, navigate to Programs, Accessories and run the program you just placed there. It will install on the phone.

Posted

"]

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = /you !

:)

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

just saw this thread... why my name's included here???

Posted

Welcome to our visitors from the USA :) :lol:

Posted

where did this quote come from?

Quote:

edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = kguarnotta !

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Posted

I own a spv 100 From the USA, I want A SPV E200, when the hell are we gonna be able to get it? I'm so anxious for it, been callling my specialty shop here since november... they still have no idea when they'll get it in? any info would be greatly appreciated!

Xtacybyme

Posted

I purchased mine from gsmphonesource.com, They were the cheapest online that I found by using google and froogle. The guy I spoke with also Adam at there site was very quick to respond to my questions. I order it Wed morning and they processed it wed afternoon. At 10:30am est on Thursday morning of last week (Apr 8) I was a very happy and proud owner of a SPV e200 running the latest rom update. I use Tmobile and used some of the seetings I found on this website along with settings from my nokia 3650 and treo600 to get om tzones and gprs. mms is not working right but oh well. I will deal with that later.

xtacybyme try that site to see if it will meet your needs.

Posted

I bought one from ebay.co.uk

$435...brand new including shipping.

Check on there for good deals.

Posted

great ringers, guys. what did you use to create them, or where did you get them?

Wolfbro

Posted

im new in the US, im actually in Elgin, Illinois. i brought my smartphone from the Philippines coz the phone is hot and i wanna keep it. first, please help me unlock it. second, please help me set it to t-mobile, or att. and third please tell me the best network for the phone in my are.

thanks.

Posted

Which smartphone do you have? That will determine how to unlock it.

After unlocking it, you can find AT&T and TMobile Settings in the GPRS Settings Repository in the Articles Forum.

As far as which service is best in your area....you'll have to ask around and research that yourself. If TMobile has good reception there...that would be my choice. But check it out first.

Welcome to the site and feel free to use the SEARCH feature located at the top of the screen to find any answers you may need. :D

Posted

Ive been reading about the success of SPV in the US, and am glad to hear about it. I brought my SPV from the Phils with roaming services from Smart-im network locked by the way. Im in the process of downgrading my phone. Im just wondring, what ROM you guys are using in the US? Orange 1.6,Qtek 1.5, iMate 1.5, or what?Im around the Chicago area. Thanks

Posted

Thanks Encece, Im using SPV e100.

Posted

ROM version 1.6.1.10

I'm in Illinos as well and that is the latest update for U.K. (SPV), from the Orange site, how ever they now only show ROM updates for the SPV E200. I cannot find specific updates for the SPV original.

I've been having a few problems since: At times it seems to reload the OS on it's own, which forces you to resest all your settings. "pain in the butt" and have run across a problem posted before with the phone locking in the "headphone" profile, hope this helped.

Posted

thanks ihoncen,

Where are you in illinois? Are you using SPV e100- cuz thats what Im trying to unlock. PLease help me with my ordeal.

Thanks a lot again.

Posted

I'm in Joliet, south of Chicago but i'm using the SPV Classic, I don't know how different the processes are. I can direct you through the Orange Developers site via e-mail.