• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

124 posts in this topic

Posted

'It's my party and i'll cry if I want to'

Or something to that effect ;-)

P

Posted

haha, o i get it now!!!

had 2 read thru this a few times tho!

/you is so funny

Posted

well...i suddenly realized that i am very popular here..i dont know how i am comlicated to this stuff...i am just reading the posts...nothing else..and by the way for a friend...i am at the states now soo i was reading the posts here to see if someone knows where i can buy the c 500 free....thanks

Posted

/you""

Posted

I get the /you''! it's so funny!!! :)

Posted

Hey guys...looks like you like my uid...its got popular so soon..hmmmmmmmmm...

wonder why....

Posted

I am using my Voq Professional here in the US on T-Mobile and it works great. I have been from the East Coast to the West Coast plus Vancouver BC and the reception is great compared to the MPX200 I had. In addition, Voq actually posts the ROM upgrades right on their site so you can upgrade your phone as the ROMs are advanced. What a novel idea - a manufacturer that trusts the end user to upgrade their phone. The phone is a nicely engineered package. They are being sold through MobilePlanet and Tiger Direct in the US as well as other vendors. Worth a look if you want great features like the Qwerty keypad.

Posted

Nice to see something positive about the voq :)

How often are the updates posted?

May be worth having a voq section if we have enough users.

Posted

Does it still turn off when you press the power button and the keypad is locked?

Strangely, since I reported that bug and returned my pre-prod handset, Voq's PR have gone quiet on me. Not good VOQ!

P

Posted

LOL - just wasted 5 minutes of my live to get behind the funny /you"! crap. - LOL

LOL - I am at work - who cares!

Posted

Paul and Awarner,

So far the Voq has been rock solid for me. I use the A10 model on a daily basis (T-Mobile) and I also have an A11. Pauls observation that you can turn it off with the keypad locked is true. However, I have had this phone for over a month now and have had the keys locked, carry it in my front pant pocket (case is ordered) and shirt pocket and it has not turned off once.

The phone is a big improvement for me from the MPX200. I think the engineering is nice and the shape is actually ergonomic. Many people that see it actually like it and they are intrigued by the Qwerty Thumpad. I am totally hooked having the keypad as I travel and do a lot of emails.

I do not use the EZtype at all. I agree I like T-9 better. But the keypad is very fast once you get use to it.

I think I am also on the VOQ PR blacklist. I did a review of the A11 on MGN before they were released. They contacted me and were very complimentary of the review. Than they got to the real business - where did I get the phone. I have to protect my sources. They said they were putting me on the official demo list - have not heard from them since.

Despite all that, I think this phone will be my favorite for awhile. I am encouraging people at our company to try it out now that it is officially released in the US as an alternative to those god awful Blackberries or Treos.

Posted

I have just ordered my VOQ and hope to have it this monday or tuesday. Bluetooth does not really matter to me. The keyboard is reall what I was after.

Posted

Belated quip (see pp. 1-2), but why would the Danes complain, after all, they got BLUETOOTH named after them! :)

Posted

hellooo

my friend my nick name is webiso what do you say me yes

what that it means

"]

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = /you !

^_^

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

SMSTools.CAB

SmartExplorerEN_2.0.2.CAB

Posted

thank you very much

l worked this forum and l have all programs posted

Hmm don't think so :roll:

Read the past few posts and it explains what is happening, if you type

"/ you" without the space and "" it displays the viewers name.

/you /you /you /you /you /you =/you understand now ^_^

Posted

Just wanted to say Hello to all of the fellow members and say thanks for having a nice community for me to join.

My name is Justin I'm 24 and live in Florida, USA. I just purchased a Audiovox SMT5600 from Amazon.com (-25.01 after rebates) with AT&T as the provider. I'm upgrading from a Nokia 3650 that had T-Mobile as the provider.

I haven't even had my phone 24 hours but so far it's been a very good experience. Hopefully AT&T isn't as bad as what I read about them. I have 30 days to evaluate the phone so we will see if I keep it or do some funny stuff to keep the phone but go back to T-Mobile.

Posted

Welcome to the site Justin :lol:

P

Posted

Hi guys, I live in FL and got an imate sp2 about 2 weeks ago off ebay. So far it's been a nice experience, this being my first smartphone. I have had nokias, SE's, (loooove the p800) and well, I thought a windows phone would be nice :lol: anyway, I'm with AT&T (or cingular, or whatever they are now) and the service here is not half bad, it has its rough spots, as all providers do I guess. I have tried Tmobile, sprint, etc, so I can really say that there's no perfect provider, there's always issues and no one is ever really happy, but I can't complain.

anyway, the phone I have has some quirks, like not accepting large files through bluetooth, they simply won't show up after phone says that files have been saved. I have no trouble transferring those through active sync though.

also, I still cannot use MMS, I have read and tried all the settings found on the repository, but no success. The only thing I'm kinda fearing now is that since AT&T and cingular merged, AT&T could start using the 850 band, in which case I would have to swtich to t-mobile since this phone doesn't support that band.

also, one thing I have noticed is that the phone will drain the battery far less quickly when in "flight mode". I switched it to that mode just because since I don't receive signal inside the building where I work, I thought I would try it, and lo and behold, the battery discharged at a much slower rate, and that night I even played games like crazy (so much for working, huh? 8) )

So that's my "review" of the phone. so far, it does what it's supposed to do, keeps me entertained with the media player and the games, and it's a nice piece of hardware, solid, well built. It's not too heavy and fits nicely. A thumbs up, and I'm looking forward to more things to come for this platform.

Posted

Guys, it seems for some reason my "rbutler222" has been used, I have been accused of something (this is my first post here), and all at my expense. Will you, Paul, or anyone else that can, please explain what I said or did to have been dragged through the mud so badly? And, with all my education, I still appear to be dumb!!! I think it's very rude and cruel to say these things about someone you know nothing about. So, if anyone here can explain what I did incorrectly, inadvertently and even funny, I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted

It's a forum joke mate, don't worry. When I read all the posts it comes up with my name instead of yours. Every user gets their own name inserted in the relevant spaces. :wink: :lol:

Posted

Quote:

edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = /you !

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Ok, I'm really confused. as you can see my name is senor_smile. and I've had that nick for years. what in the world is going on?

Posted

Hi guys, I live in FL and got an imate sp2 about 2 weeks ago off ebay. So far it's been a nice experience, this being my first smartphone.  I have had nokias, SE's, (loooove the p800) and well, I thought a windows phone would be nice  :lol:  anyway, I'm with AT&T (or cingular, or whatever they are now) and the service here is not half bad, it has its rough spots, as all providers do I guess.  I have tried Tmobile, sprint, etc, so I can really say that there's no perfect provider, there's always issues and no one is ever really happy, but I can't complain.

anyway, the phone I have has some quirks, like not accepting large files through bluetooth, they simply won't show up after phone says that files have been saved. I have no trouble transferring those through active sync though.  

also, I still cannot use MMS, I have read and tried all the settings found on the repository, but no success.  The only thing I'm kinda fearing now is that since AT&T and cingular merged, AT&T could start using the 850 band, in which case I would have to swtich to t-mobile since this phone doesn't support that band.

also, one thing I have noticed is that the phone will drain the battery far less quickly when in "flight mode". I switched it to that mode just because since I don't receive signal inside the building where I work, I thought I would try it, and lo and behold, the battery discharged at a much slower rate, and that night I even played games like crazy (so much for working, huh?  8)  )  

So that's my "review" of the phone. so far, it does what it's supposed to do, keeps me entertained with the media player and the games, and it's a nice piece of hardware, solid, well built.  It's not too heavy and fits nicely. A thumbs up, and I'm looking forward to more things to come for this platform.

rodrigoperu,

I hate to tell you, but you can roam on the Cingular network with ATT. I have ATT and my Audiovox 5600 basically switches between the stronger signal, Cingular 850 or ATT 1900. This is seemless to the end user and part of the benefit of Cingular/ATT merging. It is a selling point and NOT considered roaming.

I would be willing to trade you your phone for my Audiovox 5600. I am moving to Europe in 4.5 months and need the two European bands, while you need an American phone with the two american bands. The offer is open to anyone, my Audiovox 5600 is unlocked and ready to go for a European HTC.

Posted

/me

Posted

/me

What does this mean?