How to fix the homescreen bug on MPx200 with Jmms installed

Guest xenose

Guest mugenakuma

hey ddmf,

you renamed the value of the default file in that registry section right? You changed the name from jMMSplug.dll to tcputil.dll, right?

Also your mpx200 has MMS capabilities right?

hey ddmf,

you renamed the value of the default file in that registry section right? You changed the name from jMMSplug.dll to tcputil.dll, right?

Also your mpx200 has MMS capabilities right?

Yeah, changed the registry value, and i can both send and receive mms, but all my skins now show the proper info...

Guest mugenakuma

what regedit program are you using and where did you get it?

I have the PHM reg edit program and I dont really like the way its set up. Maybe thats the problem, Im not editing the reg right?!

what regedit program are you using and where did you get it?  

I have the PHM reg edit program and I dont really like the way its set up. Maybe thats the problem, Im not editing the reg right?!

It's PHM that i use too... I thought it was rather easy to use, but i am a seasoned windows registry editor myself...

I think it's something to do with the entry you put in the registry, check that the value of the key reads as:

Windowstpcutil.dll

btw, it is TPCUTIL.DLL <- I've edited my posts above to show it properly, as i typo'd before... also it doesn't seem to make a difference if you use IPSMWindows or Windows even though the file is in Windows !!!

(moan -> imagine calling it tpc, when intelligent people will only see that as tcp! :roll: -> how stoopid do i feel!)

Guest mugenakuma

Ok I confirmed that the value of the string is what you wrote, but this is only after clicking directly into the InprocServer location, then clicking on the "Value" button and finally clicking on the "Default" item.

Now when I look at the value of the string, InprocServer32 (without clicking on it first, as I did above) it has a value name of "Default" and a Value data of "jMMS Plugin"

Should I change this name too?

Hope you can make sense of this. I REALLY appreciate the help! :lol:

Ok, go to regedit

blue button down on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

scroll down to CLSID -> push blue button

scroll down to {2F930BF... -> push blue button

inprocserver32 -> push blue button (blank screen)

push VALUES -> see default -> push blue button

Value Name:

Value Data:

Windowstpcutil.dll

Value Type:

REG_SZ

^ change it to that -> click done -> exit regedit, restart phone!

mmsfix.zip

Guest mugenakuma

Thanks for the super easy, clear, basic, instructions! I am going to post these instructions, if you dont mind onto the www.mpx200.org webpage.

I finally was able to get everything to work, thanks to your help.

I have been trying to survive with my own "custom" themes, crafted with the windows theme generator program. As we both know these are nothing compared to some of the themes out there.

Now I know what was wrong with the editing, thus causing my changes not to work. The string needs to look like this "Windowstpcutil.dll", not "IPSMWindowstpcutil.dll". This seemed to fix everything.

Once again thanks for your help.

Have a great holiday dude! :lol:

Guest lawsonium

Hi there,

some helpful and useful hints here! Thanks everyone.

a question for ddmf if I may.

I applied your fix to the registry and the 'messed up' messagecount plugin problem was fixed just as you said. However, there is no count being displayed for the unreadMMS property. I have seen earlier in the post that this has been happening, but could you tell me if you are experiencing this with your reg hack and if so, how can you tell if you have unread mms messages. If you are not experiencing this then any ideas why I might be?

Last thing, why do you suggest removing the 'MMSRegister' and 'MMSNotification' links? (just wondering what this does.)

Thanks

Matt.

To tell you the truth, i wasn't too sure - i suspect that they could possibly change the registry values on load (as they were in the startup folder)...

I'll have a look when i get in from work - although mmsregister seems to be the mms proxy, and mmsnotification seems to be the actual downloader.. (i'll have to read up on mms, but i reckon that a sms is received by the phone which contains the download location, and the mms software goes "oh right, mms" and starts the wap push receive...)

Ok, don't remove the shortcuts... They actually do all the receiving work, i must have forgotten to restart the phone when i removed them from startup as i could receive mms then, but now - nope...

sorry, i'm gonna make sure i test any procedure before doing it next time, but at least you now know that you don't have to delete any files to make this thing work!

Guest netzgedanken

I have a written a german manual to fix this problem for a few days.

A friend postet it on his homepage: www.smartphone2002.info

Best regards

Mathias

Guest lawsonium

Thanks for the replies mugenakuma and ddmf.

The problems I was having sending and receiving MMS are now explained by the fact I DID remove those links from the startup folder! I haven't made a re-boot on my phone yet so will let you know in this thread if it is working now I have restored them.

Mark, what you were saying about those links being used for the actual receiving and sending does make sense. I hope what mugenakuma was saying about the MMS being included in the e-mail count will work when I make a re-boot.

Thanks guys,

Matt

aye, well, just slap the chuff out of me if i'm ever in wales - i put those links back and now receive mms too, so to re-iterate, just change the registry setting... that's it, no more, no less ('s a magic number...)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lawsonium

ddmf,

I'm still unable to send and receive MMS messages...

I'm gonna change my registry back tonight and see if I can still send/receive with the old setup.

I'll report back asap (I'm off to watch Lord of the Rings now so it will be later on tonight, but I will do it tonight)

Thanks in advance and all that P/C stuff.

Matt.

Guest The Lostprophet

ur the best :D u just made my mpx200 complete :) i owe u one!

Ok, go to regedit

blue button down on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

scroll down to CLSID -> push blue button

scroll down to {2F930BF... -> push blue button

inprocserver32 -> push blue button (blank screen)

push VALUES -> see default -> push blue button

Value Name:

Value Data:

Windowstpcutil.dll

Value Type:

REG_SZ

^ change it to that -> click done -> exit regedit, restart phone!

Guest lawsonium

I still can't send an MMS even witht he original setup, all I get on my MPx200 is the following message 'alert: error in dialing'.

That was what I was getting with the new registry edited version.

What's going on?

Any help much appreciated as I can't receive either. I just get an MMS with an Orange url and password.

Guest lawsonium

Ok, I got it working now.

The fix is working and my custom homescreen looks as intended and I can send MMS also.

Great, splendid, wonderful, lovely.

Cheers guys.

Guest scott2eyes

How did you get it working?

I've done the registry edit, which has removed the MMS problem from my homescreen, but also completely removed any MMS functionality from my phone (not even getting the SMS with the URL.)

Guest lawsonium

So you WERE able to send/receive MMS before you made the change?

Because, if you have followed the instructions exactly there is no reason why it shouldn't work. The reason I was having problems is that I hade made mistakes.

The only thing I can suggest is re-trace your steps and re-set the registry key. Then check that MMS is working (if it isn't then ring Orange and check MMS is still enabled on your account). However, if it is then you probably did something wrong so just follow the steps listed in this thread again and double check your spelling and the case of the characters you use. Don't forget to re-set the phone.

Hope you get it working mate, I hate it when stuff that should work doesn't.

Matt.

Guest scott2eyes

I think I have found my problem- my MMS was working before I started making the changes; however, as I was unlocking my phone and putting a load of unsigned software on at the same time, my phone locked up when resetting, so I had to do a hard reset- obviously wiping the JMMS software in the process...

(And I can't reinstall JMMS as my CD drive is broken!)

Ah well- at least my Calvin & Hobbes custom homescreen looks Ok...

Guest scott2eyes

...Also, I've just discovered that changing the setting to "Windowstpcutil.dll" (as opposed to just "tcputil.dll") seems to stop the internet & email connection from working (it just sits on the "dialling" screen for about 5 minutes, then claims that there's no network connection...)

Which should make for an interesting problem for Orange's technical support to scratch their heads over. (And the fact that halfway through after taking the battery out, I started getting SIM card errors, which turned out to be because the little plastic clips holding the SIM card in place have snapped off will no doubt be the icing on the cake for some poor engineer!)