Cobalt

Guest drblow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sunlite52

Got my new E200 this is GREAT. (a bit on the dark side though). Everything I ve tried works just great. I need to change my ringtone to adapt to my surroundings and can do that in no time now. luv it!

• 1 month later...
Guest Tom Hilman

Would it be possible to use the key function to have one of the shortcuts launch straight into the sent items folder for sms messages? If so, what would the required line of xml be, especially I can't seem to find the appropriate window name. thanks for any help.

Guest drblow

It may be possible - I never tried!! :D In the zip file for this homescreen, there is a 'how to' document, which includes a description of how the keyclicks work (there's also a bit in the first page of this thread). statscat did a cool send/recieve email shortcut, which proxied the same kind of clicks you're talking about to get to sent items.

Have a look at the how to document, & look at the xml for send/recieve email (if you can't find it, I included it in my latest SilverTabs homescreen). If you can figure it out - that would be another excellent shortcut for the e200, which I'm sure quite a few other people would like to see too!! 8)

If you can't figure it out, let me know & we'll work it out together - man!! ;)

Guest Tom Hilman

I think the following should work from what i can see, but my cradle is at home so I will have to test it later. Will post results when I have them.

keys="!Inbox.MainWnd;~100;-TSOFT2;~100;-T0;~100;-TSOFT2;~100;-TDOWN;~100;-TDOWN;~100;-TACTION;~50"

Guest drblow

Go on Tom!! :D

This xml editing stuff is easy, eh?? :wink:

If I was you, I'd make a new thread & post the entire portion of the xml relating to the shortcut to sent messages - I'm sure there will be other people who would like to know about this! 8)

Guest Tom Hilman

I will get onto that just as soon as I fiddle with it a bit more. Have discovered that as it stands this only works if the SMS window is currently set to look at the Inbox folder. The problem is that I am having to use keystrokes to get out of whichever window it is, get to the folder list and move up and down. I guess I could make it work absolutely by using 5 up presses to force it to the top of the list regardless of starting point, and then working back down, but that seems cumbersome.

I also have a problem with the orange plugin and hope you'll have more idea than me. When I scroll across the top level icons at first, everything works as it should. However, very soon, the shortcuts below stop changing on the display. It seems the right shortcuts are still being loaded each time as I can, if I remember how many times to push the joystick, still reach and use them despite the display not changing. Any ideas? If having the xml would help let me know and I will post it up.

Thanks.

Guest drblow

Sounds strange - have a look in the xml for group="p" - in the shortcuts. It sounds as if some of the plugins aren't grouped to the shortcuts properly. Compare that with the xml for this theme which has 9 shortcuts/icons that scroll correctly.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.