C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NateDawg

My C500 works fine with the headphones plugged in and it goes in the headset profile and the speaker on the phone is muted, but as soon as I recieve an SMS the speaker is turned on as well, and now you can hear whatever is playing on the headphones on the speaker and moreover the volume output is almost halved.

Is this a known bug and is there a fix for this?

I've already edited the Headset profile and turned OFF all the volume settings!

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Is there a fix for this?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Empty / blank 'Remove Programs' list

I was expecting that this bug would be resolved in the 2003 SE OS (Orange 4.1.1.4) but its still there. To check for the number of programs (apps / games) installed, open registry editor then check...

HKLM\Security\AppInstall

snap4542yh.jpg

The number of keys inside corresponds to the number of programs installed on your phone. When you have more than 50 keys (installed programs), your Remove Program list will be empty (Start >Settings > Remove Programs).

You cannot delete any of the keys in HKLM\Security\AppInstall ; you'll get an 'Unable to perform this operation' error.

snap4556vx.jpg

So, if you maintain the list to less than 50 (1-49) then the list will show up. To uninstall a program even if the list is blank, do it via Tools > Add/Remove Programs... of ActiveSync.

To save \Storage space, you can backup your AppInstall FOLDER (Storage > windows > AppMgr) and trim down the list of program folders. You can save Storage space but you cant have the list show up the installed programs, it will still be blank plus the fact that once a program's AppMgr entry (Storage > windows > AppMgr) is removed, you can no longer re-install or even uninstall the program. Why? Notice the path of this sample program? The *.tmp file is located at \Storage\Windows\AppMgr...remove the AppMgr entry on your phone then you'll end up with an error on installation/uninstall. Backup, do not delete. :D

snap4565gl.jpg

Oh when will this be resolved :?:

Guest biondani

Another annoying bug is the case of the dissappearing SMS messages. If an SMS arrives whilst you are in the process of deleting messages from the Inbox using the delete item in the menu from the folders view, it will also delete any messages that arrive whilst the deletion is in progress. I've lost count of the number of text messages I have lost in this way.

Ian

Guest scottishdave

This isn't strictly a problem with the phone however I suppose it is a problem with Orange.

There are 9 pages of issues here, the C500 is buggy as h3ll and what annoys me is Orange's lack of commitment to its customers to fix these problems.

Is anyone out there aware of another Orange update?

Guest matt_133
OK, this seems to be a real bug. I have tested a number of games. You cannot press 2 keys at once. A number have people have reported this. I can confirm that it effects everything I have tried so far. The latest thing I tried was SPVInvaders by muff.

Basically forget moving & firing or moving & jumping.

This seems to make the C500 even worse for games than I thought.

I will not be able to make the chat with Mr. Orange, maybe someone could mention this one.

Midnight, you seem to have had this phone for a while, have you come across this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just lpayed the same game and it works fine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reltihmd
Here's my list of pet hates :D

1. There is no way to edit tasks after entering them

2. Even on silent games and media still plays full volume.  I think 'silent' should make your handset totally silent to avoind embarrassment.

3. Can't set times or priority for tasks

4. No wireless send as standard (WTF if you're not a techie whizz just a businessman and you haven't heard of smartexploroer?  I use my phone to BT lecture notes all the time).

5. Does anyone else's screen randomly light up?  It looks like you're recieving a call on silent so I drag myself out of bed.. but no, it's just doing it to pass the time.  Does anyone else's do this?

6. My volume buttons stopped working after 2 days.  Needed to factory restore.

7. No way to 'delete all completed' tasks.  I use about 25 tasks a day.  Its just annoying as it's time needlessly wasted.

Grrr.  Anyone else suffer these problems?  With such massive internal memory it wouldn't have hurt HTCC to have made the applications a bit more functional... or do a bit of product testing and customer feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Use Oxios Tasks - that can

2. the games sound comes from system sounds, set that to 0 and no more noise

3. Use Oxios Tasks - that can

4. thats microsoft for you - i assume you use windows on the computer :D

5. my nokia did when it started/finished charging, apart from the same feature with this i haven't noticed this

6. first i've heard of this

7. Use Oxios Tasks - that can

Happy to help

reltihmd

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Bug:

Unable to continue recording video: Not enough memory...

Ever pestered by this error message?

snap4627bo.jpg

Sometimes, you cannot take videos longer than 4 seconds despite a spacious Storage Card and clear memory.

snap4636zb.jpg

Solution:

A working solution for this is to use the phone's Task Manager program then Stop All running programs.

snap4652bb.jpg

The longest video duration I have captured using MPEG-4 codec was about 30 minutes on a 512Mb PQI Mini-SD.

snap4649ba.jpg

Guest reltihmd

oh yes had that error, even worse when it's a plugin you can't close, then you have to turn off and back on again, sigh,

still love it though :D

relty

Guest Driekus

I have my c500 for five days now, and it happened three times already that, when the keypad is locked, I can't unlock it. The phone just doesn't respond (the backlight turns on though). I have to reset by taking out the battery. Anyone had this problem?

Guest reltihmd
I have my c500 for five days now, and it happened three times already that, when the keypad is locked, I can't unlock it. The phone just doesn't respond (the backlight turns on though). I have to reset by taking out the battery. Anyone had this problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, had that one, probably twice in two months, my GF same phone maybe 4 times

Guest Confused Stu

I've had the not able to unlock problem once so far. It turned out this was due to my direction roller being stuck in the downwards position - this was over-riding my "#" press to complete the unlock.

Felt like such an idiot when I noticed the roller so felt the need to share my embaressment with everyone else! :cheesy:

Guest robertchinneck

If you get voice mail while in Flight Mode, when you come out of Flight Mode, the voicemail symbol is not displayed. I'm not sure if turning the phone on and off gets the voicemail symbol to appear or not. Anyway it means if you periodaclly go in and out of Flight Mode you could theoretically go a long time without being alerted to the fact you have voicemail.

Guest badhusin
This isn't strictly a problem with the phone however I suppose it is a problem with Orange.

There are 9 pages of issues here, the C500 is buggy as h3ll and what annoys me is Orange's lack of commitment to its customers to fix these problems.

Is anyone out there aware of another Orange update?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

reading through this, and other threads regarding this problem, i think it is not a problem with Orange or other carriers. The reason being i also have this problem and my phone is not by Orange, (I am using Xphone by O2).

hm... seriously, i think this is a phone problem (or internal software problem?)...

Guest reltihmd
hm... seriously, i think this is a phone problem (or internal software problem?)...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah bless Microsoft, staying true to form, whatever the hardware

Guest Driekus

Here's another bug:

When the keypad is locked and a reminder for an appointment or whatever goes off, the screen doesn't light up. So in a dark environment, I can't see what I wanted to be reminded of. Pretty annoying and stupid. The only way to deal with it, is press the left softkey or the right one followd by either a 1 (postpone) or a 2. Afterwards unlock the pad and scroll to the agenda. I really hope the new (French or expected Dutch) update fixes this.

Guest spark-x

Email Big - With Some pop3 accounts

It downloades headers then you choose which emails you want it to download fully, sometimes it mismatches email content and header.

Guest reltihmd
Email Big - With Some pop3 accounts

It downloades headers then you choose which emails you want it to download fully, sometimes it mismatches email content and header.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah well that beats my 7650 on bt, which downloaded the headers then deleted the e-mails, real clever i thought

relt

• 5 weeks later...
Guest mirageman

Well my problem, may be connected to using Tom Tom Mobile is that when I'm using an application, say jawbreaker or writing a txt, and I don't touch the keys for a few seconds, the phone returns me to the home screen. So I'm constantly having to hit the back button. Anyone know how to sort this?

• 3 months later...
Guest phatboy225

Last night my c500 has been behaving inredibly strangely.

Pressing the rocker up and down now makes the phone flick between different screens and applications without my say so. Last night I sat with it pushing the rocker up and down for about 15mins. Several contacts like *****, 77877t and 9999#9999, were created without anything like that being typed in by myself. It also managed to make a call to the first person in my contacts list without me even pressing the call button.

It also becomes the case that the only input that is registered is that of the rocker. not even the call button will work at times

This obviously means that using the phone for calls and texts is nearly impossible.

Sorry if this has been covered before but with such a large topic it's hard to find any answers.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be very gratefully recieved

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest linker3000

Ok, here's my pet peeves with this phone - not all bugs but they bug me!

1) On my trusty old SE T610 you could set exclusion days for the alarm - ie: no early morning wake up on Sat/Sun.

2) The 'doink' noise when you go search for a contact while creating a text message.

3) Like others have found, sometimes the phone won't unlock.

4) On the T610 (and T68i?), if the dialled number was busy the phone would prompt 'redial?' and if you wanted it would keep redialling the number every minute or so until the call connected or you pressed cancel.

5) Answerphone number 654321/ROM update bug.

• 2 months later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com

One thing, not sure if it's been added, but I have a Windows Media Player 10 (4.2.1.1) handset and the WMP OCCASIONALLY stutters and goes really slow - but I don't mind because it's so rare.