Free non permanent sim unlock for e200 - patched rom

Guest squall

This guide enables you to use the E200 with a sim card from any network by modifying the Rom, IE the operating systems.

1. Install a zip program such as winace or winrar

2. Download the latest Update for your country from your orange site.

3. Right click on the file downloaded from the orange site and click extract to. Choose a location and extract

4. Download the file e200unlock.zip from here ->E200Unlock.zip

5. Extract the contents of that zip to the same folder as the rom you unzipped in step 3.

6. Open the folder and run the file called E200Unlock.exe. You will see window as below

e200unlock.jpg

7. Type ok

8. Go back to the folder you extracted the rom to in step 3 and run the file called ROMUpdateUtility.exe

Note: This will wipe your device. Back everything up including contacts etc.

This article is loosely based on a translation of the page

Also be aware this is not a full sim lock, you will lose the unlock when you reflash the rom unless you use a cracked rom file again

Edited by squall

I just tried this but could not get it to work.

I had already installed the ROM update on my E200. I downloaded the ROm update and the sim unlock software to a folder on my desktop as explained, however when i go to run the sim unlock it flashes on and off the screen in the blink of an eye?????

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions????

Guest djleekee
I just tried this but could not get it to work.

I had already installed the ROM update on my E200. I downloaded the ROm update and the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock software to a folder on my desktop as explained, however when i go to run the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock it flashes on and off the screen in the blink of an eye?????

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions????

Yes mine also flashed quickly but i rebooted my pc and started from scratch and it all seemed to come good! Not sure what else I done apart from a reboot that got it to work!

DJ Leekee