WhereCanI Download the newtest ROM for HTC Voyager

Guest flatland

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Disco Stu

Please read the forum rules regarding ROM distribution.

If you want the i-Mate ROM you have to get it from their website. It probably won't install unless you have an i-Mate IMEI

Guest markgamber

I agree that the qtek rom is a dog, don't bother. I tried the i-mate and orange roms and found that they were identical in many ways, including power usage. That aside, I used each for several days and I ended up settling on the orange rom. Here are some reasons:

The i-mate is app unlocked by default but prohibits some file actions via activesync no matter what you do. That means you have to use a file explorer on the phone to arrange your start menu, for example, which sucks in any language. Orange is locked by default but once unlocked, you can do nearly anything you'd like. Since I arrange files and stuff a LOT more often than I unlock the phone, orange was far less of a pain to use in that manner.

Orange camera and MMS support is very nice and MMS is integrated into the inbox app, making the picture the center of the operation, not the app. In other words, you can take a picture and then decide if you need to send it via email or MMS. i-mate uses a stand-alone MMS app so you need to decide ahead of time if it's going via email or MMS. Also, the integrated MMS means I can put email, sms and mms indicators on the same line on the homescreen. i-mate lets me put email and sms on the same line but with mms being different, it has to be on it's own line which, more practically, means it's not going on the homescreen at all. Orange offers many more mms options, also. Otherwise, camera support (IA Style apps) are identical...neither takes better pictures or stores them any differently than the other.

Take a look at the homescreen section here and note how many of the best rely on the "orange plug-in". One guess which rom supports that.

Orange does seem to have a little more "branding" than i-mate, which seemed more generic. If you're the kind that freaks over the slightest bit of branding, i-mate might be better for you. I use my phone as a phone, not a personality crutch, so I couldn't care less about it.

Doing a google search should net the i-mate and orange roms without having to actually own an orange or i-mate phone and doing a search here should net you instructions on how to easily move between various roms. Flashing a new rom is easy and safe as long as you pay a minimal amount of attention to what you're doing and don't try to rush things. Since the above reasoning may not matter to you and it is easy to move between roms, I suggest you download and try at least orange and i-mate. I wouldn't bother with qtek as it's pretty obviously inferior in important ways but if you want to, it's available.