MyMoney V1.1 - FREE for MoDaCo Users!

Guest Kryptonic

Guest Kryptonic

MyMoney – Version 1.0.0.1 FINAL

By Will Johnson

Tired of having no money or wondering where all your money goes? Want to keep better track of your income and expenditure or do you just want to see how much you’re saving?

MyMoney is a revolutionary piece of multi-platform software that aims to help you keep better track of your money. MyMoney is a simple but very powerful application that runs on the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework and best of all – it’s completely free to all MoDaCo members!

Screen Shots (PPC and SmartPhone)

PPCHome.jpg

SPHome.jpg

MyMoney gives you fast access to your income and expense categories as well as your reports

PPCTransaction.jpg

SPTransaction.jpg

Easily edit or create a new transaction (be it an income or expense) with the user friendly input screen

PPCCatagory.jpg

SPCatagory.jpg

Create or Edit your own custom expense categories

PPCGraph.jpg

SPGraph.jpg

See how your spending is so far or look back at existing reports to compare your financial position

Requirements

* Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 1.1

* Microsoft Enabled Mobile Device (PocketPC or SmartPhone)

Future Development and Road Map

We are currently working on the next version of MyMoney with lots of new features from the suggestions of the beta testers. One of the biggest suggestions was synchronisation with Microsoft Money (which will be included in Version 2). Another popular features was Desktop Synchronisation via ActiveSync (which will appear in Version 1.1 and will allow seamless synchronisation between multiple devices running MyMoney) But don’t let this stop you downloading this version! All future versions will be backward compatible with earlier versions of the data. So keep your eyes peeled for new versions and enhancements!

So don’t delay! Grab your 100% free version of MyMoney today for your SmartPhone or PocketPC!

Download at http://mymoney.ortus-solutions.net/

Hi Kryptonic, I've tested it and I'm pleased with your application.

I have a question, is it possible the next version to hve € instead of only £...

I'm from Portugal...

Thanks in advance.

Guest Kryptonic

hi all!

to set a higher budget, go into Options and check Over Budget...

as for the pound sign, im putting that into version 1.2 as it will pull the local currency info from your device (i should put that in 1.1 really - sorry everyone!)

any more suggestions of problems? please let me know!!!

Guest chucky.egg

This looks good, I was thinking about buying Spb Finance but I'll give this a go first!

Can we add our own icons for the different categories? (Entertainment, Food, Medical etc)

Guest Kryptonic

hi chucky - ok thats another big thing on version 1.2. Currently there is only a default icon (EX) for custom catagories as the .net 1.1 framework has no support for converting images to bitstreams and storing them in the XML file... im developing a workaround for this though so dont worry!

Guest Lammypie

This looks like a great program, however I have just downloaded the smartphone version (not standalone) and I get v. 1.0.0.0 not 1.0.0.1

the budget amount doesn't work, always staying on 0.00

any ideas?

PS what is the standalone version for?

Cheers

Guest rperalta

Hey Kryptonic,

It looks good! Clean and simple.

Suggestions :o

1. $$$ - I live in United States

2. Program icon - it does not look as good, kinda dark

3. Menu option to backup or restore data

4. Amount field - number as default w/ * (acting as decimal point)

Note: I saw this "Fizz Bill Now" at www.fizz.com

5. Desktop version (for easy typing)

6. Windows Mobile 5 compatible

7. Download section - both says Smartphone 2002

When are you going to release new version 1.1 or 1.2 :??:

Thanks,

Robert

Edited by rperalta

Guest Kryptonic

LammyPie:

mmmm thats strange - what version did u download? there does appear to be a mismatch onthe FTP (regards to SmartPhone 2003) - i will sort that asap! When u go into a catagory, you should be able to apply a budget, click OK and come out of it. If it doesnt show, u may need 2 go into the Options and tick "Show Catagory Budget"... let me know if that works!

The PocketPC is running on 1.0.0.1 and the SmartPhone is on 1.0.0.0, that is basically the client version, the MyMoney.Logic.dll is running on 1.1 (both clients have the same DLL so bugs fixed on one version will reflect on the other version - sorry if that caused some confusion)

rperalta:

* yep! your local currency will be the top thing that gets put into version 1.2!

* Backup and Restore are 2 keys features that i will be putting into the desktop version (currently being developed... this will allow multiple devices running MyMOney to sync between themselfs, they desktopclient will also more configuration of options in MyMoney as the UI on the mobile devices is some what restricted).

* it WILL be mobile 5 compatible! ive started looking into .NET 2 as we speak in my lunch hour at work - it has some very nice features :o

* as already mentioned the 2002 / 2003 file version bug will be sorted (ive been told that the 2002 install works fine on Mobile 2002 and 2003)

* Version 1.2 will be released in a few weeks along with the all singing and dancing desktopclient!

If you wish to backup your own data, navigate to the MyMoney installl directory and copy MyMoney.XML to your PC (that contains everything the application needs!)

Cheers for the input guys - keep is coming!!

Guest Kryptonic

oh and i forgot to mention - it will be kitted out with a brand new fancy interface! (the current one is a bit plain and boring but i didnt have time to write the UI propperly so thats another big fix in 1.2)

Guest rperalta
LammyPie:

rperalta:

* yep! your local currency will be the top thing that gets put into version 1.2!

* Backup and Restore are 2 keys features that i will be putting into the desktop version (currently being developed... this will allow multiple devices running MyMOney to sync between themselfs, they desktopclient will also more configuration of options in MyMoney as the UI on the mobile devices is some what restricted).

* it WILL be mobile 5 compatible! ive started looking into .NET 2 as we speak in my lunch hour at work - it has some very nice features :o

* as already mentioned the 2002 / 2003 file version bug will be sorted (ive been told that the 2002 install works fine on Mobile 2002 and 2003)

* Version 1.2 will be released in a few weeks along with the all singing and dancing desktopclient!

If you wish to backup your own data, navigate to the MyMoney installl directory and copy MyMoney.XML to your PC (that contains everything the application needs!)

Cheers for the input guys - keep is coming!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank so much for the prompt response Kryptonic!

If I input now, will my entries convert to dollars, let's say when I install the new version with the US $?

Edited by rperalta

Guest Kryptonic

yup :-)

internally data is stored as a Decimal object. The currency symbol is just mapped on when it creates the data views. At the moment the CurrencyInfo object is hard-coded to gb-UK (a bad move on my behalf), so yeh if u just try ignore the £ sign for now the next version will fix all that :-) cheers!

Guest bluesmudge

Kryptonic,

great program, just can't set a value for my income . . I make a new item within income . . it lets me give it a name, and set recurrance, but not a value, got the stand alone version on c500.

cheers

Guest Kryptonic

hi mate - just enter a value, push up (onto reoccurance) and i think you have to push up again to get to value (the taborder is very stange and i need to look at that in version 1.2) you can get to it mate just try moving up or down on ya scroll pad

Guest Lammypie

is there a way to delete the reports?

also I would like to see a figure displayed for money remaining.

ie income minus expenses.

I was hoping to use the budget feature for this but it does not quite work how I thought it would.

Great Program though. Just what I need, can't wait for 1.2

Cheers

Guest Kryptonic

thanks for the comments guys!

Lammypie - u can sort of see how much u have left by viewing the graph. I agree, deleting reports wud be very handy. That will be included :o

ta!

Guest Kryptonic

ooooooo a non-worker!

mmmm do u have .net installed? what does it say? does it actually install? plz give me as much info as possible so i can fix any problems in the next version! ta

Guest wishgiver

Excellent programme thanks just what I have been after

It would be good if you could include a date field in the next upgrade

I would of course be willing to pay for version that syncs to Microsoft money

:??: can you let me know of any upgrades by email

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.