change start menu view

Guest mdor

Do you mean toggle from grid style to usual Start Menu view? Not actual WM5 screenshots (I don't have a Tornado with me)  :|

gridtoggle8py.jpg

snap20107bf.gif

Installer:

WM5.Grid.Toggle.CAB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry to be a pain, just got my SP5 but after I install the grid toggler, I try to run it but get a "do not have sufficent system permissions" error, any idea ?

unlocked SP5 freash from expansys

cheers

gerryR

cheers gpcarreon

that worked perfect!

gerryR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have an Imate SP5 then if you look in the accs folder the software is already there to do this

• 2 months later...
Guest generationgav
If you have an Imate SP5 then if you look in the accs folder the software is already there to do this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got a C600 and the grid toggler doesn't seem to do a thing; once ran it says "Cab installed sucessfully" but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas?

Guest Rapier
I've got a C600 and the grid toggler doesn't seem to do a thing; once ran it says "Cab installed sucessfully" but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It worked on my C600. After installing, I got a new folder in my StartMenu with two icons "grid off"/"grid on". If I press on any of them, it's sayin something like "Installing gridoff.cab" (or "gridon.cab"). After that the StartMenu is changing accordingly.

• 4 months later...
Guest xavierjohn22

Always kill the appman.exe with task manager for effect to take in place.

The cab files are changing the registry.

I use xbar to kill "start".

Or you may use registry association instead using resco registry editor.

These are the values it is changing from "0" to "1"

0=grid off 1=ON, so you can do a manual edit too.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu]

"GridView"=dword:00000001

By the way cingular 2125 also has another grid view found in this path

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSStart]

"GridView"=dword:00000000

Guest jporch316

For c600 users (courtesy of Peter Foot website)

"Locate the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu

Change the value "GridView" from 1 to 0. The change takes effect immediately when you next open the start menu. As with the large icons view the full 9 items are listed with the more option mapped to the left softkey. This always bugged me with SP2003 especially when a menu had 9 items with the 9th requiring a whole new page. You can change the value back to 1 for the new WM5 experience. "

Guest hyedipin

Seems like same, except your link gives 10 options with 0 for more, instead of above 9 for more..

I actually was looking for a way to resize the ICONS so i can have like 12 on the screen instead of 9.. Is there any ways to do that?

Thanks.

Guest tooflyklu

sorry to bring up old topic?

is there a way to rearrange the icons, when i press menu i only get two options, add speed dial and add voice tag

Guest xavierjohn22

Install abstractstart first.

sorry to bring up old topic?

is there a way to rearrange the icons, when i press menu i only get two options, add speed dial and add voice tag

Guest dcwebman
I actually was looking for a way to resize the ICONS so i can have like 12 on the screen instead of 9.. Is there any ways to do that?

This may seem obvious to everyone except me, but I was excited when I figured it out. With the icons in the 9 grid pattern, you can simply click the corresponding number on the keypad with the same layout instead of having to move to that icon and click it. Not sure if it works with the 12 grid pattern or not.

Guest genaldar
This may seem obvious to everyone except me, but I was excited when I figured it out. With the icons in the 9 grid pattern, you can simply click the corresponding number on the keypad with the same layout instead of having to move to that icon and click it. Not sure if it works with the 12 grid pattern or not.

Yep, using abstract start and the "not magneto" layout the *, 0, # row corresponds with the bottom 3 icons. Which is why there is no menu option, just more and home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest w3irdo
:)

i using abstract start , But when i tried to cut and paste. i keep getting the errorcode = 3.

Is there any other ways to edit the shortcut menu?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pete1909

I've just installed AbstractStart thinking it would let me re-arrange the icons to any order I like but it doesn't or am I missing something.

Guest w3irdo
I've just installed AbstractStart thinking it would let me re-arrange the icons to any order I like but it doesn't or am I missing something.

you can arrange the program in order by manually going to the "item list".

Inside the list, you can set the no. of times u entered the pages.

the most no. of times will be at the 1st page of start menu.

also remember to off menu list updates.