IMPORTANT: Pocket IE files on Storage Card Patch

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Myself and Pagemakers have witnessed issues with the phone for anyone who uses Pocket IE even a little bit, caused by the fact the Cache files stored in Windows\Profiles\Guest can get huge very easily!

Attached to this post is a CAB file that moves Temporary Internet Files (the Cache), Cookies and History to a directory on the Storage Card.

Recommended use:

- Run Pocket IE, and from the options menu, clear the Cache, History and Cookies.

- Use Task Manager to close down Pocket IE

- Install this CAB

- Run Pocket IE

- All done, you should now have a Pocket IE directory on your storage card with 3 subdirectories.

You can optionally browse (on the phone or the desktop) to Windows\Profiles\guest and delete whatever you can (there's some files you can't delete), to ensure you are saving as much space as possible.

This has the added bonus that if you hard reset your phone in the future, after rerunning this CAB, you will retain your Cache, Cookies and History ;)

Enjoy (note this is tested only on the iMate SP5, but may work on other devices!)

P

Card_Cache.CAB

Guest Paul [MVP]

Oh, and there is an uninstall option should you wish to use it.

My next mission: Moving Favorites to the Storage Card so they return after a hard reset.

P

Just downloaded cab file (placed in \Storage Card\Cab Files folder). Got following after what I thought was going to be a successful install

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed becuase it does not have sufficient system permissions."

What have I done wrong :?:

Edited by Wudang

Guest UniqueTouch
"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed becuase it does not have sufficient system permissions."

What have I done wrong :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to application unlock your phone!

Do a search on this forum and you'll find the Regedit+SDA Unlocker Tool and instructions.

You need to application unlock your phone!

Do a search on this forum and you'll find the Regedit+SDA Unlocker Tool and instructions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Merci ;)

Wudang, just realised I had it saved in my favourites so here is the thread you need ;)

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...lication+unlock

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Installed regedit to phone and can find path and values but I'm stumped at what exactly I should be doing as to how to effect the change. Can you hand hold me through this last bit svp.

p.s. lovely to see the old familiar cut and paste on the smartphone - shame it doesn't crop up elsewhere though.

p.p.s Good night's sleep and it all seems so obvious Doh! :D

Edited by Wudang

Oh, and there is an uninstall option should you wish to use it.

My next mission: Moving Favorites to the Storage Card so they return after a hard reset.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about re-directing voice notes at the same time ;)

Wudang, just realised I had it saved in my favourites so here is the thread you need ;)

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...lication+unlock

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As posted earlier instructions worked a treat - thanks for the link Unique Touch.

Going on from here I found I'd earlier tucked the following away (only to forget I'd done so :roll: )

Any HTC phone can be unlocked by changing these registry keys:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 16 (Cert)

Source: www.spv-developers.com

1) Out of interest why 16 and not 40?

2) What is the technical difference between app unlocking the phone 1) via the regedit or 2) via the Orange Security Certificate Disabling Tool?

Edited by Wudang

Nice idea, but the setting for this doesn't appear to be in the registry - ie it's hard coded into the app.

Not pleasant... ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shame as I use this quite a bit :D

ps the tweaks folks keep posting makes life so much more bearable..keep em coming :D

Guest Pondrew
Hmm, I observed this issue first and did posted a solution. Why didn't anybody acknowledge it?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dunno about anyone else but I certainly missed that post...

Guest harrysaab

when i try changing the values on my imate sp5, it says unable to change.

:-(

does anyone have other ideas to app. unlock it?

As posted earlier instructions worked a treat - thanks for the link Unique Touch.

Going on from here I found I'd earlier tucked the following away (only to forget I'd done so :roll: )

Any HTC phone can be unlocked by changing these registry keys:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 16 (Cert)

Source: www.spv-developers.com

1) Out of interest why 16 and not 40?

2) What is the technical difference between app unlocking the phone 1) via the regedit or 2) via the Orange Security Certificate Disabling Tool?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest roma0803
when i try changing the values on my imate sp5, it says unable to change.

:-(

does anyone have other ideas to app. unlock it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need a signed version of the registry editor to be able to change those values, otherwise the changes won't be accepted. Don't have a link to it anymore but I found it through a Google search. If I find the link, I'll post it.

Guest harrysaab

im trying but no luck

that phm.lu site dnt work

You need a signed version of the registry editor to be able to change those values, otherwise the changes won't be accepted. Don't have a link to it anymore but I found it through a Google search. If I find the link, I'll post it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest shadamehr
Post made sticky, this might make old Shademehr a bit happier bout his new SP5 ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

32 and you call me OLD???

The cheek of it indeed...

Just 'cos you have more hair on your head than me old Pondrew chum...

*lol*