Letters instead of numbers in Start menu

Guest czbird

Guest czbird

Hi,

I've used this GridToggle tool to switch the Start Menu icon grid off. Everytking worked OK but after reboot I got letters instead of numbers in front of the menu items, so I can't use speed-choose via pressing the number button.

The letters stay there even after I've switched the icon grid back on. Any ideas of how to return to the numbered item list?

Thanks a lot.

Guest Amun.hidden1

dude...i had the same problem on my c600...posted a week or so and no solutions were found...maybe this time somebody sees this ;)( and has an idea

PS: i do not know why this happened to my phone...but i did not install no gridtoggle...and decert my phone AFTER this hapened :D(...i hate it !!

do not want to reset for this but....maybe i will ](*,)

Guest Northernmost

Have you ever connected to a bluetooth keyboard? Doing this did the same thing for me - even when the keyboard wasn't connected to the phone.

The only way I could see to get the numbers back was to remove the keyboard from the list of paired devices and soft reset.

Guest czbird

I've only paired with my friend's SE K750i using BT, no other device... removing from list of paired devices... rebooting... huh, the numbers are back on! I wouldn't believe this. Must be another WM5 bug or something.

Anyway, Northernmost - you're kinda genius, aint'cha ;) thanx for the advice.

Guest Northernmost

Glad to hear you've got your numbers back!

I have just got the same problem with my SP5 - letters instead of numbers. How do I soft reboot without losing data on the phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just switching the phone off and back on again should do the trick.

Guest www.dark-e.com

Fix: Change the HasKeyBoard DWORD to 0 at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell and reboot your phone. My thinkoutside bluetooth keyboard still works and I have numbers instead of letters.

Guest Northernmost
Fix: Change the HasKeyBoard DWORD to 0 at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell and reboot your phone. My thinkoutside bluetooth keyboard still works and I have numbers instead of letters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice one 8) Will give it a try for sure.

Guest roma0803

Make sure if you pair with another phone, you only select serial port! Not the other options like 'input device' (or something like that, translated from Dutch) because this will create the problems.

• 1 month later...
Guest 23kev
Make sure if you pair with another phone, you only select serial port! Not the other options like 'input device' (or something like that, translated from Dutch) because this will create the problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem after I paired with a SE K600i and selected the option other than serial port, it was very cool been able to control my SP5 with the keys on my K600i (although a completely useless feature really...).

I deleted the pairing from the devices screen and got numbers back in front of the menu items.

I was lost without those shortcut numbers!!

• 8 months later...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I think i would go crazy having to reset my phone everytime the numbers changed to letters.. but the Modaco Forum strikes again and makes my day :)

• 3 months later...
Guest major_sarcasm

Awesome.

I had bluetooth paired with my mate's piece of crap Sony Ericsson and lost all my numbered shortcuts. I'd ticked the 'Input Device' setting too. Removed the pairing, reboot, sorted. Damn, I like this forum ;)