Get a Motorola Q in Your Hands TODAY!

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

post-4796-1138142278_thumb.jpg

Sure, I could read the dimensions of the Motorola Q on the web. I can listen when other people who've held it tell me how super thin it is.

But I'm a touchy-feely kind of guy. I need to hold it in my hands to actually know the size.

So I made a little carton that represents the size of the MotoQ and slapped some promo shots on it. Ahhhhh....feel the thinness.

Bigger in my hands than I would expect, but the added keyboard is definitely a plus. Try it for yourself. Download the attached PDF. Print it. Cut it out. Fold it up. A bit of tape or glue...and Voila. 8)

MotorolaQ.pdf

Guest nickcornaglia

Things I do when I should be working! ;)

(I'm a display/package designer....so I need to say this is not my best work! But if professional pieces are needed, I'd be happy to oblige.) :D

Fantastic! I'm definitely planning on getting one of these on Verizon when they come out, and have been anxiously awaiting the release. Thanks so much for something to hold me over a few minutes of that wait.

I understand it represents the actual size of the Q. Does it also represent the actual weight? Haha.

Guest nickcornaglia
Fantastic!  I'm definitely planning on getting one of these on Verizon when they come out, and have been anxiously awaiting the release.  Thanks so much for something to hold me over a few minutes of that wait.

I understand it represents the actual size of the Q.  Does it also represent the actual weight?  Haha.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the device itself...I personally would be interested to see how compatible third party programs are with the landscape screen. Also, if a GSM version doesn't get produced by Moto, will developers be willing to quickly update their apps for only the US Verizon market? Or will they wait until other landscape smartphones are developed...if they are developed...with a more worldwide popularity.

I'll let you know when I get one. I'm not too concerned with third party apps, all the ones I use most frequently work fine in landscape mode on a PPC, so the natural assumption is they would do the same on a Smartphone.

No, I mean all the apps I use have both Smartphone and PPC versions. The PPC versions work in landscape mode on my PPC. The Smartphone versions are just slightly altered from the PPC version to work on the Smartphone in most cases. Therefore I'm assuming the Smartphone versions have a high probability of working in landscape mode on the Smartphone. The apps I'm referring to here are Agile Messenger, Mapopolis, eWallet, and TCPMP. Then obviously the apps I use most, PIE and Messaging, will work.

Guest nickcornaglia

Well...I'm just saying we shouldnt assume.

Agile, for example, as far as I know, doesnt even work on WM-SP in portrait. It works but shows up in the old resolution. Hopefully somone could tell me otherwise.

I hadn't even thought of the resolution issue yet. Do Smartphones with 320x240 screens do the pixel doubling thing for apps running at 220x176 like PPCs with 640x480 screens do for 320x240 apps? I haven't uses a QVGA Smartphone yet. In any case, the only programs I really MUST have are PIE, Messaging, and Mapopolis. So I guess Mapopolis is the only real variable, and they have been very quick in updating their software to new resolutions, orientations, and devices.

Guest HerpezP
Do Smartphones with 320x240 screens do the pixel doubling thing for apps running at 220x176 like PPCs with 640x480 screens do for 320x240 apps?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, since 320x240 isn't double up from 220x176.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

If i remember correctly mapopolis worked fine out of the box with qVGA. There's no reason it couldn't apply the same to the Q i'd imagine ;)

Good to know, thanks. Sorry to get this so off topic. Or at least side topic. In any case, thanks for posting this template. It has gotten me even more excited for the release of the Q. I'm going to get some good card stock to print this on so it will be nice and solid, not flimsy like the regular paper one I printed out. It is a nice pre-production display model.

Guest someone

Nice one!

I used to do this with all the phones I was was about to buy, to get the feeling even when they were not released yet :D I printed a picture of the front and cut out the sides and back just as the specs at that moment were telling :)

But this is even better, a full printed version of all sides.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.