MTS: GSM + GPS real time tracking

Guest stargate

Guest stargate

Fightersoft Multimedia proudly presents Mobile Tracking System 1.10 - a complete solution for GSM and GPS tracking and for SMS or e-mail (push) messaging.

Some of the Mobile Tracking System features:

- displays on the mobile phone the current location (like Celltrack and the rest)

- displays on the mobile phone the information from the GPS receiver (geographical coordinates, speed)

- access the live reporting tools through a simple web page

- any user can send and receive text messages to and from any other MTS user no matter how long or how many there are

- any user can send and receive e-mail messages no matter how long or how many there are (currently only plain text supported)

- if the internet connection on your mobile device is not present you can use the built in local database system - however the live reporting tool will not work in this case. Also, if the internet connection is temporarely down, MTS automatically reverts to the local database system

- if two users (with previously configured settings) are in the same cell, the software will notify them

- you can stop server communication automatically when you are in some designated cells (for example, if you are home, you have little need for live tracking and thus gprs traffic will be spared). However note that the GPRS traffic is extremly small because only a few bytes are sent in each transaction

- you can specify how often your mobile device should communicate with the server

- MANY others

Notes:

- right now every feature mentioned above is free for any user that signs up. Registration is also free.

- the users that add the most cells will be rewarded

- the project is available with any GSM network from all over the world (if you don't see your network operator, please tell us and we will add it in a few moments).

- the project works with any GPS receiver with NMEA support

Requirements:

- mobile phone or pocket pc that runs Windows Mobile 2003 or 5

- internet connection available on your mobile device (if you don't meet this requirement, the local database will be used, however the live reporting features will not be available)

- GPS receivers are optional - MTS works perfectly without any GPS receiver. Also, if your device is not compatible with the GSM location feature, you can use only the GPS feature.

Screenshots:

http://www.fightersoft.ro/mts/screenshots.htm

Info and download:

http://www.fightersoft.ro/mts/index.htm

Satellite image demo:

http://www.fightersoft.ro/uploads/mts_gps.JPG

Guest zul8er
Come on guys, only through feedback we can make the project better.

Can you make it work for a Sierra Voq Proffesional? I get the 0-0-0 CellID no matter what phone I chose. It is a gsm phone and runs on WM2003. I have T-mobile GPRS Service

Edited by zul8er

Guest stargate

Hmmm I am not familiar with this model. However, if it is not similar with the HTC models, try using the COM port and select different port numbers. During this process, the application may become sluggish in response time.

Guest stargate

It should work with pocket pcs and many other phone models that run Windows Mobile 2003 / 5. Basically there are two ways to get the LAC+CID information. The first is to directly access the shared memory between the GSM and the ARM processor and the second is to get it via AT commands. The HTC models (C500 - C600) don't expose standard modem interfaces and the first method must be used. However, for the most of the phones and pocket pcs, the modem can be accessed via COM ports.

Therefore, select COM in the phonemodel combobox and try different COM ports.

Edited by stargate

Guest sporkguy

Could this be the fighting(sorry, no pun intended!) return of a cell tracking app for Windows Mobile? I hope so!

Will install on my SP5 now and give you some feedback after I've used it for a bit. Thanks a lot Stargate.

Guest stargate

MTS has been around since March... however I was concentrating more on developing then on advertising.

Please, any feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

Guest sporkguy

Right, installed it and everytime I try to start it, i get the following error:

"An unexpected error has occured in mts.exe. Select Quit then restart this program, or select details for more info"

details states:

"mts.exe

InvalidCastException

Application::Run+0xf

Form5::Main+0xa"

Guest Lammypie

Stargate, are there any plans to add triangulation of gsm cells?

I used to use celltrack, but this was very inaccurate, there promises of triangulating positions with other cells failled to materialise.

I don't have gps at the moment, so this would be very useful

Guest stargate

sporkguy, the error occures when a previous to 1.10 MTS version was installed on the phone. To get it working follow these steps:

1. Uninstall MTS (if it is already installed)

2. Delete the MTS folder from \Storage Card\Program Files\MTS

3. Delete the key MTS from HKEY\CurrentUser

4. Install MTS on the Storage Card (it will not work installed in the phone's memory)

Lammypie, triangulation based on the GSM information is not possible - it will always return inaccurate information. Soon we will implement a system that will corelate GPS and GSM information thus finding the somehow accurate area of every cell. This will be much more powerfull triangulation system than any GSM based one.

Edited by stargate

Guest ClintEastman
It should work with pocket pcs and many other phone models that run Windows Mobile 2003 / 5........

What cab sould we be using, I get a "not a valid Windows CE Setup file" for both cabs?

Guest artyom

Hi,

just downloaded the software and installed it fine on my spv c500. my phone is definatly app decertified and other programs work fine on it. i go to settings|hardware and choose spv c500, when i click refresh, i just get "0-0" ive tried it for all of the phone models on the list and tried selecting different ports, is there a certain port i should select, or am i doing something else wrong??

Thanks

Guest stargate

No, when using a C500 model you should select C500 in the phonemodel. However, please note that there are several "levels" of decertifications. It is one thing to be able to install unsigned applications and another to allow a program to directly read from the GSM processor memory.

Please read the information from this page to get it working - http://www.fightersoft.ro/mts/decertificate.htm

Guest artyom
No, when using a C500 model you should select C500 in the phonemodel. However, please note that there are several "levels" of decertifications. It is one thing to be able to install unsigned applications and another to allow a program to directly read from the GSM processor memory.

Please read the information from this page to get it working - http://www.fightersoft.ro/mts/decertificate.htm

yer i went into regedit and changed the values to the one that you gave on that guide, but i still get "0-0" i do live in an area where there is not brilliant reception, could thhat be causing a problem?

Guest stargate

No, I hardly think so. If the information from the decertification page didn't help then try other decertification methods. MTS does work on the C500, it is only a decertification problem.

Guest artyom
No, I hardly think so. If the information from the decertification page didn't help then try other decertification methods. MTS does work on the C500, it is only a decertification problem.

ok it's working now, didn't do anything to the phone, just tried it again and it worked!!! strange but hey!

Guest ClintEastman
No luck on a Motorola MPX220. Cellid = 0-0. Does this phone need to be decertified?

Same problem with my SPV M500.

For MPX 220s you need to use COM ports.

Tried all the com ports but it reports it can't open any of them. :)