T-Mobile ship MSFP (AKU2) updates to UK customers

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]It's been a long time coming, but it's happened... T-Mobile have made the MSFP (AKU2) downloads available online for their MDA Compact II (HTC Charmer), MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) and MDA Pro (HTC Universal devices)... complete with Pocket MSN still present too!

In T-Mobiles own words 'This version is the first maintenance release of the MDA Compact ll including Microsoft push email functionality' :)

The downloads can be found here:

http://t-mobile.iris-global.com/mdas.html

tmobaku2.jpg

As usual, the updates wipe everything on your device (so backup first)! I'll be flashing them now too, so i'll let you know how I get on :)

P

[Edit: The filename on the MDA Pro update looks wrong for an AKU2 build, however on install, it's fine!][/teaser]

First view on the updates...

MDA Compact II, MDA Vario and MDA Pro Installed no problems, it is AKU2 as opposed to AKU2.2 (which means annoying battery meter and 2 line clock on today screen). Pocket MSN is included.

Nothing else particularly interesting to note ;)

Guest Paul (MVP)

No, MSN Messenger is definitely present on the MDA Compact II and MDA Pro updates, will confirm Vario shortly (but I expect it to be there!)

P

Guest nforsans
No, MSN Messenger is definitely present on the MDA Compact II and MDA Pro updates, will confirm Vario shortly (but I expect it to be there!)

P

Anything new on the Vario? And how does it compare with previouslyt leaked, non official roms such as Mr Clean's T-Mobile UK rom which i installed over the weekend?

Have overall performance and stability increased relative to the original T-Mobile rom?

Cheers

Guest impy78

How come it is not showing this rom update when I go to the site????

It's still listing the old one....

tmobile.jpg

Edited by impy78

Guest nforsans
Mr Clean's is AKU 2.2 I believe, so newer...

P

It is 2.3 I believe! but sometimes you don't get significant changes between different roms, and newer ones are not always the best ones! :)

Guest impy78

Yes, but the link that is on the top of the page is taking me to a page for the original rom, not the updated one - have t-mobile taken it down again?

Guest JamieDow

Doesn't look like it:

http://t-mobile.iris-global.com/download_m...r_mda_com2.html

Try pressing Ctrl and F5 to force a hard refresh of the page.

File:

RUU_Charmer_2060227_20602110_021921_T-MobileUK_Ship.exe

File Size:

49.5MB

Software Date:

19/06/06

Download time:

1 hour 20 minutes or less on 56k connection

15 minutes or less on Broadband Connection

File Type:

.exe

Edited by JamieDow

Guest andybarker

Update applied and working for me on the Vario. Not sure I like the new look, but I suppose i'll get used to it.

Comms Manager is the new pretty version (and to be honest, better as well).

Clock not showing in the title bar on home screen isn't a problem, as you still have the option to show the clock in application title bars.

Doesn't need the Wireless G tweak to work (connected first time to my router that is set in G only mode).

Not tried the push email yet - not sure I want work to be able to get to me all the time :)

Battery meter in title bar is nice.

Found a new application called SAPSettings - something to do with bluetooth and the SIM??

Will play more tomorrow.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Now do I really want to go through unlocking the extended rom and reinstalling all my software again ;)

Downloading anyway just in case :)

For those still seeing the old ROMs refresh your cache it makes all the difference :)

Guest PayableOnDeath
Update applied and working for me on the Vario. Not sure I like the new look, but I suppose i'll get used to it.

Comms Manager is the new pretty version (and to be honest, better as well).

Clock not showing in the title bar on home screen isn't a problem, as you still have the option to show the clock in application title bars.

Doesn't need the Wireless G tweak to work (connected first time to my router that is set in G only mode).

Not tried the push email yet - not sure I want work to be able to get to me all the time :)

Battery meter in title bar is nice.

Found a new application called SAPSettings - something to do with bluetooth and the SIM??

Will play more tomorrow.

I was going to ask about SAP too lol

also whats LEAP in the Wireless network settings?

i dont like the clock not been on the title bar of the today screen where it used to be, i like the new battery meter thou

time to restore the backup and setup wireless and emails again lol :)

one thing i do like thou is the Free Storage mem gone from just over 3mb to 40mb ;), didnt think i had that much on the Main mem, as i like to install everything to the SD to free up space on main lol :D

about to upgrade mines - hopefully the battery will be improved alot otherwise im back to the shop tomorrow.

I get less than 23 hours of use, and thats without calling/sms/mms/wireless/bluetooth/gprs/IR enabled!

How come it is not showing this rom update when I go to the site????

It's still listing the old one....

tmobile.jpg

force a browser refresh (CTRL + R) and this will refresh the cache, or delete the temp internet folder

Guest Paul (MVP)
about to upgrade mines - hopefully the battery will be improved alot otherwise im back to the shop tomorrow.

I get less than 23 hours of use, and thats without calling/sms/mms/wireless/bluetooth/gprs/IR enabled!

Something must be broken there :)

P

Guest mandt

OK just finished! (Vario)

update stops at around 80%, then again at 95%. still took less than 10 minutes all in though

first impressions...

new 'Windows Mobile' splash screen on startup

time plugin on today screen is now on two lines

new battery meter at top of screen instead of bottom changes colour to reflect charge, making it much easier to tell at a glance how much life you have left

shortcut to 'running programs' in start menu - very handy!

SAPSettings shortcut in programs menu - 'enable remote SIM access over bluetooth'

new comms manager - click the 'phone' icon to get into flight mode

sure theres probably more

just gotta re install everything now

its gonna be a long night....

edit: Oh and find a push email provider!!

Edited by mandt

Guest StuBFrost

I installed the new update on my MDA Pro and I interrupted it before it applied the customisation just to have a look at what it looked like. I noticed on the today screen that there was a plugin called wireless that showed the carrier name (ie T-Mobile) and also showed the wireless lan and bluetooth statuses.

I did a hard reset and let the phone install the t-mobile customisations and the wireless plugin was no longer on the today screen and it wasn't listed as a today item so that I couldn't add it.

Does anybody know how to get this plugin back ?

Thanks

Stuart

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.