HELP! Dead sda2 (8300) during rom upgrade

Guest troppo_tecnico

Guest troppo_tecnico

I tried to update my sda2 with i-mate sp5m rom taken from imate site. During installation the program has crashed (71%). I had a backup of sda rom but i can't go in engineering mode (3 colors mode); when i plug usb connector the screen appear white and remain so until i don't leave the battery.

Please help me.

Guest duke_stix

try turning the phone off, holding in the camera button and then at the same time pressing the power button, you ought to be able to get back into the bootloader mode (the 3 color screen)

i had the same issue with my sp3i, i managed to get it back somehow though with some strange combinations of flash-re-flash-restart-re-flash! its hit and miss.

good luck reviving it.

Guest Confucious

Even if you can't get to the bootloader screen just reflashing might work - I'm sure that's what happened to me when I first flashed a phone and just rerunning the flash program soryted it.

DON'T PANIC!

It will be OK

Guest The Doctor
It will be OK

No it won't :)

Unfortunately, flashing a tornado ROM onto a Hurricane device WILL destroy the bootloader and render it a very expensive paperweight.

A direct JTAG flash would be needed to restore your bootloader, a process which is beyond any of us mere mortals here at MoDaCo, your only option is to send it back to HTC for repair (£31 I think)

Sorry to hear you loss :D

Phil