Smartphone ROM Compatibility Guide

Guest The Doctor

Guest The Doctor

Note: Your phone MUST be CID unlocked to flash a different manufacturers ROM (ie flashing an imate rom to a qtek phone)

HTC Typhoon Family:

Variants:

HTC Typhoon

post-128356-1166534508_thumb.gif

Aka Orange SPV C500

I-Mate SP3

Audiovox SMT5600

Dopod 565

Eurotel Smartphone 2

Krome iQ700

Qtek 8010

Compatible Upgrades:

HTC Feeler

post-128356-1166534409_thumb.gif

Aka Dopod 575

i-mate SP3i

O2 Xphone II

Qtek 8020

Vodafone VD

Compatible Upgrades

HTC Sonata

post-128356-1166534460_thumb.gif

Aka T-Mobile SDA (UK)

Compatible Upgrades

HTC Amadeus

post-128356-1166534333_thumb.gif

Aka Dopod 585

T-Mobile SDA Music (UK)

O2 Xphone IIm

Qtek 8100

Compatible Upgrades

post-128356-1166534353_thumb.gif

post-128356-1166534386_thumb.gif

post-128356-1166534425_thumb.gif

post-128356-1166534441_thumb.gif

post-128356-1166534477_thumb.gif

Edited by The Doctor

Guest The Doctor

Note: Your phone MUST be CID unlocked to flash a different manufacturers ROM (ie flashing an imate rom to a qtek phone)

HTC Hurricane

post-128356-1166534441_thumb.gif

Aka Orange SPV C550

Qtek 8200

T-Mobile SDA II (UK)

Note: The T-mobile SDA II has the same case as a HTC Tempo but IS a HTC Hurricane.

Compatible Upgrades

Edited by The Doctor

Guest The Doctor

HTC Tornado

Variants:

HTC Hertz

post-128356-1166534425_thumb.gif

Aka Qtek 8310

i-mate SP5

Vodafone V1240

O2 XDA IQ

Dopod 577w

HTC Tempo

post-128356-1166534477_thumb.gif

Aka Qtek 8300

i-mate SP5m

T-Mobile SDA (US)

HTC Doulton

post-128356-1166534353_thumb.gif

Aka O2 XDA Phone

HTC Faraday

post-128356-1166534386_thumb.gif

Aka Orange SPV C600

Cingular 2125

Compatible Upgrades:

Note: You can upgrade any device in the HTC Tornado family with any of the updates below, however the music buttons on the HTC Tempo and Doulton phones may not work unless you upgrade using a update designed specifically for that particular model. The Doulton does NOT have wifi so you will need to regedit WiFi back into the comm manager if you decide to flash it to a device which has WiFi

C600_email.exe (Cannot Be Application Unlocked At Present!)

to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe (Qtek 8310)

to_dan_eur_2080_263124_020700_ship.exe (qtek 8300)

i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe

i-mate_SP5_NRE_2.5.333.1.zip

i-mate_SP5_ RUS_1.5.332.1.exe

i-mate_SP5_RUS_2.5.332.1.zip

i-mate_SP5_WWE_1.5.331.4.exe

i-mate_SP5_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

i-mate_SP5m_NRE_1.6.333.2.exe

i-mate_SP5m_NRE_2.6.333.1.zip

i-mate_SP5m_RUS_1.6.332.3.exe

i-mate_SP5m_RUS_2.6.33.2.1.zip

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_1.6.331.6.exe

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip

Edited by The Doctor

Guest The Doctor
Nice list.... is there anywhere that lists the specific features of the ROMS? Mainly looking for the details of Tornado (Farady) ones

Theyre all pretty much identical, main exception is the one for the C600, its got orange branding and cannot be application unlocked at present without going to Orange Developers.

Phil

Nice!!! This is what I was looking for!! I want to update my T-Mobile SDA (USA) so is equal to i-mate SP5m, if I whant my music bottons and my wifi workin I have to update it to i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip right??? sorry for my English i havent used for years.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest The Doctor
Nice!!! This is what I was looking for!! I want to update my T-Mobile SDA (USA) so is equal to i-mate SP5m, if I whant my music bottons and my wifi workin I have to update it to i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip right??? sorry for my English i havent used for years.

Yep thats the one

Phil

Guest The Doctor
So which rom does what? I am looking for a new rom for my 2125. How do I find out the difference betweent eh 2

They're all pretty much identical for the HTC Tornado platform except where ive highlighted

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

This is by far the MOST helpful post on flashing ROMs - ThanK YoU!

Tried flashing my AT&T Audiovox SMT5600 with all the relevant ROMs above - always get ERROR 294 'Vender' Invalid. This when I have the original AT&T SIM card in it (albiet in roaming territory, though doubt that'd make a difference). Any suggestions? Get as far as Typhoon's bootloader screen and then get the error#294.

Any help much appreciated.

HTC Typhoon Family:

Variants:

HTC Typhoon

post-128356-1166534508_thumb.gif

Aka Orange SPV C500

I-Mate SP3

Audiovox SMT5600

Dopod 565

Eurotel Smartphone 2

Krome iQ700

Qtek 8010

Compatible Upgrades:

HTC Feeler

post-128356-1166534409_thumb.gif

Aka Dopod 575

i-mate SP3i

O2 Xphone II

Qtek 8020

Vodafone VD

Compatible Upgrades

HTC Sonata

post-128356-1166534460_thumb.gif

Aka T-Mobile SDA (UK)

Compatible Upgrades

HTC Amadeus

post-128356-1166534333_thumb.gif

Aka Dopod 585

T-Mobile SDA Music (UK)

O2 Xphone IIm

Qtek 8100

Compatible Upgrades

Edited by gjug

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aristweed

Hey Doc.. I too am getting the same error: ERROR [294]: INVALID VENDOR ID!!

I can't boot up my phone. I used the program by holding the camera key and then pluggin in USB. Here's my current situation:

My phone is stuck on the Windows Mobile Screen. I can't even hard reset.. I get to the press '0' screen, I press '0' and then I get the Audiovox screen, then onto the Windows Mobile Screen. I got the phone off eBay, no waranty and I don't even know who the provider is. I was told I need a ROM but everywhere I've checked the links are broken.

As mentioned, I can only hook up by USB in the Typhoon three-color screen (can't do Activesync).

Please HELP!!!!!!

Thank you!

Guest The Doctor

If your getting the ERROR [294]: INVALID VENDOR ID!! message then your phone isn't CID unlocked.

You can CID unlock with the SPV-Services tool, unfortunately this requires your phone to be booted. You can attempt to recover your phone by doing either of the following:

1. Download mtty1.42.exe found in the leaked typhoon ROM's (unfortunately I haven't found another source and I dont have the program on my machine atm)

2. Disable usb connections in active sync in the connection setting menu

3. Hold camera and plug your phone into the usb port to enter into bootloader

4. open mtty1.42.exe and select usb from the port options. Dont touch anything else.

5. type in the command:

set 14 0

6. Restart your phone and it will hopefully boot into Windows so you can CID unlock with the SPV-Services tool ;)

OR if the above didnt work

1. Find and download a version of Typhoonnbftools

2. Download and install WinRAR (if you havent already)

3. Right click on the ROMUpdateUtility you downloaded and want to flash (the big 34mb installer exe) and extract its contents somewhere.

4. Open Typhoonnbftools and open nk.nbf in the folder where you extracted the contents of the installer

5. Go to Tools>Edit Header Data

6. Erase everything in the 'Operator' field

7. Save your nbf over the top of the original

8. Run the rom update utility again :D

Hope this helps. Unfortunately I haven't gotten round to writing more guides for your viewing pleasure due to the large ammount of college work i have been presented with over the last few months.

Phil

Guest The Doctor
I have Dopod 577W. Does any of there ROM contain the NETCF 2? If not, is there any way I can install the upgrade with NETCF to rom?

thank you.

Unfortunately none of the tornado ROM's have NETCF2 in ROM, you have to install it manually. And unfortunately you can't install it to a ROM before flashing it to your phone ;)

Phil

Guest aristweed

Hello Phil. Thanks for the reply.

I did the 1st step, entered set 14 0, hit enter and got the prompt CMD>

not sure if i was supposed to enter after the CMD> so I entered it again after the prompt and got the promt on the next line. Disconnected and still nothing.

For the second method, I have TyphoonNBFTools-Remote-Client-090505.zip AND TyphoonNBFTool-20050405-SRC.zip. Which one do I use?

The ROM update utility that I have is the xSDA_ALL_SPL1010084.img. Is that the one you mean?

In step 4 below, I don't have a nk.nbf file, and even if I did, it's not an executable is it?

Phil, I've wasted lots of time trying everything I'm confused on what I've even done. You seem to have a better knowledge. Please help me and I'll makema donation if you have a PayPal acct. I'm losing hope for this phone.

Here's a more indepth versioon of what happened. Got SMT5600 off ebay (Cingular ROM). backed up my old SMT5600 with Sprite. Insereted mSD card and ran Restore. Started working fine, then hung towards the end of the restore. Rebooted the phone, got to Audiovox screen, then Windows Mobile screen, bluetooth light flashing, then all froze, no BT light flashing. Went to do the hard reset, and got to the screen to press '0' for factory presets, entered, and rebooted in the same sequence. I didn't see the factory presets installing.

Called Sprite, thought the resrtore screwed the rom they say NO. They think the registry was screwed. No one seems to know. The tell me the Restore has nothing to do with the ROM. So how did my phone screw up? I tried copying the ROM from my old SMT, but I can't seem to do it. I tried solution 1 at: http://www.modaco.com/Backup_your_Typhoon_ROM-t201334.html.

Anyhow, I've yipped alot here. Phil if you can help, please do, and I'll get you some $$. If I can call you or MSN so we can talk better, that'd be great. My email is ..

Hope to hear back.

If your getting the ERROR [294]: INVALID VENDOR ID!! message then your phone isn't CID unlocked.

OR if the above didnt work

1. Find and download a version of Typhoonnbftools

2. Download and install WinRAR (if you havent already)

3. Right click on the ROMUpdateUtility you downloaded and want to flash (the big 34mb installer exe) and extract its contents somewhere.

4. Open Typhoonnbftools and open nk.nbf in the folder where you extracted the contents of the installer

5. Go to Tools>Edit Header Data

6. Erase everything in the 'Operator' field

7. Save your nbf over the top of the original

8. Run the rom update utility again ;)

Hope this helps. Unfortunately I haven't gotten round to writing more guides for your viewing pleasure due to the large ammount of college work i have been presented with over the last few months.

Phil

Edited by aristweed

Guest The Doctor

As kind of you as it is I'm not interested in the money... I enjoy what I do so theres no need to pay me for it ;)

Talk to you soon on MSN

Phil

[EDIT: As for calling, I don't want to leave you with a HUGE phone bill with numerous calls from Canada to the UK :D]

Edited by The Doctor

Guest Confucious
My email is [email protected].

Hope to hear back.

Unless you want your email addy to be flooded with SPAm you should edit it out now the doc has it. Posting in a public forum is open to robots trawling through and once they find it you will be flooded. it's best to PM someone with an email address rather than post it or at least hide it so humans can read it but robots can't.

Guest The Doctor
As kind of you as it is I'm not interested in the money... I enjoy what I do so theres no need to pay me for it ;)

Talk to you soon on MSN

Phil

[EDIT: As for calling, I don't want to leave you with a HUGE phone bill with numerous calls from Canada to the UK :D]

It will probably be Tuesday before I get a chance to talk to you about this. I'm going to Portsmouth today to HMS Sultan with the Royal Navy so wont be back until around 21:00 (MoDaCo Time)

Phil

Guest Balgator

Hi,

i'm new user of Eurotel SDA. Unfortunately I have some problems with it. When someone is calling to me, or sending sms, phone is getting behave very weird. Sometimes it jumps on menu, rejects calling etc. Is it problem with Windows? Maybe I should clean keyboard? I know that this bug is often meet with this model of smarphone... Can anyone help me?

Also, I tried to update my WM by using this:

RUU_1.00_TMOUK_v1.1.22.182_Ship

But it seems, that this version is for English user only (if for my phone :/)

I have phone imported from Slovakia (I'm from Poland), I think, I should have Slovakian update version. Where can I find it? Can anyone help me?

Guest jim238

help me ,i am updating my xphone 2 ,but it appears that no connection to my phone even it has !!! then how ?after updating ,any significance changes ?my o2 phone now lost signal all the time ....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DJForget
I am having a heck of a time finding mtty1.42.exe anywhere to download. Any suggestions?

...Turns out I found it by downloading "Windows.Mobile.5.ROM.Pack.For.HTC.Typhoon.C500.SMT5600" and getting it out of the ROM directory (./Windows.Mobile.5.ROM.Pack.For.HTC.Typhoon.C500.SMT5600/ROM/mtty1.42.exe).