Guest thenext1

Guest thenext1

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=2060

File Name: CommCEntric v1.1 - homescreen BT&WiFi plugin

File Submitter: thenext1

File Submitted: 6 Jan 2007

File Updated: 8 Apr 2007

File Category: Utilities - Homescreen Plugins

DISCLAIMER: I will not assume any responsibility for any damage this software may cause to your phone and/or your personal data.

What is it

CommCEntric is a homescreen plugin that simplifies access to the BT&WiFi switches on your phone, placing 2 icons on the homescreen. The icons have a context menu for super-fast switching on and off. The BT icon has a shortcut to the bluetooth settings in the control panel.

How to install

If you already have the old version installed, please uninstall it and reboot the phone before installing this new version!

Otherwise, simply copy and run the .CAB file on your phone. Please install it to the internal storage (less than 50 kb required).

How to use

For a basic installation, place the following lines in your homescreen's xml file.

CODE<plugin clsid="{42661036-6FE8-4194-B549-3CC38D8B90C9}" align="left">

</plugin>

The align attribute is supported, with the following values:

- left: align to left

- right: align to right

- center: horizontal center in screen

- borders: BT icon to the left, WiFi icon to the right

Plugin can be translated by adding the following attributes:

- str_bt0: translation for "Disable Bluetooth"

- str_bt1: translation for "Enable Bluetooth"

- str_bt1d: translation for "Set discoverable"

- str_btconf: translation for "Configure Bluetooth"

- str_wifi0: translation for "Disable Wi-Fi"

- str_wifi1: translation for "Enable Wi-Fi"

For an example translating the "Set discoverable" string to italian, see this snippet:

CODE<plugin clsid="{42661036-6FE8-4194-B549-3CC38D8B90C9}" align="left" str_bt1d="Bluetooth raggiungibile">

</plugin>

Plugin can also display clock and date adding the following attributes (NEW!):

- time: format syntax for time (see here, look for the "lpFormat" section)

- date: format syntax for date (see here, look for the "lpFormat" section, note that the format syntax for days is lowercase, there's an error in the microsoft docs, so "Dddd" -> "dddd")

For example:

CODE<plugin clsid="{42661036-6FE8-4194-B549-3CC38D8B90C9}" align="left" date="dddd d MMMM yyyy" time="HH:mm">

</plugin>

Compatibility

- Now supports all devices with Windows Mobile 2003 and newer, with Bluetooth

- May require phone unlock.

Should you find a bug...

Please notify it to me in the support thread!

I thank in advance those who notify me if their WiFi device is recognized and working (switches on&off) with this new version!

Look for a .LOG file in the plugin folder.

Limitations

- Plugin height is fixed to 42 pixels

Version history

v1.1:

• new drawing algorythm that allows WM2003 compatibility
  • improved WiFi detection
  • WiFi switching now should work
  • new clock feature
  • new "Bluetooth settings" shortcut

• initial release

Click here to download this file

Edited by thenext1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest My_Immortal

Screen001.pngScreen002.png

It works like charm on my Qtek 8500!!!! I even did the translation very easily and I added it on my favorite homescreen!

Of course the WiFi icon doesn't appear, but it would be useless to me anyway.

I LOVE IT!!! :D

PS: Now, could someone maybe help me on how can I place a b-border in order to make the Bluetooth plugin

look separate from the calendar? :)

Edited by My_Immortal

Guest thenext1
Screen001.pngScreen002.png

It works like charm on my Qtek 8500!!!! I even did the translation very easily and I added it on my favorite homescreen!

Of course the WiFi icon doesn't appear, but it would be useless to me anyway.

I LOVE IT!!! :D

PS: Now, could someone maybe help me on how can I place a b-border in order to make the Bluetooth plugin

look separate from the calendar? :)

I'm glad to hear it!

Thanks for your reply

p.s. I mistakenly associated the 8500 to the 8310 so I was thinking why the WiFi icon didn't appear... but if I remember correctly, the Qtek 8500 is the i-mate smartflip and it hasnt got wifi.. so it's all OK.

thanks for testing anyway :D

Edited by thenext1

Guest nicoloco

Hi,

I must have done something wrong on my HTC P3600 cause I don't see anything after th einstallation.

I can see the xml file cctest

But I don't know what to do then ??

Sorry for the noob question.

bye

Guest thenext1
Hi,

I must have done something wrong on my HTC P3600 cause I don't see anything after th einstallation.

I can see the xml file cctest

But I don't know what to do then ??

Sorry for the noob question.

bye

You should go to settings>home and choose the test homescreen. If it works, it should appear in the home screen.... if it doesn't appear, then it doesn't work.

If it works, you can customize your own homescreen inserting the XML code shown in the download page.

There are plenty of homescreen-customizing tutorials....

bye bye

Guest thenext1
Can you port it to WM 2003 SE ?

WM 2003 SE doesn't support alpha transparency in Windows GDI, so the icons would look like "horrible".

Yet there may be some other method.

If you are a coder i may send the source code to you (not 100% sure although....)

Guest nicoloco

OK So it seems it doesn't work.

I don't see the test homescreen in settings/home

It would have been niced to have this feature ..

Edited by nicoloco

Guest Mr.Clean

Man, this is great. I'd love to incorporate it into my homescreen! Problem is that I don't have 40 pixels available (that's a lot!)...

A couple of things I'd love to see:

1) Ability to specify plugin height in the xml

2) Ability to utilize user defined icons

3) Ability to specify x/y offsets in xml

I'm a programmer, so I'd love to take a look at the source -- if you don't mind. Perhaps I could contribute by adding the above capabilities. Although I've never done anything for WM before, this would be a great opportunity to learn something new!

Man, this is great. I'd love to incorporate it into my homescreen! Problem is that I don't have 40 pixels available (that's a lot!)...

I'm a programmer, so I'd love to take a look at the source -- if you don't mind. Perhaps I could contribute by adding the above capabilities. Although I've never done anything for WM before, this would be a great opportunity to learn something new!

It will be great if it will work on Wm 2003

Guest thenext1

please PM me your email address and I will send you the source code (along with some explanations and other things!)

item 2 is easy to do without changing the source code.

anyway, do you have WiFi in your device? does the icon display? i would be very glad if someone contributes a method to safely switch on/off the WiFi.

It will be great if it will work on Wm 2003

maybe it will work, but I (we) will need to look at it deeper.... be patient and wait :)

Great work! I use the plugin very often, it's a nice, simple and very elegant way to save battery without entering the menues. And the Bluetooth icon looks hot on a black/gray home screen. I integrated it in a landscape homescreen for my beloved i320.

post-36360-1169903827_thumb.jpg

Any chance you have considered adding time/date functionality into this plugin. I don't use the profile switching capability of my carrier plugin, it's disabled, so it only displays the date and time. It would be nice to append the date and time, similar to how you do it in the carrier plugin, to the left or right of the BT icon...it would save some realestate and provide that additional information to allow removing the carrier plugin completely...

Just a thought...

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dallasnights

Ok I loaded the first CODE you noted on a XML, but when i go to launch the BT it says error

Can someone help please, maybe put the total code here I need to put in XML

Thanks ALL

downloads.html&req=display&code=sst&id=2060
File Name: CommCEntric - homescreen BT plugin

File Submitter: thenext1

File Submitted: 5 Jan 2007

File Category: Utilities - Homescreen Plugins

This homescreen plugin installs a Bluetooth and WiFi(read note) icon in the homescreen to switch on/off.

Unlike other plugins, i tried to make it look pretty including 2 alpha-transparent icons to blend smoothly with your background - see image for proof. (See here for a good homescreen)

DISCLAIMER: I will not assume any responsibility for any damage this software may cause to your phone and/or your personal data.

== COMPATIBILITY ==

- Windows Mobile 5 only (won't even start on older versions).

- Install in internal memory - storage card installation is untested.

- May require phone unlock.

== KNOWN ISSUES AND LIMITATIONS ==

- Plugins height is fixed to 40 pixels

- WiFi icon may not appear even when WiFi card is present (tested on iMate SP5m).

- WiFi switching is very experimental and probably will not work on your phone. In addition it may cause other WiFi problems until reboot (does so on my test phone). If someone can help, PM me.

== HOW TO USE ==

<plugin clsid="{42661036-6FE8-4194-B549-3CC38D8B90C9}" align="left">

</plugin>
The CAB installs a sample xml in the homescreens folder called "cctest.home.xml" The align attribute is supported, with the following values: - left: align to left - right: align to right - center: horizontal center in screen - borders: BT icon to the left, WiFi icon to the right Plugin can be translated by adding the following attributes: - str_bt0: translation for "Disable Bluetooth" - str_bt1: translation for "Enable Bluetooth" - str_bt1d: translation for "Set discoverable" - str_wifi0: translation for "Disable Wi-Fi" - str_wifi1: translation for "Enable Wi-Fi" For an example translating the "Set discoverable" string to italian, see this snippet:
<plugin clsid="{42661036-6FE8-4194-B549-3CC38D8B90C9}" align="left" str_bt1d="Bluetooth raggiungibile">

</plugin>

Click here to download this file

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nicoloco
You should go to settings>home and choose the test homescreen. If it works, it should appear in the home screen.... if it doesn't appear, then it doesn't work.

If it works, you can customize your own homescreen inserting the XML code shown in the download page.

There are plenty of homescreen-customizing tutorials....

bye bye

Sorry to insist but your plugin seems so ggod that I really would like to make it work.

Do I need to use a software like wisbar to use xml file ??

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest thenext1

new version is coming guys, stay tuned for my Easter gift ;)

Sorry to insist but your plugin seems so ggod that I really would like to make it work.

Do I need to use a software like wisbar to use xml file ??

thanks

Nicoloco, I noticed right now that your device (P3600) is a PDA! homescreen plugins are ONLY for smartphones. You should look at "today screen" plugins.

Guest thenext1

There's a new version available!

I listened to TEX and hylton, and added the clock/date function and made it WM2003 compatible.

Also fixed WiFi, now should work.

Download it now and remember FIRST to uninstll previous version and reboot the phone!!

bye bye

Enrico

• 5 weeks later...

hi, i was wondering if there is a way to add this plugin as a button in the facade launcher. that way it saves a ton of space on my homescreen. thanks! Something like this:

Guest thenext1
hi, i was wondering if there is a way to add this plugin as a button in the facade launcher. that way it saves a ton of space on my homescreen. thanks! Something like this:

I don't think you can... I haven't got facade and I don't know how it works.

If it works with other plugins then OK, but I don't think it's the case!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest muntu

i really love you little plugin. the addition of the "configure bluetooth" option was a nice touch but everytime i select that option i get a message:

"The control panel document btmgmt.cpl.xml cannot be loaded. Verify the XML and try loading the control panel again"

This is on a tmobile dash with wm6, maybe they moved stuff around ...? just a hunch.

Guest thenext1
i really love you little plugin. the addition of the "configure bluetooth" option was a nice touch but everytime i select that option i get a message:

"The control panel document btmgmt.cpl.xml cannot be loaded. Verify the XML and try loading the control panel again"

This is on a tmobile dash with wm6, maybe they moved stuff around ...? just a hunch.

uhm, may be they moved/renamed the xml file in wm6? try searching that file (or similar) in your windows folder...

i'm glad anyway to hear that it "almost" works in wm6....

i plan on releasing another version with some other bug fix

i also plan releasing another plug-in that displays a clock that's completely customizable... will put it somewhere when it's done

see screenshot:

post-164678-1181122599_thumb.jpg

Guest muntu

I did what you suggested and sure enough that file is no longer there in WM6. Instead they have BluetoothSecurity.cpl.xml, this seems to make sense because when i navigate through to bluetooth settings the usual way, the first page i get is a "Bluetooth Security" page. Can I somehow edit the path to make it point to this xml? Once again, this plugin is extremely well done and quite functional....i thank you. Can't wait for that clock one too..!

uhm, may be they moved/renamed the xml file in wm6? try searching that file (or similar) in your windows folder...

i'm glad anyway to hear that it "almost" works in wm6....

i plan on releasing another version with some other bug fix

i also plan releasing another plug-in that displays a clock that's completely customizable... will put it somewhere when it's done

see screenshot:

post-164678-1181122599_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.