HTC Vox: More leaked shots!

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

[teaser]

thumb_01-Feb-2007_vox_1.jpg

Following on from the last batch of leaked shots come these, more leaked shots. This time though, they're of a decent quality! :D

Just in case you needed reminding, the Vox is HTC's first QWERTY-sliding Smartphone and one of the first batch of devices to run WM6 (Crossbow). Specs for this eye-catching device are as follows:

• WM6 (Crossbow) for Smartphone
  • TI OMAP 850 200MHz CPU
  • ROM 128MB / RAM 64MB
  • 2.4" QVGA Screen
  • Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
  • WiFi 802.11b/g
  • MicroSD
  • 2MP Camera
  • "Semi-automatic" sliding QWERTY keyboard

I really like the look of this device. I'm loving the chrome buttons, the specs aren't too bad (I wouldn't miss the 3G) and, as you'll see from the comparison below, it's pretty damned small! Orange/T-Mo: you need to carry this one! :)

01-Feb-2007_vox_vs_tornado_excalibur.jpg

More shots and a bigger comparison after the jump...[/teaser]

01-Feb-2007_vox_vs_tornado_excalibur_large.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_1.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_2.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_3.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_4.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_5.jpg

[Source]

Guest conflagrare

Who wants to bet the Horizontal to Vertical screen switch will be bugged?

Even though it's been done before on Pocket PC, I'm sure MS will leave some bugs in there for the Smartphone... :) In fact, if you look at the 3rd pic, you can already see a graphics glitch...

Hope they do a good job debugging it, and I'll be the first one in line to buy it. :D

Guest Whitster

Oh my. I sure do want one of those. I just need a HTC hermes comparison picture to show how much of a difference in size there is to seal my decision. I can certainly do without 3G and a touchscreen if it means smaller phone and keypad on the front.

Oh my. I sure do want one of those. I just need a HTC hermes comparison picture to show how much of a difference in size there is to seal my decision. I can certainly do without 3G and a touchscreen if it means smaller phone and keypad on the front.

Just what I was thinking, I have no need for 3G and touchscreen would not interest me too much. I think this will be my next phone if it ever comes out

Who wants to bet the Horizontal to Vertical screen switch will be bugged?

Even though it's been done before on Pocket PC, I'm sure MS will leave some bugs in there for the Smartphone... :) In fact, if you look at the 3rd pic, you can already see a graphics glitch...

Hope they do a good job debugging it, and I'll be the first one in line to buy it. :D

Not really since its pretty much the same code from PPC to smartphone.

Remember, PPC and smartphone are essentially the same under the hood, only smartphone version leaves off the touchscreen modules of CE, and adds different navigation modules.

The display drivers are almost identical. So, it you're happy with the PPC display switch, you should be happy with this as well.

Back to the topic- I would LOVE this device.

I still can't give up my tornado because nothing has come out that beats it in size vs. features. To be honest, not the biggest fan of qwerty, but if it doesn't add any bulk and I still have T9 when I want it, I'm sold!

Guest creamhackered
Is it my imagination or is there a bulge around the camera lens?

Yeah I noticed that too. hmm that's the only bad thing I guess. Looks like a neat little device - about time :)

Guest Stuart_S

After reading the source of this news, I want/need this phone... Roll On March!

Also I am stunned at the size of it, it is tiny! This could really worry Sony Ericsson

I donï½¥t think the screen is corrupted or "bugged" at all, as the underlying image is OK. More likely to be strobing from the camera shutter. The presence of the spinning wheel suggests the screen is simply in the process of being updated/refreshed.

Edited by Metoo

Guest chucky.egg
Yeah I noticed that too. hmm that's the only bad thing I guess. Looks like a neat little device - about time :)

I'd rather HTC ditched the cameras, instead of quoting the size at the slimest point and adding a bulge for the lens!

Guest markdotpeters5

I'd rather they didn't! They should just have a word with Samsung and ask them where they got the tiny-as-hell-but-still-excellent camera in the D900.

This is the first smartphone to have me interested in years. PLEASE don't mess it up HTC!

Guest mini_man

Mmm, looks like it will according to msmobiles.

3GSM 2007: interview with Scott Horn from Microsoft

February 14, 2007 [General]

Here we present interview with Scott Horn, General Manager, MEDMG campaigns & Communications, Microsoft:

scott-horn-3.jpg

On photo above Scott is holding Orange SPV E650 ( aka HTC Vox aka HTC s710) - the amazing small smartphone that also features slide-out QWERTY keyboard.

mm Pretty SPV :)

Sam

• 3 months later...
Guest cordas
[teaser]
thumb_01-Feb-2007_vox_1.jpg

Following on from the last batch of leaked shots come these, more leaked shots. This time though, they're of a decent quality! :P

Just in case you needed reminding, the Vox is HTC's first QWERTY-sliding Smartphone and one of the first batch of devices to run WM6 (Crossbow). Specs for this eye-catching device are as follows:

• WM6 (Crossbow) for Smartphone
  • TI OMAP 850 200MHz CPU
  • ROM 128MB / RAM 64MB
  • 2.4" QVGA Screen
  • Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
  • WiFi 802.11b/g
  • MicroSD
  • 2MP Camera
  • "Semi-automatic" sliding QWERTY keyboard

I really like the look of this device. I'm loving the chrome buttons, the specs aren't too bad (I wouldn't miss the 3G) and, as you'll see from the comparison below, it's pretty damned small! Orange/T-Mo: you need to carry this one! :rolleyes:

01-Feb-2007_vox_vs_tornado_excalibur.jpg

More shots and a bigger comparison after the jump...[/teaser]

01-Feb-2007_vox_vs_tornado_excalibur_large.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_1.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_2.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_3.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_4.jpg

01-Feb-2007_vox_5.jpg

seems like a posh phone

i doubt if this phone will be available in the uk

Guest Metoo
seems like a posh phone

i doubt if this phone will be available in the uk

Pay attention at the back :rolleyes: - it's been out for weeks. Just walk into your local Orange shop and ask for the SPV E650.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.