TomTom on the SPV E650..

Guest markhempstead

Guest markhempstead

I've currently got an SPV C600 running TomTom 5.200,

does this verion of tomtom work fine on the 650? - are there any issues moving it over? - i guess i'll have to get tomtom to issue me a new unlock code..

what happens to tomtom if you slide the keyboard out? - does it change to landscape?

does the newer tomtom 6 work on this phone?

Guest jazlabs
I've currently got an SPV C600 running TomTom 5.200,

does this verion of tomtom work fine on the 650? - are there any issues moving it over? - i guess i'll have to get tomtom to issue me a new unlock code..

what happens to tomtom if you slide the keyboard out? - does it change to landscape?

does the newer tomtom 6 work on this phone?

Hey

I tried to install TomTom Navigator 6 on my SPV E650 today. I thought everything went fine as it installed OK and came up with the setup screen with the list of languages. However, as soon as I selected "English" it displayed a message saying "Your device is not supported..." and closed.

I think that the application would probably work OK but it's TomTom playing it safe and putting an annoying OS check in the setup rather than letting users try for themselves!

Hope this helps, and if you do find a solution or an update available, please keep this post up to date.

For your reference I have not tried TomTom Mobile 5.

you have to "apps unlock" your E650 and after TT6 will work. You'll have also to use fake cursor (see the thread "Apps that don't work...")

Edited by jpa

Guest nexxexium
you have to "apps unlock" your E650 and after TT6 will work. You'll have also to use fake cursor (see the thread "Apps that don't work...")

So you can confirm tomtom navigator 6 works on e650? How do you app unlock the e650? That would be a nice post to pin on the e650 forum.

Guest Bastv

pls explain how to apps unlock your device

to apps unlock you can follow this french guide : http://titourhea.free.fr/site/faq.php?lng=fr&pg=423

Renseigner l'IMEI de votre smartphone = your IMEI

Votre numéro de mobile Orange = your mobile number with the format +33 xxxxx

Votre nom complet = the name entered on your Vox Settings

Votre adresse email = the email adress entered on your Vox Settings

télécharger = donwload

Installez = Install

Rédemarrer = reboot

Synchronisez = synchro with activesync

This is my first WM smartphone, I can't seem to find an option to map a key to a program, does anyone know how or do I need a 3rd party app to do this and/or edit the registry?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Fizz_daz

Does xbar 3 solution work. I'm still trying to figure out how to map the function button for voice dialing etc. to fake cursor... anyone help..

Guest Dster

I am testing this solution on a Windows Mobile 6.0 emulator on my computer.

When I run fake cursor, all of the hardware keys stop responding. Is this normal? Does this happen on the Vox?

Guest Dster
i will try tomtom6 tonight

I would love to hear how that goes, especially your impression of speed, responsiveness, what happens when switching portrait to landscape to enter an address.

Guest Bastv
how did you do the hardware shortcut?

place the exe in windows\start menu\application.

go to start -> application the add shortcut.

tomtom6 failed after selecting language.. i think its because the application lock.

going to unlock it now

Guest Bastv

i unlocked my phone now.

now i cant accept te license agreement. i used fakecursor etc. to try to trick it but i just cant push accept. (tomtom didnt crash)

is there any way to accept the license agreement with register or something else?

Guest jazlabs

Hi again

I have now managed to get TomTom Navigator 6 working on the E650.

Simply went to http://spvunlock.rd.francetelecom.com/ filled in the details

Waited about 30 minutes

Copied file from e-mail to phone

Ran installer (cab file)

Reinstalled TomTom

Couldn't get other application unlocking methods to work, but this one worked just fine, just meant waiting for Orange to confirm the details.

Just have to get used to which numbers do what when in the settings menu etc, but also assume these false cursors would also do the trick.

Thanks for the help guys.

Guest 6772Chevy
is there any way to accept the license agreement with register or something else?

Hi again

[snip]

Reinstalled TomTom

Just have to get used to which numbers do what when in the settings menu etc, but also assume these false cursors would also do the trick.

So how did you managed to accept the license agreement then?

Cya,

6772Chevy

Guest Griff_FFOC
Hi again

Simply went to http://spvunlock.rd.francetelecom.com/ filled in the details

Waited about 30 minutes

Copied file from e-mail to phone

Ran installer (cab file)

Reinstalled TomTom

Couldn't get other application unlocking methods to work, but this one worked just fine, just meant waiting for Orange to confirm the details.

Thanks for the help guys.

This app unlock doesn't work on my E650. After filling in the details and downloading the cab (also receive a link to it in an e-mail) then running it on the phone I get "You cannot use this CAB file with this device!".

Guest nexxexium

Can anyone explain how exactly to get fakecursor to work in ttn 6. step by step please because imo you can not get it to work when youre in ttn

Guest levanter

I have the HTC version of the 650 (not Orange locked)

Managed to get TT6 installed but then hit the usual problem of not being able to navigate in some menus cos the up/down changes the volume not the menu selection.

Then I installed "ActiveSync Remote Display" (part of Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys, download here) this allows you to control the phone from the PC and use mouse clicks to select menu items.

Using this I was able to configure the GPS and get it all working... but now that its working using it, is pretty hard cos the up/down doesnt work in the menus. If you have all your addresses configured in Contacts then its fine, but anything custom aint pretty.

N.

Guest ptwilliams
I have the HTC version of the 650 (not Orange locked)

Managed to get TT6 installed but then hit the usual problem of not being able to navigate in some menus cos the up/down changes the volume not the menu selection.

Then I installed "ActiveSync Remote Display" (part of Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys, download here) this allows you to control the phone from the PC and use mouse clicks to select menu items.

Using this I was able to configure the GPS and get it all working... but now that its working using it, is pretty hard cos the up/down doesnt work in the menus. If you have all your addresses configured in Contacts then its fine, but anything custom aint pretty.

N.

I have installed Remote Display, but on my system, all you get is a visualisation of the display on the desktop. The mouse clicks do nothing, and you cant actually navigate around the phone using the PC mouse.

Am I doing something wrong?