PluginAdapter: run smartphone homescreen plugin on PocketPC

Guest Vitaly Lysenkov

Guest Vitaly Lysenkov

Description

PluginAdapter is a PocketPC Today plugin and can "host" virtually any MS Smartphone homescreen plugin that doesn't use smartphone-specific features of windows mobile.

Compatibility

Plugin will work on touchscreen devices running Windows Mobile 2002 or later (PocketPC or Phone Edition). All tests were passed with PocketPC emulator (Windows Mobile 2003) because I do not have PocketPC. Some guys reported that PluginAdapter works well on Q-Tek S100 (Windows Mobile 2003 SE), HTC TyTN (WM5), Acer n311 (WM5). I used my BLifePlugin as a guest smartphone plugin for all tests (installation package contains both the PluginAdapter and BLifePlugin, version 0.3).

Screenshot

pa-v01b-aboutbox-8.png

Read more and download

http://www.accosto.com/?page_id=12

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VoodooBOB

How do you run other plug-ins? Got the files for the Samsung cardwheel plugin, copied them into the programs files\pluginadapter folder and edited the registry to point to the xml and dll file. Then I get a error.

Guest Vitaly Lysenkov
How do you run other plug-ins? Got the files for the Samsung cardwheel plugin, copied them into the programs files\pluginadapter folder and edited the registry to point to the xml and dll file. Then I get a error.

Oh... I've forgotten such an important thing.

In case of a third-party plugin you have to manually register Smartphone plugin dll. You may use regsvr_ARM.exe (get it here) to do it.

• 10 months later...

Hi..

Old post, ill hope,you got an eye on it anyway...

Is it Possible to add Joypad-responsing like on Smartphones?Not oly by tap-the -screen?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neiltoe

Would you be able to use this sorta plugin adapter to get a full NEO theme on a PPC? Also have you abandoned this project?

Edited by neiltoe