XDA Orbit Text Message Reminder

Guest Grizzz

Guest Grizzz

Hi All

Can any one tell me how to get my XDA Orbit to remind me that a text has not been read by playing a sound periodically.

The text reminder box is shaded out and will not allow me to tick the box. O2 say it is not possible to have text reminders but I hope that you can prove them wrong"

Thanks

Grizzz

Guest conan_troutman

do a search for two programs autokeylock and dontforget....both offer excelent added features including additional reminders for un read texts and missed calls.

Guest Grizzz
do a search for two programs autokeylock and dontforget....both offer excelent added features including additional reminders for un read texts and missed calls.

Hi conan_troutman

Thanks for your post! I have installed Dontforget2 but cant get it running.

I have WM5 on O2 XDA Orbit and have run DONTFORGET2.CAB from windows directory and installed on SD card. Dontforget Admin reports unexpected error, DontForgetAdmin.exe Exception

at

Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Combobox.set_SelectedIndex()

at

SoftImage.Mobile.DontForget.Admin.MainForm.MainForm_Load()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form_onload()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form_SetVisibleNotify()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_visible()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

at

SoftImage.Mobile.DontForget.Admin.MainForm.Main()

I have restarted the phone but the error did not clear.

Please can you help

Thanks again

Grizzz

Guest conan_troutman

well the first question I have to ask becuase I do not know much anout the orbit is it touch screen or keypad based, if its touch screen ensure you downloaded the PPC version if it is keypad ensure you have the SP version.

also i do believe the latest version runs on the latast .net application so ensure you have that installed too.

not having it will lead to these errors. personally I use autokeylock, I find it far more stable even the beta version is very strong...see the thirsd post in this thread for a link.

if you really really want dont forget to work then there is a dedicated thread in the program forum more experinced users of dont forget will be able to help you better.

Guest Grizzz
well the first question I have to ask becuase I do not know much anout the orbit is it touch screen or keypad based, if its touch screen ensure you downloaded the PPC version if it is keypad ensure you have the SP version.

also i do believe the latest version runs on the latast .net application so ensure you have that installed too.

not having it will lead to these errors. personally I use autokeylock, I find it far more stable even the beta version is very strong...see the thirsd post in this thread for a link.

if you really really want dont forget to work then there is a dedicated thread in the program forum more experinced users of dont forget will be able to help you better.

Thanks

I have removed DONTFORGET and installed Autokeylock 3.87 without any error statements showing.

It all looks good!

Reminders dont sound at all and I have noticed a possible reason.

On Autokeylock, Options, Notifications their is a space under play sound interval setting. Arrows on the right suggest to me that I should be able to select the sound to be played at the time inverval that I have set. This box comes up empty so I can't select any sounds.

Can you help

Thanks

Grizzz

Guest conan_troutman

it will only play wav files these can be in the "My Ducuments" folder either on phone or SD card that should work

also is notifications ticked under the general settings...first page when you first open it

also under time outs see if refreh is set low enough to find the missed texts and calls I have it at 10 seconds but you don't need it that low

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest Grizzz

Thanks Conan

A ring option is now available but still does not make any sound and also I haven't said, but the vibration has not worked at all with this software.

If I set Autokeylock screen saver to show missed calls it does display the missed calls so the software is seeing the missed calls.

The Autokeylock icon has a red line across the keyboard, is this the normal icon or does this indicate a fault with the installation etc?

I have tried lots of Autokeylock settings without success but I am currently on:-

GENERAL

Keylock = (ticked)

Screen saver = (ticked)

Notifications = (ticked)

Home screen only = (ticked)

Locking mode = keypad lock

TIMEOUTS

Home screen = 10 seconds

Refresh interval = 10 seconds

NOTIFICATIONS

Calls = (ticked)

Messages = (ticked)

Reminders = (ticked)

Blink green LED faster = (ticked)

Enable backlight = 1 minute

Blink interval = 1 second

Play sound interval = 1 minute

I now have a WAV ring tone showing here (thanks to your help)

Vibration interval = 30 seconds

Do I need to update any phone or windows software to get Autokeylock to work?

The Autokeylock programme is just perfect for what I want if it will work on my phone.

Can you suggest what I should do next (scrapping my phone is not an option)

Thanks again

Grizzz

Guest conan_troutman

these are my settings...

GENERAL

Keylock = (ticked)

Screen saver = (ticked)

Notifications = (ticked)

Home screen only = (ticked)

Locking mode = keypad lock

TIMEOUTS

Home screen = 30 seconds

Refresh interval = 10 seconds

NOTIFICATIONS

Calls = (ticked)

Messages = (ticked)

Reminders = (unticked)

Blink green LED faster = (ticked)

Enable backlight = infinite

Blink interval = 30 seconds

Play sound interval =2 minute

I now have a WAV ring tone showing here (thanks to your help)

Vibration interval = 1 minute

does your phones at least flash the back light on and off to signal missed notifications such as calls and sms ?

is the profile you have set to allow it to vibrate and sound if not tick the box in notifications setting to overide profile settings, be warned though this means that it will still sound and vibrate when set to silent , can be embarrasing at times

if left unticked then it will use the profile settings so if its set not to vibrate or set to silent it will be as such, i do not know which sound setting it uses but I would assume its the system sound setting in the profiles make sure they are tuend up

Guest Grizzz

Hi Again

My settings now match yours above but still no good.

I have re-installed the Autokeylock several times (on phone and SD) without any improvements and carried out several restarts.

Top line of my SPECIAL PROFILES only gives me the option of CHARGE and will not change to any other profile. From your comments above I think that you may have more. What options can you get on the top line of SPECIAL PROFILES.

Under windows START does your AUTOKEYLOCK icon have the keyboard part of the icon crossed out with a red line?

Thanks

Grizzz

Guest conan_troutman

yes the icon does have the red line...thats just the icon for it.

on my topline of special profiles I have charging but can also select all my phones profiles too. such as normal, outdoor silent, etc etc.

are you using beta 10 of this program if so try downloading a pre beta version that is stable see if that works.

Guest Grizzz

Hi Conan

I am using version 3.87.

I used this version because it suggested that it was a stable version.

It sounds like I should try installing other versions to see what happens.

Thanks

Grizzz

Guest Grizzz
I am using beta 10 very very stable so shouldn't be a problem

Hi Conan

I have uninstalled and removed the Autokeylock programme from card and phone.

Re-started phone

Installed the latest Keylock Beta (can't tell if this is beta10 but its the only one on the site for WM5).

Re-started phone

OVERRIDE SETTING is now available but does not work.

I still only have the CHARGE PROFILE and it can't be changed!

Don't have regedit on phone so can't look

The only extra on my phone is TOM TOM so maybe there is a clash.

I want to avoid removing Tom Tom as it's working great.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Grizzz

Guest conan_troutman

I am at a loss as i too use TomTom and about fifty other programs, autokeylock only has one program it fights against and that autoflight, but load them to your phone in the right order and this is resolved.

I do not know much about the phone you are using give me a few days to do some research and I will get back to you.

in the mean time you could ask the mods to port this thread to one that deals with your phone specifically

Guest conan_troutman

I think I see the problem your phone is a touch screen device and the program is designed for non touchscreen devices.

you need another program do a search on pocket max and something called phonealarm that they make this will suite you beautifully

http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest Grizzz

Hi Conan

The Phone Alarm was a great idea!

It was a very quick and very simple install and it works on my phone 100%. I have used it on my phone for three days now without any adverse effects on any other part of the phone or Tom Tom.

I am on a Phone Alarm 30 day free trial and will be very happy to pay the

18 euro (£12 ish) because it makes my phone exactly as I want it.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice!!!

Grizzz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Clarnico
Hi Conan

The Phone Alarm was a great idea!

It was a very quick and very simple install and it works on my phone 100%. I have used it on my phone for three days now without any adverse effects on any other part of the phone or Tom Tom.

I am on a Phone Alarm 30 day free trial and will be very happy to pay the

18 euro (£12 ish) because it makes my phone exactly as I want it.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice!!!

Grizzz

Guest Clarnico

Hi! Conan, I have down loaded the 30 day trial version of PhoneAlarm, For my XDA Orbit but seem to configure it I really only need it for the text alarm and reminders. Could you please offer any advice I think I must be having a senior moment. Help would be appreciated. Bob

Guest Grizzz
Hi! Conan, I have down loaded the 30 day trial version of PhoneAlarm, For my XDA Orbit but seem to configure it I really only need it for the text alarm and reminders. Could you please offer any advice I think I must be having a senior moment. Help would be appreciated. Bob

Hi Clarnico

On the screen as you turn the phone on you should see a small panel called CONFIG

Then select PROFILES

If you are using the HOME profile (e.g. the profile showing as you turn the phone on) adjust the settings as necessary.

Hope this helps

Grizzz

Guest conan_troutman

hopefully Grizz will be able to help on this I did some beta testing for this program but it started to get too bulky for my needs as I had other programs that did some of the things but better, so I gave it up...its avery nice piece of software and I do recomend it but I can't really help on its use sorry