index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=2400

File Name: Kaiser Notifications

File Submitter: Phil_UK

File Submitted: 17 Sep 2007

File Updated: 3 May 2008

File Category: Pocket PC Phone Edition Software

Kaiser Notifications (for HTC Tytn II*)

Version 2.02

* This should also work on the HTC Touch Cruise, please let me know if you try it and it works okay. Works with Windows Mobile 6.1 and the .NET compact frame 2.0 or 3.5.

Version 2.02 - Fixes an error relating to date time parsing when using certain cooked ROMs. If you do not have this problem no need to upgrade.

Whats new in version 2.0?

Audio and vibrate reminder alerts for new items

Version 2 now allows you to add audio and vibrate reminder alerts for unread items. Most mobile phones do this and I started to miss this on the Kaiser. Mobile phones will intermitently beep/vibrate if you have new items but haven't seen them, whereas Windows Mobile generally sounds once when the item arrives but gives no additional sounds after that and leaves it to a flashing LED to get your attention. With this version your Kaiser will play a wav file of your choice and/or vibrate every so many minutes for new items.

To avoid battery drain and annoying those around you in your absence, the phone will increase the time span between reminders, the default is: Item arrives, phone alerts as normal. If after 5 minutes you haven't read the message, it will play the selected wav file and/or vibrate. If the message still goes unread it will then alert again after waiting for 10 minutes, then it will alert after a wait of 15 minutes, then 20 minutes, all the way up to 60 minutes, where it will then alert every hour. These settings are configurable.

Off schedule

You can now set a period where the Kaiser Notification program should not interupt you, typically this would be used for overnight. LEDs stop flashing, and no alerts are played for unread items. You can also select to turn the mobile phone off during this period which is great for saving battery power and knowing you are not going to be woken by a ringing phone.

What's fixed?

When roaming onto networks the LED will now flash normally.

What's still broken?

I've had no joy finding out how to flash the LED amber. You may still select amber as an option, however it will flash green. Hopefully I will get to the bottom of this soon.

As per a few requests I have not been able to adjust the flash rates for the LED, or have them light static while charging.

Installation Instructions

The program must be installed on 'Device' to work, it currently does not work if installed on storage card.

1) Copy the cab file to the device and run it. Install to device and not a storage card. If you have the first version it will be removed automatically.

2) From Programs click the new icon for 'Kaiser Notfication Setup'.

3) On first running the setup program the LEDs will automatically be set to the pre-defined defaults, change as required. Set up a schedule and reminder alerts as required.

A link is placed in the Windows/Startup folder during install that will ensure the tiny program that controls the LEDs is loaded automatically when the Kaiser is soft reset or turned off and back on.

Uninstalling

Use Remove Programs to uninstall. After uninstall a soft reset is necessary to get the LEDs flashing as per the original HTC settings.

Other Information

Once this program is installed the LED will not light steady during a charge. This functionality will of course be restored after uninstalling.

Wi-Fi isn't indicated with this program as the device needs to be on to have Wi-Fi enabled anyway so you can see the connectoin status on the display.

Scheduling Mobile Phone to Turn On

(Update: On Windows Mobile 6.1 ROMs with Radio version 1.64.08.21 this is no longer an issue) If you set a schedule and select to turn the mobile phone on at the end of the scheduled period, please note the Kaiser will come fully on before timing out and going back to standby. This behaviour I can not change and is triggered by the radio chip. Please be careful if using this as option as when the phone turns on it could be subject to accidental button presses, and of course I can not be responsible for any charges you may incur if the phone accidently dials out.

alert/vibrate reminders

The alert/vibrate reminder is silenced as soon as you read one or more unread items. You do not need to read all unread items to silence the alert/vibrate reminder. The idea of the reminder is to get you back to look at your phone for new items that have arrived but you have missed, once you read a single item the reminders are cancelled as it has done it's job of getting your attention. Should any new items arrive afterwards, the alerts will start again.

Sound files

You may select any wav file for the alert sound. Only wav files that are in the Windows folder are supported. You may of course add a wav to the Windows folder to use your own sound.

Any problems let me know in the support forum. Enjoy.

Click here to download this file

Edited by Phil_UK

Guest kathryncheng

hello phil uk,

you seem to be an expert in programs for ppc.... i was just wondering if you are able to edit and add a feature for the camera to tag pictures with gps position after a picture has been taken directly to exif files?

I just miss this feature from my old hw6915 wherein everytime that iam on holiday and away all i need to do is take a snap of a particular points of interest and it automatically turns on the gps and tag the position where the photos was taken.. so when i get home all i need to do is upload those picture directly to LOCR and presto photos with positions.

thanks,

dennis

Guest jhernand1102

Phil,

Nice program, a couple of problems on my end though. First after I install I get no icon for it on my programs tab. Also when I enable bluetooth it changes my red flashing led to green instead of amber, I have all setting at the default. I have an unlocked HTC Tytn II.

Edited by jhernand1102

Hi

I'm not sure why you would not have got the program icon, are you sure it isn't there? It is just a standard cab install, it isn't doing anything special, was it there after a soft restart? Could have just been the icons hadn't refreshed after the install.

I'll take a quick a look at the colour issue, has anyone else seen this?

Regards

Phil

Guest DragonStar
Phil,

Nice program, a couple of problems on my end though. First after I install I get no icon for it on my programs tab. Also when I enable bluetooth it changes my red flashing led to green instead of amber, I have all setting at the default. I have an unlocked HTC Tytn II.

My guess is that you're not looking in the right spot, that's what I did for a while. Look in the "start menu", when you first hit it, don't actually select programs.

Guest jhernand1102
My guess is that you're not looking in the right spot, that's what I did for a while. Look in the "start menu", when you first hit it, don't actually select programs.

Yes that was it, I was looking for it in the programs group and it is actually in the start menu, now the only issue I see is I can not get the amber led on any type of alert I select.

Hi

There is a problem flashing amber on the left hand LED, currently it is Green rather than Amber.

The code that flashes the LEDs sends a RED on and a GREEN on command for Amber, this worked with other HTC models but on the Kaiser each command supersedes the other, so as the Green command is received by the LED it turns Red off, hence you only get Green.

I've had a go sending random commands to see if I can get Amber but have as yet not found a way to get Amber, but will not give up easily!

Regards

Phil

Hi

There is a problem flashing amber on the left hand LED, currently it is Green rather than Amber.

The code that flashes the LEDs sends a RED on and a GREEN on command for Amber, this worked with other HTC models but on the Kaiser each command supersedes the other, so as the Green command is received by the LED it turns Red off, hence you only get Green.

I've had a go sending random commands to see if I can get Amber but have as yet not found a way to get Amber, but will not give up easily!

Regards

Phil

Does anyone know if there is this or a similar program for the Hermes? Since upgrading to WM6 I don't get the LED flashing amber to inform me of a text/voicemail without switching the phone on.

Hi

Does anyone know if there is this or a similar program for the Hermes? Since upgrading to WM6 I don't get the LED flashing amber to inform me of a text/voicemail without switching the phone on.

The part of the code switching the LEDs is actually a program originally written for the Hermes LEDs, you could try it, it will not do anything permanent so if it doesn't work you can just uninstall it.

From how this Hermes code works and the differences between the Kaiser and it, it may mean the LEDs come on but do not flash, which would drain the battery fairly quickly.

Regards

Phil

Guest jhernand1102
Hi

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Its still is a neat little program, one other thing I did noticed is I still get a solid amber light during charging and then when its fully charged it turns solid green. Just wanted to let you know because according to the the instructions it said that this would no longer work.

Thanks Phil,

Its still is a neat little program, one other thing I did noticed is I still get a solid amber light during charging and then when its fully charged it turns solid green. Just wanted to let you know because according to the the instructions it said that this would no longer work.

Is that when the phone is off? I think if the phone is powered off and then charged it will work okay, just that when it is on and charging it doesn't.

Regards

Phil

Guest jhernand1102
Is that when the phone is off? I think if the phone is powered off and then charged it will work okay, just that when it is on and charging it doesn't.

Regards

Phil

Yes this is when the phone is off, I put it on the charger today with the phone on and there was no solid light as you have said. Keep up the nice work on this program.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Just FYI, it also works on Trinity. Thanks a lot!

Excellent, thank you for feedback.

I am currently working on some extras to the program, these are:

1) Being able to set a schedule so that all flashing stops during that time, for example night time.

2) Repeating alerts using audio and vibrate for unread messages, for example every 10 minutes the Kaiser will vibrate or beep if messages are still unread which makes it behave similar to most mobile phones.

3) I'm also trying to sort out the amber colour on the left LED, and to add red and amber to the right LED to give more options for visual alerts.

Regards

Phil

Guest Flubster

Hi,

I'm using the default setup for led colours, and using a 3 sim in my kaiser.

If noticed when the phone is in a 3G area, the left led flashes red as normal.

As soon as I leave the 3G area, back to a 2G roaming network the red led stops flashing.

Also anyway of being able to set the leds to flash when gps is enabled?

Flubster

Guest Phil_UK
Hi,

I'm using the default setup for led colours, and using a 3 sim in my kaiser.

If noticed when the phone is in a 3G area, the left led flashes red as normal.

As soon as I leave the 3G area, back to a 2G roaming network the red led stops flashing.

Also anyway of being able to set the leds to flash when gps is enabled?

Flubster

I've worked out what is causing this I think. With 3 they don't have their own 2G network so you roam on 2G, is that correct? If so it will be fixed in next version.

It works fine for me between 3 and 2 on Vodafone, but with them you are not classed as roaming on 2G.

I will see if I can add a GPS/3G data flash to the next version.

Regards

Phil

Guest Flubster
I've worked out what is causing this I think. With 3 they don't have their own 2G network so you roam on 2G, is that correct? If so it will be fixed in next version.

It works fine for me between 3 and 2 on Vodafone, but with them you are not classed as roaming on 2G.

I will see if I can add a GPS/3G data flash to the next version.

Regards

Phil

Yep thats correct, you roam on the 2g network on 3.

Thanks for the fast reply, looking forward to the next version.

Flubster

• 2 weeks later...

Although I admire the effort here, this app has some problems. First off, there are no color options for the GPS or WiFI on the right side LED. In fact, it turns both OFF with no way to turn them back on other then uninstalling and rebooting. Secondly, when charging, there is no longer any indication of a solid LED nor does it turn green (or whatever color) when fully charged. These two things are fairly major omissions. Not to mention the amber color problem noted above. The shortcut also doesn't show up under "Programs", just on the start menu, which is strange.

Hopefully these issues can be addressed. It's almost still worth installing since I REALLY want that missed phone call left LED notification to be RED - amber is just to close to green. But still too many issues to keep this one installed.

Tony

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

Just to answer/respond to your concerns:

First off, there are no color options for the GPS or WiFI on the right side LED. In fact, it turns both OFF with no way to turn them back on other then uninstalling and rebooting.

Wi-Fi and GPS indicators are delibrately missing as in my opinion these are pointless (and I wrote the program for my own benefit first and foremost ;) ). Wi-Fi only works when the device is on so you can see the status of Wi-Fi while looking at the screen, and you know GPS is on from most navigation programs and by the fact it is working or not in those programs, so why bother flashing LEDs? I would think that while driving the flashing LED is a distraction anyway so I'm not sure what HTC were thinking.

By removing Wi-Fi and GPS indicators means the right LED can be used for Email and SMS notifications, making these more noticable.

Secondly, when charging, there is no longer any indication of a solid LED nor does it turn green (or whatever color) when fully charged.

The missing static charging indicators are listed in the description as a known issue. The reason they are missing is I have found no method of controlling the LEDs to light static. Charging indicators are on the screen when the device is on anyway and charging so I personally haven't found this a problem.

The shortcut also doesn't show up under "Programs", just on the start menu, which is strange.

I think this has been mentioned before however when I install it I always get a program icon under 'Programs' as expected. When I do another version I will check what the cab install is doing.

Hopefully these issues can be addressed. It's almost still worth installing since I REALLY want that missed phone call left LED notification to be RED - amber is just to close to green. But still too many issues to keep this one installed.

I agree entirely, the biggest omission I think is how on earth HTC decided on these indicators in the first place, then to fix them so they could not be changed by the end user, unless resorting to some other program such as mine.

Regards

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil_UK
HI,

do you know if it works with WM 6 for smartphone? for example on HTC S710 ?

Hi

It wasn't written for the HTC SmartPhone in mind, you could try it, if it installs it might work.

Regards

Phil

Hi

It wasn't written for the HTC SmartPhone in mind, you could try it, if it installs it might work.

Regards

Phil

Installation was ok, but then when I launch it I have some errors. it doesn't work

thank u

G

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.