All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

Guest sztupy

Help beta test version 22

WWE (World Wide English / 0409) ROMs ONLY

If the language of your ROM is NOT english, then this installer won't work properly

If after installing the weather tab does not work and you can't add programs in the programs tab (crashes), then you DON'T have an English ROM

You might try finding localizations to M2D for your ROM version and install them to your phone. After that M2D might work with non-English ROMs too, but this is UNTESTED

(or try this: get the locale number for your country (English is 0409, Hungarian is 040E, etc.), then replace all files in the M2D install creator that have a ".0409." part in the filename with ".040E." or something similar. Some files might need some hexediting check the next section for a link for an automated hexediting tool)

You can hack non-English language files into an English ROM, to get the best from both worlds but this will decrease stability. Read more here

For big weather icons use the M2DU21 Install creator, or download them separately from here and copy them to the windows directory

M2D UPDATE 21 information

old post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE for more advanced users --> SztupY's automated M2D all-in-one installer creator

old post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

The followings are fixed:

* All people button does work

* Youtube button does work

* Communications button under settings does work and it will run Favorite Settings. You'll need to install either Favorite Settings (if you don't have it already installed) or Opal Commanager. I'd prefer the first.

DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

old post:

Hi!

Managed to create a Manila2d All-in-one cab. Tried out after a hard-reset and it works, I only had some minor bugs with it.

This installer includes: SharedDLL, Contactfix, HTC Album, Audiomanager, Outlook enhancements, Google Maps, Manila 2d (update 19b) + patch, MBarivan touchflo skin, youtubeplay, album and audiomanager fix.

This installer does not include: Comm Manager, PsiDOC Wifi-all

Current issues found so far (after a hard reset on a mostly-clean HL2 ROM):

* All people button does not work

* Youtube button does not work

* Communications button under settings does not work (because commanager is not installed)

* Wireless Networks button under settings does not work

* No link to google maps and youtubeplay under start menu

Things to do:

* I want to use Favorite Settings instead of Comm Manager, maybe I include a patch for this in a later release.

link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

Setup guide:

1. Hard reset

2. Disable everything on the today screen

3. Install opera if not installed (15233 should work fine)

4. Install M2D19b

5. DO NOT LET THE DEVICE GO TO STANDBY DURING INSTALL!

6. Set the theme and background (optional)

7. Soft reset

8. Enable Touchflo on the today screen

9. Enjoy

This is a beta release. Please test it and share your findings! I only tried it with a mostly-clean HL2 ROM, don't know whether it'll work with other versions/ROM's, but it should work with lufeig's lite ROM though (but this is untested).

Edited by sztupy

Guest jeffrey2000
Hi!

Managed to create a Manila2d All-in-one cab. Tried out after a hard-reset and it works, I only had some minor bugs with it.

This installer includes: SharedDLL, Contactfix, HTC Album, Audiomanager, Outlook enhancements, Google Maps, Manila 2d (update 19b) + patch, MBarivan touchflo skin, youtubeplay, album and audiomanager fix.

This installer does not include: Comm Manager, PsiDOC Wifi-all

Current issues found so far (after a hard reset on a mostly-clean HL2 ROM):

* All people button does not work

* Youtube button does not work

* Communications button under settings does not work (because commanager is not installed)

* Wireless Networks button under settings does not work

* No link to google maps and youtubeplay under start menu

Things to do:

* I want to use Favorite Settings instead of Comm Manager, maybe I include a patch for this in a later release.

link: http://sztupy.hu/M2D19bAIO.zip

Setup guide:

1. Hard reset

2. Disable everything on the today screen

3. Install

4. DO NOT LET THE DEVICE GO TO STANDBY DURING INSTALL!

5. Set the theme and background (optional)

6. Soft reset

7. Enable Touchflo on the today screen

8. Enjoy

This is a beta release. Please test it and share your findings! I only tried it with a mostly-clean HL2 ROM, don't know whether it'll work with other versions/ROM's, but it should work with lufeig's lite ROM though (but this is untested).

Great idea!!! Please inlude the newer "Manilla 2D Customizer" aswell!! with the newer: "apply to all fonts" button :rolleyes: :)

But make sure you give the right credits (ask him first! :( )

The program SSMaPa.exe is handy aswell, see what Passoa wrote about it (He made a new ROM including all needed M2D files, so if you have any problem you could probably ask how he solved it and create a CAB for it :( ... and same applies what I wrote above).

If you would like to use a different calendar, open Samsung Alarm when the clock is pressed or even open SilverInbox when “All Messages” is pressed, please use the program called SSMaPa.exe by svenso in the \Windows\ directory. More instructions can be found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447481 for this great little app.

A link to \\Windows\FavoriteSetting.exe from inside SSMaPa.exe would be nice though, just try to implement it in a cab somehow :D

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest sztupy
"Is this a question or an answer?"

i said "is it" so i think it's a question

And you put two exclamation marks at the end...

Dunno, I always tried it after a hard rest. Should work though.

EDIT: it seems opera has to be installed before M2D

Edited by sztupy

Guest sztupy
Great idea!!! Please inlude the newer "Manilla 2D Customizer" aswell!! with the newer: "apply to all fonts" button :rolleyes: :)

But make sure you give the right credits (ask him first! :( )

The program SSMaPa.exe is handy aswell, see what Passoa wrote about it (He made a new ROM including all needed M2D files, so if you have any problem you could probably ask how he solved it and create a CAB for it :D ... and same applies what I wrote above).

A link to \\Windows\FavoriteSetting.exe from inside SSMaPa.exe would be nice though, just try to implement it in a cab somehow B)

These are external applications, not needed for the normal work of M2D (well, google maps and youtube is also unneeded, but they're official applications), so I think I'll leave them out. IMHO It's still far easier to install this cab, than installing 12 cabs though :( But I may create an all-in-one M2D extensions cab :P

Guest marg232

working fine on my omnia i900 i900XXHG5 bugs the same as ones mentioned, my internet isnt working either for some reason? also where do i install other themes? cant find a theme folder

many thanks

Guest shokka9

Sztupy knows it works for me :rolleyes:

But it is essential that Opera is installed and that you do NOT let it go into standby whilst installing it or it will fail to install.

It works, the probelms were there before Sztupy merged into one cab, so congrats to Sztupy. Works in HK3 too, tried last night. Back on HL2 tho, gonna use your M2D task later Sztupy!!

Big thanks and respect to one seriously clever dude, he has worked wonders for Omnia scene in such short time.

take care peeps

Edited by shokka9

Guest abu123

This is great!

Keep up the work Sztupy!

I installed on original shipped ROM. HG1.

- not updated as needs to be exchanged by mobileshop they sent me a used item - ridiculous.

Edited by abu123

Guest Kubilay K

firstly I want to say thank you for perfect Manila 2d Update :rolleyes:

to solve Youtube problem, you sould use registry editor and you should edit some values in registery, also you can edit and set another program, I prefer to use internet explorer instead of Youtube.

Hkey_Lochal_Machine

-software

--Manila2d

---Internetwidget

----customized

in 'Customized URL' key you should set working executible file path.

I prefer to set iexplorer.exe

I also changed CustomizedTitle to 'Internet Explorer'

But I have still problem with weather, i could see list of country and it is not working.

Guest Kubilay K

firstly I want to say thank you for perfect Manila 2d Update :rolleyes:

to solve Youtube problem, you sould use registry editor and you should edit some values in registery, also you can edit and set another program, I prefer to use internet explorer instead of Youtube.

Hkey_Lochal_Machine

-software

--Manila2d

---Internetwidget

----customized

in 'Customized URL' key you should set working executible file path.

I prefer to set iexplorer.exe

I also changed CustomizedTitle to 'Internet Explorer'

But I have still problem with weather, i could see list of country and it is not working.

Guest sztupy
Couldn't you include the a cab file that does he registry fix changing the HTC COM manager wireless to use JAGUARGSP1?

Because the cab doesn't use HTC Comm Manager, I don't think this is needed. I still think FavSet is more suited than CommManager for the Omnia. That fix should be in a patched Comm Manager cab.

Guest smilepak
Because the cab doesn't use HTC Comm Manager, I don't think this is needed. I still think FavSet is more suited than CommManager for the Omnia. That fix should be in a patched Comm Manager cab.

Interesting, I'll give it a shot. Thanks. What is the different between this vs

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...flo-2d-on-i900/

I usually skip the default skin and go directly into install M2DC and apply a theme. Save space that way later on.

Edited by smilepak

Guest sector

WLan fix is provided by qbus here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=951833

Btw Outlook enhancements, youtubeplay, Audio manager, HTC Album can be installed in My Storage and they work.

Only Google Maps must be installed on the Device.

This is for sake of space.

Thanks sztupy :rolleyes: for the great package!

Edited by sector

Guest Frankish

I'll be your best friend forever if there's any way you can get HTC Task Manager 2.0 to work with this and include it :rolleyes:

Can get it to work on normal i900 but not with Touchflo enabled.

Guest smilepak

Okay, done with install. Here is what I did just in case anyone is interested

1) Hard reset using System menu to clean out My Storage and Main Storage

2) Install Manila 2D cab provided above

3) Turn off Touch Flo in Today screen

4) Install latest M2DC

5) Apply theme I like

6) Soft reset

7) In M2DC make the tab modification I like to have and enable Touch Flo on today screen

8) Install .NET 3.5 and Registry Editor

9) Use registry editor and do reg hack to enforce .NET 3.5

10) Do screen calibration registry hack

11) Do registry hack to improve file cache and system cache

12) Do registry hack call volume changes

13) Soft reset

14) Install ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and WMWIFIROUTER 0.91 version

15) Install Iris Browser

16) Install Windows Live Search

17) Install Pandora

All seems to be working so far. I'll know more after a few days of playing with it.

The Communication button doesn't work on the setting tab of TF2D.

Audio booster doesn't work in the menu tab of TF2D

Opera isn't linked in the internet tab of TF2D, i used M2DC to fix that

If anyone curious on the actual reg hack setting, see link in signature, they are all on there.

Edited by smilepak

Guest sector

CommManager is not included in the package. It is separated. You can install FavoriteSettings or CommManager separately :rolleyes:.

AudioBooster i think works only if u have headsets.

Guest smilepak
CommManager is not included in the package. It is separated. You can install FavoriteSettings or CommManager separately :rolleyes: .

AudioBooster i think works only if u have headsets.

Favorite Setting? WHere is the cab for that?

EDIT:

Nevermind, found it

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...odies-from-hl1/

Edited by smilepak