Favorite Hackings [09-01-26: UPDATE 0.3]

Guest sztupy

Guest sztupy

Latest version changelog here

Old post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so this is my first graphical WinMo application. What it does is simple: It turns on or off specific registry hacks, like turns on/off the "Dialer Skin", changes the SMS Threading view, disables/enables shozuRCP, etc. It now also supports secret phone codes too. The program is now in a beta stage, so fell free to use it.

Current features:

- XML based config file

- Set named dword and string attributes

- Delete named attributes

- Run phone commands

- On/Off type switches

- Soft reset feature with confirmation dialog

- Description on each task

- Portrait/landscape mode

Possible improvements later:

- more types of switches

- improved registry editing

- even more actions, like BT/Wifi/etc.

The graphic is still a bit sluggish, with some transparency errors, but it's working fine imho.

Here are some screenshots:

Programs:

post-465894-1231861740_thumb.jpg

Main tab:

post-465894-1231861747_thumb.jpg

Input tab:

post-465894-1231861752_thumb.jpg

Landscape mode:

post-465894-1231861757_thumb.jpg

Confirmation boxes:

post-465894-1231861762_thumb.jpg

Soft reset:

post-465894-1231861768_thumb.jpg

If you like it please donate at my homepage

DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/favhack.html

And help me adding more hacks (please send them in XML format) and/or help with the icons (thanks to ZtF for his help)!

Edited by sztupy

Guest bobobird

Excellent

Please also list the hacks in the main post.

Dont know if you already have the HideSIM reg or not.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone]

"ShowSIM"=dword:00000000

This will hide the contacts on the SIM and only show those in the phone contacts.

But it will always revert to show on a soft reset. Not sure how to make this permanent.

Thanks

Edited by bobobird

Guest sztupy
Excellent

Please also list the hacks in the main post.

Dont know if you already have the HideSIM reg or not.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone]

"ShowSIM"=dword:00000000

This will hide the contacts on the SIM and only show those in the phone contacts.

But it will always revert to show on a soft reset. Not sure how to make this permanent.

Thanks

The hacks are in the XML file. Nothing fancy, most of the hacks are documented here already.

The easiest way would be to add an aoutorun entry, that disables it whenewer it gets enabled. Added to TODO list.

Guest mimosoft

I`ll test it later. Seems to be like FavouriteSettings with hidden features.

Maybe someone can make Icons like Favourite Settings for this application. :rolleyes:

Guest sztupy
I`ll test it later. Seems to be like FavouriteSettings with hidden features.

Maybe someone can make Icons like Favourite Settings for this application. :)

I'll do that sometime. Just wanted a sleek app, that can run the settings you guys are posting here :rolleyes:

And needs Landscape support too.

Guest psypher

Looks amazing mate :rolleyes:

Great idea to make one app that can do so many needed things!

Would be great to see it with a bit of art direction/icons etc

Guest mimosoft
...maybe it won't be so difficult... if we use something already created (such as Oxygen icon set or whatever from OS)...

the screenshot looks nice! can you upload this cab?

Guest sztupy
...maybe it won't be so difficult... if we use something already created (such as Oxygen icon set or whatever from OS)...

wow. you just appeared in this forum, and posted this nice screenshot :rolleyes:

I'd need icons for each tasks, and some design tips about the interface. I thought about a tabbed interface just like in M2D, where you can sweep your finger to switch tabs, and on each tab page there would be specific tasks grouped together.

EDIT: unfortunately oxygen-icons have a restrictive licence (no derivate works)

Edited by sztupy

Fine... so which licence you find suitable? I guess LGPL and GPL2 does not work (I don't see why but you certainly have your reasons) so the only suitable solution would be:

a ) Creative Commons SA (eg. Tango, famfamfam)

b ) our own (no way! :rolleyes: )

EDIT: c) make it skinnable. Then the skin can be released under any licence despite of the licence of your app. (this shouldn't be problem if at least the frontend is in .NET CF)

I think CCSA should be fine and Tango's fine too (at least for the beginning).

About the GUI:

1) KISS principle

2) Don't force users to tweak it

3) Use it (ideally in haste)  :)

4) Tabs/categories - sure

5) Gestures - not so sure

Edited by ZtF

Fine... so which licence you find suitable? I guess LGPL and GPL2 does not work (I don't see why but you certainly have your reasons) so the only suitable solution would be:

a ) Creative Commons SA (eg. Tango, famfamfam)

b ) our own (no way! :rolleyes: )

EDIT: c) make it skinnable. Then the skin can be released under any licence despite of the licence of your app. (this shouldn't be problem if at least the frontend is in .NET CF)

I think CCSA should be fine and Tango's fine too (at least for the beginning).

I'm fine with cc-no-derivate but that would mean we can't modify those images to suit our needs, which might happen :) My app will be skinnable, thats not a question, it's just that I can't understand why can it be, that an icon pack has a no-derivative licence :(

I'm fine with cc-no-derivate but that would mean we can't modify those images to suit our needs, which might happen :rolleyes: My app will be skinnable, thats not a question, it's just that I can't understand why can it be, that an icon pack has a no-derivative licence :)

The real problem with these licences would be if you decide to distribude the app as a commercial product. And when that moment comes, you'll just say "Hey, it's just a skin and I'm not the author. The skin maybe should be under xyz licence, my default skin is my own." - and even then you don't need to worry. What should say those who build "proprietaly" routers on linux (asus, d-link, ...) and they really don't mind what's written in GPL...

And btw. it's CC Attribution-Share Alike

Edited by ZtF

That's a problem. They're mostly under LGPL which sztupy doesn't want to use...

I think you misunderstood me. I never said I don't like their licences because they're free, or because they have the share-alike part, I was just looking at the page and found that (now found that only some of) the icons are under a restrictive licence (no derivate), which I thought is strange for an icon set. Looked closer and found that only the newer icons are no-derivate type, and the others are fine. And cc doesn't say anything about computer programs. You won't licence a computer program with CC, because it's an artistic licence.

And LGPL is good, because it enables you to use it in products that are non-GPL. And don't worry, I already made a lot of open-source application, I'm not the kind of person who wants to keep everything himself. (if you look closer you'll find that both SYAKR and CabTools are open-source, I've just hidden their source-code part :rolleyes: ). And who would make a commercial product out of a hacking tool anyway?

So any licence is fine for me (CC, LGPL, or maybe even GPL), except the non-derivate type licences, because they dissallow you to change the icons to suit your needs.

Edited by sztupy