25 Mar: NVflash stock ROM release: v10b dated 1300166062 (15/03/2011)

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm please to make the latest (*at time of writing) LG 2X ROM release available for your use in NVFlash format. This is doubly useful as it provides us with a great 'disaster recovery' solution for when we're playing with new ROMs, recoveries etc. :D

Please note that you use this at your own risk!

NVFlash is for use on Windows PCs.

Excellent details on how to set up NVFlash are available in this topic (thanks jmcnz), but in a nutshell the process is:

• Download the ROM file below
  • Download the driver file below
  • Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume up and down - screen will stay black but Windows will add a new 'APX' devices
  • Install drivers extracted from driver file download
  • Run 'flash.bat' from ROM file download
  • Wait for flash to complete and device to reboot

• NvFlash ROM v10b / 1300166062 (15/03/2011) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: b17cb7fd3542b5d02baf49879a83acff [CURRENTLY UPLOADING]
    • NvFlash drivers - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 2eab4f16fe1337a209a550ccd0be69c2
    • Enjoy! :D

P

Guest aMpeX

I'm just curious, I thought V10c was essentially the same as V10a while being distributed only on branded devices. If not, what distinguishes this version from earlier builds (apart from it obviously being less old)?

Great work there, can't wait for the awesome things to come.

Guest Korumera
Ok, it worked :D

Baseband and LGE-version stayed the same version as pre-brick though, didn't yours include a newer radio?

Hi,

what version did you phone have 10a/b or c before you bricked it? i'm currently on version 10a and not sure to update it. I shouldnt matter that much tho :D

Hi,

what version did you phone have 10a/b or c before you bricked it? i'm currently on version 10a and not sure to update it. I shouldnt matter that much tho :D

I was on v10b, and according to the about phone section i still am :D

also heard from someone who flashed from v10a with success.

Guest Korumera
I was on v10b, and according to the about phone section i still am :D

also heard from someone who flashed from v10a with success.

Ok nice to know that it works when something goes wrong :( now i can just fumble around with ROMs and so :D

Guest Korumera
Yeah, you need to look at the build date in the build.prop to find out more than a 'general version'... :D

P

Yes, i found my build date it's 23.02.2011. So it's a pretty old one i think. All tho it's my birthday so it must be good :D

Guest michaelduijkers

Hi Paul,

Great job! thanks a lot!

I have 1 question tho.

my initial version was V10a and with your help i upgraded to V10b, but how to upgrade to V10c? I tried it several times but i can't get further then V10b

maybe i'm doing something wrong...

Thanks for the help.

M

Guest tanoxxx

Hi Paul,

really thanks for your superb work!!

You are genius, seriously!!

Can you help me? Please?

You have release this rom stock, i I'd like to start to modding my default Dual, but before make that i must to safe can flash a original stock rom for my Dual..

The problem is, your rom is v10b, but is not my rom stock of default , my rom is v10a, i have found this http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10A_00.kdz

How can flash it? or where i can found a v10a for flashing with you procedure?

Thank Paul, i wait only found clarity for this step and after i will enjoy your great work...

Thansk

Ps. Sorry for bad english.

Edited by tanoxxx

Guest Korumera

Hmmm,

just flashed my one with this ROM just to see what happens (i'm a very curious person) but now my phone keeps flashing on the LG screen is this normal? this happend after everything was sent to the phone.

Ok, handy to know after it reboots, remove the usb cable and put in battery lol :D

Edited by Korumera

Thank you very much for this! My phone is now flashed with the latest version, latest baseband, rooted and flashed CWM recovery. :D

same here :-) amazing times.

Guest vicsterscon
Hmmm,

just flashed my one with this ROM just to see what happens (i'm a very curious person) but now my phone keeps flashing on the LG screen is this normal? this happend after everything was sent to the phone.

Ok, handy to know after it reboots, remove the usb cable and put in battery lol :D

Mine did the same after updating the baseband, just pulled the usb cord after a cpl of "lg flashes", reinserted the battery and ping .. phone booting & working

Guest Batkoto

Paul,

Can you add this bit for better understanding

Wait for flash to complete and device to reboot. Once CMD window dissapear, NV flashing is completed. Unplug the USB cable, insert the battery and power on the device.

cheers

Edited by Paul

Guest Fiddelito

"Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume up and down - screen will stay black but Windows will add a new 'APX' devices"

Should i run flash.bat when i am at this step if i already have the APX-drivers installed? OR should i just start the phone and enable USB Debugging and then run flash.bat?

Does V10b work for swedish phones?

One thing i wonder is when i check "Version info" for my phone, here in sweden, it says "SW Version LGP990-V10a" and "factory version" says "LGP990AT-00-V10b-NEU-XXX-MAR-15-2011"

does that mean anything to you, more "into it", guys? :D