How do you set up hotmail on the phone??

Guest mattbrown

Guest glynton

I was so annoyed when I found out that the phone didn't have a Hotmail client! I only Use hotmail... i'm a subscriber to MSN 8, but i dont have any pop access to hotmail. I've heard that there's a version of MSN explorer coming soon to Smartphones. cant wait! =D

Guest Paul [MVP]

You could sign up to izymail, then use the phones internal IMAP client?

The setup fee is waived if you are a MoDaCo Plus member too! :)

P

Guest acyulo

Check out hotpop.com. It gives you an email service that you can use for your SAP. It works great for me. I just go to my inbox on my SAP and choose menu - send/receive mail.

Guest jmjarvis

I have to agree here with glynton.

I too am an MSN8 user and although I have other email addresses I really only want to use my @msn.com account.

OK so I get the fact that its webmail but isn't it about giving customers what they want. They listenend with outlook so why not with Pocket Outlook.

I tried IzyMail but with no success and after playing email ping-pong with the author decided to give up. Am I right in saying that you go through the IzyMail servers with this service Paul ?

I also found a hotmail add-on for the PocketPC ( http://microsoft.handango.com/PlatformProd...d=0&catalog=30) which provides this fucntionality.

"Hotmail add-on for Pocket Inbox allows you to receive, read and send email messages from your Hotmail account with Pocket Inbox program included at any PocketPC as standard message handling application. Hotmail add-on lets you to download messages for offline viewing, editing and replying. Also it uses less traffic than Pocket Internet Explorer allowing you to download and handle your email faster and at lower costs. "

I've emailed the author to ask if it can be ported across but I've had no reply yet.

This is my biggest frustration with the phone. I just hope someone listens and provides us with something soon.

Jas

• 9 months later...
Guest pattayamad

Help!!!!!.....I've subscribe to izymail to access my hotmail a/c on my MPX200 (o2 PAYG)....... have followed the step by step instructions on there website but just cannot get the hotmail a/c to work.....i've emailed izymail but thay say there should not be a problem!!!!......can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong....plz

• 6 months later...
Guest Confucious

Adrian,

Just downloaded the trial and went to set it up. All seemed to go OK but it does not appear in my list of accounts and if i try to set it up again it says an account with this name already exists.

Help?

Thanks

Guest Confucious

Just downloaded again and exactlly the same - seems to set up OK but not appearing in liast of accounts.

Also, I tried earlier on, downloading direct to my phone (OK, I was in bed and to lazy to come downstairs to the computer) but couldn't do it. When it works it might be an idea to get a more mobile friendly version of the website and have the cab available to download directly to the phone. Just a thought....

Guest ProphetX

same thing is happening to me, and is this compatible with the audiovox smt 5600, because thats what i downloaded it to. it says installed succesfully, but when i set up the account with msn mail the account doesn not show up.

Guest inspectorgadjet

I also have the same problem with the account not showing up on my c500. It did seem to start downloading the mail after I set the account up though.

Guest dragomia

You need a phone that allows unsigned apps running in priviledged mode. I've found that on some phones you can reset the security policy using the procedure bellow:

Copy the text bellow into a file named ResetSecurity.xml

<wap-provisioningdoc>

<characteristic type="SecurityPolicy">

<parm name="4123" value="1"/>

</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>

and, with the device in the cradle open a command prompt and type:

rapiconfig /p ResetSecurity.xml

If this works the security policy is reset to a one-tire policy and which should allow running un-signed in priviledged mode, to verify run

checklock, it should say the phone is un-locked.

After that un-install httpmail, download and install the most recent one from smartphone.net

rapiconfig is part of the smartphone sdk.

Adrian

Guest Confucious

Not having the sdk I can't run rapiconfig, but I have had my phone security unlocked by orange - doesn't this allow apps unsigned apps running in priviledged mode?

Guest dragomia

Use the attached file. Un-zip it, copy resetsecurity.exe to your phone in the windows folder and then, on the phone open IE and go to: file://Windowsresetsecurity.exe

then download and install the most recent version from smartphone.net

Adrian

ResetSecurity.zip

Guest Confucious

Just downloaded the app again and reinstalled. I didn't use ResetSecurity.zip as above but now the two copies of my Hotmail account show up and it works (I'll delete one of them).

One question tho'. MS are going to stop people using Outlook to download their Hotmail unless they upgrade. Will this affect this program? As I have no intention of paying for my hotmail i don't want to buy this program only to find it stops working when MS stop people using outlook in a couple of months time.

Thanks.

Guest ProphetX
Hmmm, i am getting  

Method Not Allowed  

(80042002)

Error Source: HTTP

Logging On

im having the exact same problem what provider do you have? i have att wireless

Guest bnoodle
Hmmm, i am getting  

Method Not Allowed  

(80042002)

Error Source: HTTP

Logging On

I got that same error as well, but fixed it by going into IE Options -> Connections, and setting the "Select network:" to The Internet instead of WAP network. That may mess up getting to mMode or other WAP sites though... but I don't use that much anyway.

Oh and thanks for the ResetSecurity app dragomia, you just got another customer! :lol: