Start a Petition to get Flash Player for Smartphone 2003 ??

Guest urdone311

Guest urdone311

I have been eagerly hoping for a Flash Player to be released on the MS smartphone platform, I dont know if this is going to be pushed into the "wish list" section- But the point of the post is to possibly start a petition and not to just "wish" about it.

I am a Flash Developer, and the newest version of Flash (flash mx 2004) even has Templates for certain cell phones/PDA's to create flash content for.

Come' on! We need smartphone on there! Actually we just need to get a damn player for SP 2003, who would be interested?

newflashmobiletemplate.jpg

Hello m8!

If you do a search, you will see the innumerable requests for flash player for smartphone - & the extensive info about macromedia having no interest whatsoever!! Unfortunately the last info I read was that macromedia wanted 10.000 for the software license to let somebody develop it!

Shame - coz flash player would open up a whole new world! :cry:

If you are serious about your petition, try to get about 10,000 names & then send it to macromedia's marketing dept!! I'm in!! ;)

Guest urdone311
The strangest part is ...all the other phones seem to be there ... and even Pocket PC has Flash.

urdone.. Does the Sony Erricson P800 appear on the list?

No, strangley enough the P800 isn't on the list...

I think i will start a petition, does anybody have any good ideas on how I should do it? What's a good PHP module I could use?

:?: Surely you should be able to design flash content for the P800 already, would the Nokia flash player not work on it as it is almost the same OS architecture and then just a case of changing the screen size.

Guest nickcornaglia

Is there a way for Paul to start the petition from here? We'd get the 10,000 names in no time.

Flash can indeed open up a whole new world for the SPV & Smartphones. You can make a flash site/program 176 x 180 just as easy as 1024 x 768.

Simple little flash apps & games could be made very easily for the smartphone.

I vote that we do it here and do it quickly. What else should we use our 15,000+ members clout for if not for things like this.

HEADLINE:

INTERNET SMARTPHONE FORUM MODACO INFLUENCES MACROMEDIA TO RELEASE FLASH FOR THE MICROSOFT SMARTPHONE OS.

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'm happy to promote this in MoDaCo's own inimitable way, but there's some things we should do first.

The best way to run the petition is as a poll - I will add one to this topic. I can produce a nice list of submitted names from a poll to send to Macromedia or whoever.

Before we start promoting the petition though, we need an official, on the record statement from Macromedia that they don't plan to develop for smartphone, and if possible, why.

If someone could approach them for that, we can get the ball rolling!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

"]an official, on the record statement from Macromedia that they don't plan to develop for smartphone, and if possible, why.

I just send their PR department a mail ... I'll post the reply (if any) ;)

Pocket Spark runs on an iPAQ fine - just emulate an iPAQ OS Environment, I mean if we can emulate game consoles and older pc's why cant we just xhange a few reg params to fool the SPV into thinking its an iPAQ and run the freely downloadable freeware flash plugin POCKET SPARK. (url posted in customisation forum)

Guest urdone311
Pocket Spark runs on an iPAQ fine - just emulate an iPAQ OS Environment, I mean if we can emulate game consoles and older pc's why cant we just xhange a few reg params to fool the SPV into thinking its an iPAQ and run the freely downloadable freeware flash http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plug-in POCKET SPARK. (url posted in customisation forum)

Your idea is good, but i think it would be best for Macromedia to officially release a fully OPTIMIZED FOR SMARTPHONE flash player...

Guest Paul [MVP]

That's actually not very useful is it!

Hmmm, i'll have a chat with some of my contacts, see if we can get something a bit more productive...

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

You could always start a co-op, people in a couple of villages did it just so that they could tell BT to screw their ADSL for taking so long to enable their exchange, in the meantime though and if you know Director you can use a plugin in Director that will convert flash movies into c code that just needs compiling into an .exe