Simple Bluetooth Toggle App

Guest MrMagoo

Guest MrMagoo

This utility provides a very quick and easy way to turn Bluetooth on and off.

Run it and it will toggle BT from off to on and from on to off as appropriate.

The only indications of it working are a) The word BTToggle appears in the title bar at the top of the screen (briefly) :) the bluetooth icon will appear/disappear in the title bar as appropriate.

If you use a home screen with the mru plugin or the orange shortcut plugin you can have this easily accessible.

Installs a shortcut to Accessories section of start menu.

BTToggle.CAB

hi together,

havent tested this little tool yet (playing around with a p900 at the moment;-)). is it really quicker that pressing & holding the home key, pressing 3 and switching bt on or off?

cheers, lutz

Guest MrMagoo
hi together,

havent tested this little tool yet (playing around with a p900 at the moment;-)). is it really quicker that pressing & holding the home key, pressing 3 and switching bt on or off?

cheers, lutz

Try it and see... it all depends on your preferences. I use it a lot in development testing, so it is always in my "mru" list - this means I can turn Bluetooth on/off by a quick flourish of the joystick. I personally find that easier than the method you describe. But like I said, it's down to personal preference ...

preview:

I am hoping to hook into the incoming call notification and automatically turn bt on and off :)

hi mr magoo,

nice app, installed it now and think it is very useful! has anyone created a plugin for the homescreen to have it always available? the idea to automate it for incoming calls is also very smart - did you get anywhere near to this?

another question to you, magoo, as it looks to me like you are good in that: it would be a very nice workaround for the battery sucking sd card controller. would it be possible to create a tool like the bt toggler for the sd card controller too?

cheers, lutz

Guest MrMagoo
hi mr magoo,

nice app, installed it now and think it is very useful! has anyone created a plugin for the homescreen to have it always available?

not yet, currently working on it but i haven't written any plug-ins before....

the idea to automate it for incoming calls is also very smart - did you get anywhere near to this?

not tried yet... next job maybe

another question to you, magoo, as it looks to me like you are good in that: it would be a very nice workaround for the battery sucking sd card controller. would it be possible to create a tool like the bt toggler for the sd card controller too

I have been trying, but not getting anywhere. The device seems to accept power control commands but does not alter it's power state accordingly... it must be possible because WindowsSDCARDBusControl.exe -x turns off the sd card and bluetooth but it doesn't seem possible atm to turn the card back on (also can cause the phone to hang)

I am still trying to find a way so if anyone has any good ideas or info...

hi magoo,

exactly the same as we've got. we wrote a little app that sends the on/off command to the card controller but found the phone hanging then... seems like a deeper problem since this is already a third party software for it and i guess htc found out that it doesn't work too...

cheers, lutz

• 2 months later...
Guest lutzh

hi mrmagoo,

since i love the bttoggler in combination with xbar to set my bt on/off in scheduled times i am wondering if you could write a little app that switches between normal and silent profile just like the bttoggler?

thanks for any feedback!

cheers, lutz

Guest Bumfluff

While trying to get an app to stop I was randomly pressing all of the buttons on my phone and some how opened a menu that allowed me to connect/disconnect GPRS Bluetooth or HCSCD. The menu bar was titled Quick List (like the power/profile menu) but for the love of god I haven't been able to find it again. It seems that there is a built in BT toggle but how?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com
While trying to get an app to stop I was randomly pressing all of the buttons on my phone and some how opened a menu that allowed me to connect/disconnect GPRS Bluetooth or HCSCD. The menu bar was titled Quick List (like the power/profile menu) but for the love of god I haven't been able to find it again. It seems that there is a built in BT toggle but how?

Press and hold the Home button for the Quick List.

It's extraordinary how many things you can find by simply pressing and holding a button - try any, anywhere in the phone (maybe in a menu, in a text input slot, etc.).

• 1 month later...
Guest jofullalove

Is there one of these toggle apps for infrared/beam. when recieving files via bluetooth, both bluetooth and beam need to be on, so it would be better for a shortcut for both