As a BBC Good Food Magazine subscriber i've looked on with envy as - as usual - the BBC has made it's content available in iPad optimised form. Finally, however, I need envy no more - 'BBC Good Food - Recipes' is now available for Android!
The application itself is free for a limited time and includes 20 selected recipes including Beef & beer pie, Summer vegetable curry and Chocolate & raspberry pots. It also includes tools like a roast timer, handy weight converters, and a basic glossary of ingredients and techniques.
As well as the included 20 recipes, additional cookbooks are available in the app (each with at least 160 recipes to try)... normally priced at £1.49 but available FREE for a limited time! All recipes include nutritional information on kcals, protein, carbs, fat, saturated fat, fibre, sugar and salt per serving.
The cookbooks available are:
- Healthy - 195 recipes including Salmon & ginger fish cakes, Thai beef stir-fry and Indian butternut squash curry
- Quick - 195 recipes including Quick lamb biryani, Parmesan spring chicken and easy puds, and White chocolate & berry pudding.
- One-pot - 170 recipes including Sausage casserole with garlic toasts and One-pot mushroom & potato curry, Prosciutto & pesto fish gratin
- Cake - 170 recipes including Lemon drizzle cake, Best-ever brownies and Carrot cake with cinnamon frosting
- Seasonal - 180 recipes including Asparagus cream pasta, Peppered chicken with watercress and Slow-cooked pork & red cabbage
- Food for friends - 170 recipes including Crispy chicken with pancetta & butter beans, Cauliflower cheese & spinach pasta bake and Bakewell cheesecake
- Festive - 180 recipes including Unbelievably easy mince pies, Classic roast turkey with red wine baste and Brussels with hazelnut & orange butter
While the Play Store comments suggest that the application needs a bit of tweaking, grabbing all of the recipe books while they are free seems a very good idea... head on over to the Play Store to get started!