Jump Desktop, normally priced at $9.99, is free on the Amazon US Appstore today.
The application is a multi-protocol (RDP + VNC) client that has recently been updated to include Windows 8 Touch support. Setup is dead easy using the JumpDesktop.com website's automatic setup option and your Google account.
- Multi-touch ready: Pinch-zoom, two finger scrolling, mouse dragging all supported. Even three finger taps are supported to quickly show and hide the keyboard.
- SSH Tunnel support
- The best external keyboard and mouse support on Android: Supports all external keyboard keys and shortcuts. Right mouse clicks supported too with external mice - all natural, PC like!
- Universal application: Works on tablets and phones - buy it only once and use it on all your Android devices
- Full support for multitasking: Switch to other apps without disconnecting
- Supports large custom screen resolution
- Full mouse support: left and right clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
- Touch redirection support for Windows 8 and Server 2012
- Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, SBS Server
- Secure: 40/56/128bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication support
- Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
- Multiple monitor support on Windows 7 and above
- Console sessions
- Audio streaming
VNC features include...
- Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
- Secure: Supports SSL encryption when used with Jump's automatic setup instructions: http://jumpdesktop.com/go
- 8 and 16-bit color
- OS X Screen Sharing support
- Multiple monitor support
- Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
Do you have an Amazon US account with a configured US address and card? If so then head on over to the Amazon appstore site to download!