Back in December we reviewed the Inspire Home Automation thermostat which allows you to control your home heating from the Internet and your Android phone. A new version is now available aimed at landlords.
Priced at £139.99, a £15 premium on the regular version, the thermostat is based on the same hardware but offers the following additional features:
- Remote Setup - All our landlord features are configurable remotely, saving you from travelling to the property to make any adjustments.
- Specify a minimum and maximum set point - Enter your own minimum and maximum set points, to prevent the user from pushing the set point up to excessive temperatures and overheating the home.
- Disable the Menu - Prevent any of the program timers being changed locally by disabling the menu.
- Lock the set point - Prevent users from changing the set point by locking it.
- Restrict functions - Remove functions from the thermostat, to prevent users from switching the thermostat on permanently.
- Variable Boost Function - When enabled, this can be configured to switch the thermostat on for a set time interval, for example 30 minutes, before reverting back to its previous setting.
Pretty neat if you own a rental property! Check out our original thermostat review to hear what we thought of the device. Spoiler: nearly 6 months on, we still love it. :)