The ZTE Blade III has finally hit UK shores thanks to a deal with Virgin Media which sees the bargain handset on sale for only £79.99.
The phone will be available on contracts starting from just £18 per month - going down to £13 per month for existing Virgin Media subscribers - and a bargain pay as you go price of £79.99 includes a £10 top up, a great price for a capable phone running Android 4.0.4 Ice-Cream Sandwich.
Modders and tweakers will also be pleased to know that there is already a small but active community here on MoDaCo.
The latest addition to the successful Blade family, the ZTE Blade III features a larger screen, memory capacity of 2.5GB which can be further expanded with a 32 GB memory card and Android 4.0, providing a smooth user experience at a modest price point.
“We paid close attention to user feedback when designing the Blade III. It is the first smartphone in its price range with a 4-inch touch screen and Android 4.0 and is very well suited for the UK market. We believe that the ZTE Blade III will bring a quality mobile experience to a larger UK audience,” said Kalam Meah, Account Director, ZTE UK.
ZTE previously partnered with Virgin Media to launch the ZTE Tania Windows Phone and two Android phones: the Grand X and the best selling ZTE Kis (in black and white). The ZTE Blade III has also been launched in key European countries including Germany, Spain, the Nordics and Eastern Europe amongst others. The Blade lll will also be launched in other European countries soon.
Key specifications of the Blade III
- 4 inch WVGA (800x480) 65K TFT capacitive touch screen
- Weight: 130 gram
- Size: 120.5 x 63.5 x 10.85mm
- 1GHz Qualcomm MSM 7227 A processor
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Memory: ROM 4 GB, ca 2.5GB accessible to the user, RAM 512 MB
- Supports Micro SD memory card up to 32 GB
- 5.0 MP AF camera with 4 x digital zoom
- Mobile standards: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) /HSPA/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Audio standards: MP3, AAC, AAC+, midi, AMR-NB
- Video standards: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
- Wireless communications standards: Bluetooth™ 2.1, A2DP1.2, GPS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery capacity: Li-ion1600 mAh
- FM radio
ZTE is the 4th biggest handset manufacturer in the world according to IDC, a leading provider of global ICT market research and advisory services.
The design certainly looks more appealing than the previous Blade devices, even if the specs are largely similar. Do you plan on picking one up? Let us know!