Today Nokia officially announced the Lumia 720 and 520 handsets at MWC in Barcelona, Spain.
The Nokia Lumia 720 is a mid to high end device which bridges the gap between the Lumia 620 and 820 in Nokia's product line up. While in numbering it seems to be the successor to the Lumia 710, it is a much more feature rich and capable device.
The highlights of the device are the 4.3" WVGA (800x480) Super Sensitive Touch display and the f/1.9 aperture 6.7 megapixel camera. Unlike the Lumia 520, the 720 has a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera which should be compatible with Skype HD.
The tech specs of the Lumia 720 are as follows:
- Networks: GSM/EDGE: 850 (5)/900 (8)/1800 (3)/1900 (2) MHz, WCDMA: 850 (5)/900 (8)/1900 (2)/2100 (1) MHz, HSPA+: 21 Mbps, (Cat 14)
- OS: Windows Phone 8, GDR1
- CPU: MSM8227, 1.0 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- Storage: 8 GB + microSD Card Slot
- Display: 4.3” ClearBlack WVGA LCD, 2.25 D Glass, Super Sensitive Touch
- Camera: Back: 6.7 MPIX, BSI, Auto-Focus, Carl Zeiss, LED flash, HD 720p @ at 30 fps, Front: Skype HD wide angle (1.3Mpix)
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n, µUSB, BT 3.0, 3D Accelerometer, Proximity, Magnetometer, Automatic Light Sensor. (No Gyroscope)
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery + Wireless Charging Cover Accessory; standby 520hrs, talk time 13.5hrs
- Audio: 2 HAAC (high-amplitude audio capture) mics, HD Voice (wideband audio, noise cancellation)
- Size: 127.9 x 67.5 x 9mm
- Weight: 128g
- Colours: Gloss: White, Matte: Red, Yellow, Cyan & Black
Wireless charging is an optional feature which can be added using the changeable back covers, as with the Lumia 820. NFC connectivity is included, but it is not yet clear if the battery on the Lumia 720 is user replaceable.
Are you considering upgrading from a Lumia 710 to a 720 like I am? Do you think the £260 SIM free price is competitive? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Nokia Conversations