Jump to content

PaulOBrien -

Recent Article Comments

• The Soup Thief's Photo
    Ask MoDaCo: The Vodafone Smart Tab 4G

The Soup Thief -

• Sere83's Photo
    Thursday night is podcast night!

Sere83 -

Sponsored Links

Recent Topics

• matke84's Photo
    Lewa OS for ZTE Blade Q Mini

matke84 -

• rayxcooley's Photo
    samsung note 3 cases ---------------------- In my earlier posts, you can see I have explain some of the Samsung Note 3 Cases like Open Face Cases and

rayxcooley -

• medinstpro's Photo
    [ROM] [REQUEST] G510 - Emui 2.0

medinstpro -

• zeka111's Photo
    please make look like ios rom

zeka111 -

• gkalen's Photo
    [ROM] BaiDu Blade V , Official BaiDu Os6 ported from N909 to BladeV

gkalen -

• chil360's Photo
    [DEV][ROM] SlimKat with display-caf

chil360 -

Recent Replies

• Gonzalox's Photo
    [ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [15/10/2014]

Gonzalox -

• gith's Photo
    Some questions, prior to purchase.

gith -

• matke84's Photo
    Lewa OS for ZTE Blade Q Mini

matke84 -

Sponsored Links

- - - - -

Three slash the price of their 'unlimited' One Plan

Hot on the heels of its recent PAYG change, Three have only gone and slashed the price of their SIM Only "One Plan" as well!

The price has now been reduced from £25/month to just £15 on a 12 month contract.

For your £15/month you'll get:
  • 2000 Minutes
  • 5000 Three-to-Three Minutes
  • 5000 Texts
  • All You Can Eat Data (tethering included)
If you don't want to tie yourself to a 12 month contract, then the same can be had for £18 on a month to month plan.

If you get decent Three coverage where you are this could be a right royal bargain with their speedy DC-HSPA network now widely rolled out. Three have also pledged to make 4G available at no extra cost later this year, at which point the pricing becomes incredible value.

Are you tempted to switch networks?

Posted Image

[Via: Three Store]

About the author

Zarch1972's Photo
Zarch is a veteran gadgeteer who has owned everything from a Commodore VIC-20 to an iPhone 5S and much of what came in-between.

17 Comments

if they offer the same deal as a payg bundle then in a flash yes.
Photo
T39andcounting
Jul 03 2013 03:48 PM
Very tempted by the 1 month plan when my Orange contract runs out later this month. There aren't any phones I really want to upgrade to at the moment, and my Galaxy Nexus is doing fine!
    • 0
As this includes tethering, could you use the SIM In a MiFi or similar? I tried one of their lower cost mobile SIMs and it refused to work in a MiFi.
    • 0
I'm on a talk 900 deal with 3, so this deal looks great. especially with the unlimited data part. so I will look in to it. thanks for the heads up.
    • 0

I think the terms and conditions state phones only.
    • 0
Anyone know whether 4G is no extra cost on payg as well?
Photo
T39andcounting
Jul 04 2013 01:44 PM
This may be a silly question, but why does anyone use PAYG when there are 1 month contracts? Are there ever any benefits? I assume a 'contract' would always beat PAYG on price. Is it just the flexibility to top up or not when you have the money?
    • 0

Do they still do credit checks on 30 day contracts like they do on 12+ month ones? Not sure?
Photo
jordanclarke69
Jul 04 2013 02:21 PM
I still prefer virgin's unlimited calls, texts and data, rolling 30 day contract for £15, with no fair usage policy.
unless you phone a lot of people already on three, then the two thousand minutes only equates to just over an hour a day.... i talk to my gf more than that on the phone, let alone friends and work calls!
only down side is the lack of 4g in future (and they say no tethering, though i know you can on EE's network).
    • 0

For me, Three's new PAYG deal, with no time limit, is ideal. When I saw that they were removing the "month to use" clause, I checked how much I have used so far this month. In 3 weeks since my last bill, I'd have used less than £2.50 in credit, meaning a £10 top up will last me 3 or 4 months. Makes a contract, for me, ridiculously expensive in comparison.
    • 1
Photo
T39andcounting
Jul 04 2013 03:45 PM

I assume you're not using data then? As soon as you add the kind of data a smartphone uses it seems to negate the saving. And if you need tethering all of the PAYG options seem to prevent this.
    • 0
I'm currenty paying £12 a month on a rolling 1 month contract for all you can eat data on Three
    • 0
@jigjags Is that £12 with tethering included? That's the important bit of the One Plan for me.

With around £60 of quidco/topcashback for a 12 month contact, this would work out at around £10 a month.
    • 0

Used to use quite a lot out of the monthly allowance, but, now I work from home a lot, so use wifi, and when out and about I take my Nexus7 and a mifi. I also turn off background data sync, I don't need notifying every 15 minutes that some pointless email has arrived, I can check that at lunchtime or when I get home. Not only does that cut down on the data used, but it saves your battery too. Even if I did use a chunk of data, at 1p per Mb, it's not really a concern, and reading emails and browsing a few websites doesn't use that much.
Photo
comicbookguy
Jul 04 2013 06:02 PM
know what i'll be doing when my current 12 month sim only contract with 3 ends..... just wish they'd stop letting so much spam thru....
    • 0
I am beginning to rethink the whole giffgaff payasgo because the market has got so much more competitive since I last looked.
Photo
slimstinator
Jul 13 2013 11:00 PM
3 are a nightmare and have the worst customer service record in the UK (Oftcom). I have had four days of torture on the phone to them this week trying to upgrade my wife's phone. Their customer services are an absolute joke. Hopefully next week the new phone will arrive, but considering it has been up and down the country once already who knows what will happen next!