Recent Article Comments
BT Sport App goes live, we take a quick look
The feature list from Google Play listing sounds comprehensive.
The BT Sport app for Android smartphones and tablets allows BT Sport subscribers to watch BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN live and on the go.
Keep up to date with BT Sport’s growing line-up of live events including Barclays Premier League, Aviva Premiership, SPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, WTA tennis and UFC, with news, fixtures, results and more.
Get an enhanced live experience for BT Sport’s 38 Barclays Premier League matches per season, with in-game statistics, text commentary and social media features that allow you to get involved.
- Don’t miss a moment of the action with live streaming of BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN
- Exclusive streaming of selected events that will not be televised on the channels
- On-demand catch-up of full BT Sport programmes
- An array of video clips including highlights, interviews, video diaries and more
- A second-screen companion service for BT Sport’s live FA Premier League matches with stats, commentary and more
- Get involved with the debate through Twitter polls and Q&As
- Sports news coverage
- Fixtures, results and league tables
- Seven-day channel listings
Obviously, the key feaure is how it streams live sport and last night's Bayern Munich v Manchester City friendly gave me a chance to check the app out.
First thing to mention is that unlike Sky Go, the BT Sport app runs fine on rooted devices. I had no problem logging on (BT ID required) through my rooted HTC One. No hacking or messing around required.
So what about playback? Well in the main, the picture was fine, it kept up with play and the audio seemed in sync.
But sadly, things weren't totally rosy as every 20 or 30 seconds the picture juddered. (see below)
Not sure at this stage where the problem lies. I'm running a HTC One on 70Mb BT Infinity broadband, so I can't see either of those being the problem.
Weirdly, it only seemed to be the players that smeared as you can see, the logos and graphics etc stayed sharp.
Okay BT, teething troubles on day one. I will be happy as long as they have it sorted for the start of the football season on August 17th.
Let us know how you are getting on with the BT Sport App
[ Via: BT Sport on Google Play ]
About the author