Recent Article Comments
Just installed Fusion ROM and xtheme module
Free Steam Games
ARMv7 to ARMv6 games converter
Download Thor The Dark World Full Movie Free
Get £10 plus a further 10% off the new Advent Vega
Experimental Firefox OS for Xperia E available for developers
You can flash Firefox OS on your Xperia™ E by performing the following steps:
- Unlock the boot loader using their unlock boot loader service. Note that the possibility to unlock a device can sometimes be restricted due to operator restrictions. Also note that once you’ve unlocked your phone, you will not get any official software updates from Sony.
- Download and install the flash tool for Xperia.
- Start the flash tool and connect your phone as described in the flash tool instructions. When you connect your unlocked Xperia™ E, the Firefox OS software will be available to flash. There is also a standard Sony software version that you can flash, if you want to go back to Android™ from the Firefox OS software.
Some of the features are not switched on or implemented in Firefox OS, such as:
- No radio connectivity available, due to that this software has not passed certification and type approval. This means that you cannot make any phone calls or use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- The functionality of the SD card might be unstable.
- The touch sensitivity is not fully calibrated.
Full information on this experimental rom is available on the Sony Developer Blog, I cant imagine seeing Firefox OS coming to the United Kingdom anytime soon, Telefónica have advised they will be launching the devices in Brazil, Colombia, Spain and Venezuela during mid-2013.
[via: Sony Developer Blog]
About the author