I'm trying your easy method, but in Windows XP or 7 I can't get an adb device. I installed the drivers in the first post. It's listed in device manager as a media device 'A1'. I have usb debugging enabled, and I tried turning it off and on. On Ubuntu I see the device when I run adb-linux devices. The devices reboots into bootloader, but then the fastboot-linux command gets stuck < waiting for device >
Are there some other windows drivers I can try?
EDIT: ok I tried the script on my mac (10.7) and it finally worked. after flashing the new recovery I was able to install the beta 4 zip file. Thanks for your help.
hmm... when I try to Install OpenRecoveryScript in goomanager I get an error "No recovies were found for your device". I think I have the first version installed. 9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-liquid-KANG, build date march 4 if that says anything. It's a liquid E, but the model under settings says A1. I have CWM v188.8.131.52. If I try to flash it from CWM I get the following error:
- wakes up faster then 2.3 based roms after pressing the power button
- animations laggy, especially the live wallpaper
- browser takes a long time to render pages
- rotation effects work well. no screen off effect
- 257MB RAM free after first boot, and running market (google play) to install angry birds
- angry birds works smooth!
- google maps works well. GPS is quick to lock
- no swap or ext used
- 247MB RAM free after doing all the above and playing around a bit. looks good
I'll report on battery after a bit.
I'm on baseband version A1-05.01.05. That's what it should be right?
hmm root explorer is in chinese so I dont know which button is used for delete.
also I cannot install anything from the market because it says that there isn't enough space. in about phone it says there is 155mb left, and I have an ext2 partition thats 512mb big and empy
"There is insufficient space on the device"
I cleared all settings in the market app, and all caches in malez and now I can download new apps. Thanks