Then I think you have the problem I had: the updater and recovery both use sdcard0/cmupdater for the new version zip files, but this is the external SD card when the phone is booted and the internal when in CWM. The recovery thus can't find the file to flash and gives you the error you're seeing. I couldn't find any way to change where the updater saves its downloads so I gave up and reverted to using the internal SD as primary, and all the hassle that entailed. I can update with one click now though, so it was worth the time.
@rhen: so you did, sorry about that, I completely missed it :-( If the change log is complete, and your experience seems to prove it, then it must be something local to me. I'll have to tinker more, perhaps as far as the dreaded full wipe.
Thanks for the repost, I'll try to pay more attention in future!
Still no working wi-fi toggle since the nightly of 25th, which also means moving out of range and back in means no wi-fi... I don't have the change log for the 26th but it looks like something was changed from then.
I'm using external SD as primary (since that's how it's always been and I hate reinstalling stuff) but this means the CM updater downloads to a different directory to the one CWM uses when trying to update, and of course fails as above. If I copy the downloaded files from sdcard0/cmupdater to sdcard1/cmupdater then click to install it works just fine.
So, is it possible to get the updater to write directly into the real internal 'sd card'? I couldn't see a target directory in any config file. Otherwise I think I'd have to revert back to using the internal as primary and all the pain that would involve.
I confess: I still play Candy Crush Saga... It's always struggled on the G300 - delayed response, no response, lots of 'Wait' presses to ANR popups, etc. but since switching to CM10.2 it's become mostly unplayable as it simply crashes out more often than not. Best results are immediately after a reboot but nothing is guaranteed. I've looked through the logcat output but I can't see anything obvious, but then I don't really know what I'm looking for...
As a bit of corroboration of the above this morning when I reached an EDGE-only area, with a strong signal and data connection working fine, I switched in and out of airplane mode and the phone was then unable to reconnect. There seem to be attempts to connect (according to NSI app) but it never stays connected. I'd like to see if there's any useful logging related to this, but without the device node/kernel support I'm stuck.
Trying to get some logging for the 3G problem I'm finding catlog does nothing. Running logcat from CLI gives:
Can't find any way to enable logging, nor anything in build.prop which might disable it. Kernel is 3.0.8-CM10-perf joe@aida#1 Mon Jul 29 20:16:24 CEST 2013
As far as I've observed I can maintain a 3G connection of decreasing speed as I drive out into the sticks in the morning - I start with H+ then drop through H, 3G, E, and G right until it picks up the office wifi. After that I can't get a data connection again until I get back to an HSDPA area on the drive home, the phone is seeing the signal but fails to establish a connection.