Orange SPV E200 Questions

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Guest Toyota-F1.com
having both the original spv and the E200 i must say i find the photo quality on the org spv far better i have as yet not managed to get what i call a good photo out the E200 maybe its a software thing i dont know but maybe the E100 MIGHT BE A BETTER CHOICE :wink:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean,,, when you put a digicam to a TV, you'll get funny lines, but does this happen with the SPV E200??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on, just try it with a few cameras you might have lying around, you'll see what I mean!

Also, do you think it'd be possible to create an application that would allow you to listen FM Radio with your phone? That'd be good!

oh i got it now. This is normal and happens even with my digital camera or my camcoder. Those lines are actualy how the screen of the tv or pc refreshes in order to produce the image we see. I mean that in order to a tv or pc screen to produce an image. It shows us a continues feed of pictures very very fast. If you notice older tv are slower. And the new tv 100mhz are the same as pc screens. Those lines are not detectable by human eye except if the pc screen or tv are of a very bad quality or damaged. But as the camera on E200 or spv run on 50 or 60mhz those lines are detectable as shown below on this picture taken by my E200. It is a pc screen.

E200_camera.JPG

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Aha, thankyou!

What I wanted to do was to perhaps record vid clips from a programme to show people so I was wondering whether there'd be moving lines all over it!

Here's pic from my Panasonic GD87e:

You can see the horizontal/diagonal lines. When the camera's running, these lines move accross the screen, to make them less obvious, I have to adjust the brightness.

BB Eye.jpg

TF-Air mod.jpg

Guest Toyota-F1.com
I have a video and and is very hard to see those lines. But Also i just find out that you can not record tv properly with the E200

I may have been unclear again:

I meant video recording using the SPV, but of TV - anything on TV, not a video. :? :shock: :lol:

Am I really confusing :? 8) :?:

:D

Sorry my video (then one that i took with my E200) is obviously not attached to my post. Posibly because is 3.0mb and an avi file. if you want i can email you the video file. If you give me your email

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Just checking that on an SD memory card, you can actually delete data (like a hard drive) or can you just write to it (like a CD in a CD - ROM, not in a CDRW).

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Nice to see my first ever thread has been starred!

Can you sync individual things e.g. if I want to transfer a file across either way, can I do it without the phone automatically syncing and exchanging data with Microsoft Outlook? Also can you change what aspects of Outlook are exchanged e.g. only Notes and Calender entries, but no e-mails?

You can change the thinks that are sync with outlook. You have to connect your spv to your pc sync it and then right click on the sync image of your pc and it will show you a list of options. If you unselect all the options then you can transfer files without an automatic sync.

Also I am sure that you can find some more staff on the manual.

HAve you read it??

I am also new and have ben wanting to get either a motorola MPx200 or an SPV e200.

When I went into carphone warehouse I looked at both handsets, unfortunatly The battery on the SPV e200 was dead so I only got to feel what the handset was like, the Motorola on the other hand was brilliant, as soon as I turned it on the brightness and clarity was amazing. As were the feautures.

The problem is that I really don't know which to go for, lol. Both have their issues, pros and cons.

The guy at the shop said that its possible to use bluetooth on the SPV and link it to your PC and use broadband on the SPV, is this true? Also it would cost anything on your bill would it?

Thanks, Anarki.

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the site mate :lol:

I'd go for the E200.

There are a few threads comparing the 2 phones that you might want to read but judging on the difference between my E200 and my mate's MPX200 I think I've bought the right phone. Video and still camera is in-built on the E200 for example and his Moto has rubbish battery life.

Bluetooth - Yes

Broadband - No

These apply to both I believe.

The E200 is easier to application unlock as well which means it's easier to install new games & apps :D

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Is it true that Bluetooth switches itself on every time the phone is switched on?

I hope it's not, because I would want it to be switched off all the time (even when I switch it on) and only switch it on when I'll need (which'll probably be never, unless I want to do some bluejacking :wink: ).

Also, I have read about the IA Caller Application (the caller ID one) and, I wouldn't mind removing it, but can if removed, can you just keep an image to each contact? So, the pic wouldn't show up when they ring, but you'd be able to see it in the phonebook?

No and No. Means No the bt is not swich on every time the phone is switched on. and No there are no pictures in the phonebook.

And if you remove IA caller it dramataticaly improves the battery life

Guest Toyota-F1.com
and No there are no pictures in the phonebook.

Damn, so you can't just have pictures assigned to people in phonebook and no picture when phone rings?

I was hoping to do that seeing as though the SPV E200 has more memory than my Panasonic GD87e.

Guest Toyota-F1.com

The phone is scheduled to come tomorrow........

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! It was supposed to come last Thurs but delayed by weather :cry:

ROLL ON MONDAY!!!

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Yesss!!!! I’ve got it today finally!!! I really like it… even though I don’t know how to use it yet…! I can hardly eat anything, so excited, keep feeling sick (not literally, just inside)!

Something which I can’t figure; whenever you “activate” an application e.g. Windows Media Player, then close it (even though there’s no official way of closing, I think), when I open task manager, why does it say the app is still open? The add-on card is good, has 8MB and PowerPoint!

I’m at College right now went home earlier to have a look at my new phone! It charged quick – very short time it took which was strange. I don’t think it suffers from buzzing… I phoned 150 (453 actually, pay as you go remaining balance, the same voice) didn’t seem too bad, not as clear as you usually hear phones, just a little bit of background noise. I haven’t used the CD yet (Outlook, ActiveSync), looking forward to playing some more when I get home!!!

Reply sooooon!

Guest Toyota-F1.com

I've found something, obviously not concrete, but people will low battery problems, does detaching GPRS work? (Press + hold call button, then Detach GPRS)?

It's looking good, still experimenting though!

I can't get the contacts from my Panasonic GD87e to the SPV E200. I've tried activating the beam on both handsets,a dn in the manual, it says that the phone has "OptiWiz" hich transfers all contacts, but it's not in start menu... any ideas? :lol:

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Orange update, it should be on there :wink:

Its it free or do you get charged for the WAP/GPRS connection?

Thanks!

Also, It's crashed once-I was playing an mp3 and it was working fine then i cant remember what i did, and it just crashed showing the timer in the middle - the mp3 was playing fine, and the timer was moving fine but then because i had it on full volume, i took the battery out. this won't have harmed it will it? Please say no...!

Guest Toyota-F1.com

:shock: It's not working.

It switch it on and it just hangs at the Windows Mobile screen. If I press any buttons, they don't light up. If I try to switch it off, it won't. The backlight won't turn off either. My PC can't see it either, even though it does charge.

What can I do :cry: ?

It switch it on and it just hangs at the Windows Mobile screen. If I press any buttons, they don't light up. If I try to switch it off, it won't. The backlight won't turn off either. My PC can't see it either, even though it does charge

What I would do is leave the battery to charge up a bit if you are unsure how much charge its holding. Then do a hard reset :wink:

Sometimes the phone can hang if you run out of phone memory. Had you been installing many files (ie progs, WAVS) to IPSM ?